Current Roster

I am amazed by those on this forum that keep reminding us that Brad won 20 games last year and that this current team should be doing better.The 20 wins last season was done against a mediocre NC schedule and a down year A-10 league. We also had Ian last year who forced the opposition to double him in most games, which freed up Tommie and Kevin. This year due to the " outstanding" recruiting of BS, we have a front court which has to be ranked in the bottom 5 of D1 basketball. In addition we have a point guard who is unable or unwilling to shoot the ball. We have a 6'5" power forward who should be playing the 3 and coming off the bench. That leaves us with 2 above average guards (not great) to try and carry the team. I am amazed that this team has won 9 games. I think talent wise we rank at the bottom of the A-10. As for you BS supporters this is the same guy who had no use for a 6'9 285 lbs center who is currently averaging 16 points and 9rbs per game at SWIC.

We should be grateful that we have RM here to straighten out this mess.

I am amazed by those on this forum that keep reminding us that Brad won 20 games last year and that this current team should be doing better.The 20 wins last season was done against a mediocre NC schedule and a down year A-10 league. We also had Ian last year who forced the opposition to double him in most games, which freed up Tommie and Kevin. This year due to the " outstanding" recruiting of BS, we have a front court which has to be ranked in the bottom 5 of D1 basketball. In addition we have a point guard who is unable or unwilling to shoot the ball. We have a 6'5" power forward who should be playing the 3 and coming off the bench. That leaves us with 2 above average guards (not great) to try and carry the team. I am amazed that this team has won 9 games. I think talent wise we rank at the bottom of the A-10. As for you BS supporters this is the same guy who had no use for a 6'9 285 lbs center who is currently averaging 16 points and 9rbs per game at SWIC.

Agree totally, but am afraid you'll have a hard sell today.

The team last year not only won 20 games but acheived an RPI of 74. This year's RPI is now 144. Last year's team had several very good wins including Missouri State, Mississippi, Xavier, GW and UMass. They also had a couple of terrible losses. This team returned their two leading scoreres and 6 of their top 7 players. They also added a productive Junior college player. I am not defending BS's recruiting as he was on his way to leaving the cupboard very bare. But not this year. This team has more talent than this. Majerus needs to be accountable for that.

They were good enough to have some success last year. What happened? It's all IV?

Huh? D. Brown, Polk and Husak were not "good" last year. The bills were a good, not great team. IV, weak schedule, lucky bounces (see Missouri St.), amazing shooting nights (see Xavier) contributed last year.

No one is disputing that Majerus shares some of the blame for that mess last night. I don't know why you keep insinuating that.

You keep saying this, but what does it matter if 3 of those guys aren't very good?

Agreed, saying we returned 6 of our top 7 players is meaningless. Last year we received valuable minutes from only 4 players. Kevin,Tommie, Luke, and most importantly Ian. I will give credit to the GW coach for his game plan last night. He trapped and over played our guards last night and dared them to take the ball to the basket, as he knew that SLU had nothing inside to take advantage of the switch when their big men would rotate over. Last year teams had to respect Ian, who was not only a threat to score but was also an excellent passer if double teamed. When Bryce is double teamed he is almost always stripped of the ball.

Huh? D. Brown, Polk and Husak were not "good" last year. The bills were a good, not great team. IV, weak schedule, lucky bounces (see Missouri St.), amazing shooting nights (see Xavier) contributed last year.

No one is disputing that Majerus shares some of the blame for that mess last night. I don't know why you keep insinuating that.

The team had success compared to this year's team with those players. They also lost some close games so your crap about lucky bounces is laughable. Over a 30 game season that all comes out in the wash. The reason I keep bringing this up is I keep hearing about a "lack of talent" which is a big excuse for Majerus that doesn't hold water. This team is underacheiving in a big way.

The team had success compared to this year's team with those players. They also lost some close games so your crap about lucky bounces is laughable. Over a 30 game season that all comes out in the wash. The reason I keep bringing this up is I keep hearing about a "lack of talent" which is a big excuse for Majerus that doesn't hold water. This team is underacheiving in a big way.

If you don't see the lack of talent, you're laughable. Yes, this team is also underachieving. As for lucky bounces, a victory was the direct result of a lucky bounce against Missouri St.

If you don't see the lack of talent, you're laughable. Yes, this team is also underachieving. As for lucky bounces, a victory was the direct result of a lucky bounce against Missouri St.

I realize your not a big fan of facts but SLU was 1-2 in 1 point games last year. Lucky bounce on one shot or not they deserved to win at least one of those games. That isn't luck.

Although height is not a "talent" when your tallest stater is 6'6 you operating at a deficit. We have two scorers, one who can be very streaky (Kevin) and one who has a tendency to disappear for long stretches (Tommie) and not much else, so yes we have an issue with a lack of talent.

I am not making an excuse for us scoring 20 points after having two weeks to prepare. That is inexcusable and the coaching staff needs to take some responsibility for that, but at 9-6 I don't feel that this group is underachieving

I guess what is most disappointing is that Majerus and the coaching staff had plenty of time to prepare for this game. They had a blueprint of what to expect from GW with the film from last years A10 tourney game and still this happens. I am also disappointed that the 3 players at the end of the bench only got in within the last 4 minutes. This is just a frustrating team and a frustrating coaching job at this point in the season.

SLU still has a winning record so for everyone who has been saying we have no talent, that is not the case. We may not have as much talent as our coaching staff would like, but these kids have won some games. This is not the 9-22 team of a few years back. This is a team that this coaching staff has not found the right buttons for yet, if it ever will.

How this team and coaching staff responds in the next couple of games could be defining as to what happens in the short term for this program(this year & next season). Also listening to the 1380 morning show, I thought it was interesting that all 3 morning personalities on their poll this morning thought Majerus would most likely be gone within the next 2 years. This is kind of what I mean about how the team and coaching staff respond to this game is very important for this program's future.

These threads are alot of fairly interesting rehash, but the bottom line is this: The Sagarin rated 205 team (GW) just put one of the worst beatings in the history of modern college basketball on our team. The failure is program-wide and deep and it BEGINS AND ENDS with Majerus. Don't blame BS- he got his share of ridicule when he was here.

I'll be booing lustily in Section 112 tomorrow, row C.

These threads are alot of fairly interesting rehash, but the bottom line is this: The Sagarin rated 205 team (GW) just put one of the worst beatings in the history of modern college basketball on our team. The failure is program-wide and deep and it BEGINS AND ENDS with Majerus. Don't blame BS- he got his share of ridicule when he was here.

How, in your mind, does Brad not share some responsibility for this year's team??????

Who will you being booing lustily and why?

Way to show your spirit and support.......so you're going to compound the situation instead of maybe helping it. Nice...... <_<

I am as disappointed and depressed as I have ever been about a Billiken team but I would NEVER BOO the team. That is ridiculous. These are just kids trying to do their best!

Majerus rightly deserves some blame for last nights game, but he doesn't deserve the blame for this teams overall lack of talent.

Anytime you get more than doubled up by a bad team that scores only 49 points the coach deserves a lot of the blame. The guys outside of the main 8 man rotation only get 12 minutes total. I don't care how untalented they are, they couldn't have been any worse than the guys getting the minutes. Harris-Stowe would have looked better than we did last night.

Majerus rightly deserves some blame for last nights game, but he doesn't deserve the blame for this teams overall lack of talent.

Anytime you get more than doubled up by a bad team that scores only 49 points the coach deserves a lot of the blame. The guys outside of the main 8 man rotation only get 12 minutes total. I don't care how untalented they are, they couldn't have been any worse than the guys getting the minutes. Harris-Stowe would have looked better than we did last night.

Longwood scored 54 at GW.....http://www.kenpom.com/sked.php?team=George%20Washington

BEGINS AND ENDS with Majerus? Are you kidding. Last year when we couldn't score it was Brad's fault. this year it's RM's fault. Let's face it these guys being horrible offensively isn't new. Does RM deserve some blame ... of course. But what the f...k we shot what 17% for the game. What should a coach do? I didn't figure it out but someone in another thread posted if we shot 45% we win. I figured it up in one of our other bad losses, (Kent St I think) where if we shot 44% for the game we win.

Lack of talent isn't an excuse for this loss either. The guys shoot 50% for a few games then bam they shoot 29% or 17% .... why, I wish I knew, but I doubt RM is coaching them to do it. The same offense had been getting them good looks and they had been hitting in their previous few games. We missed 23 shots in a row, what does that have to do with coaching at this point in a players career.

The major coaching mistake was not sneaking out the back door at half time and claiming they had been kidnapped at gunpoint by GW family members.

BEGINS AND ENDS with Majerus? Are you kidding. Last year when we couldn't score it was Brad's fault. this year it's RM's fault. Let's face it these guys being horrible offensively isn't new. Does RM deserve some blame ... of course. But what the f...k we shot what 17% for the game. What should a coach do? I didn't figure it out but someone in another thread posted if we shot 45% we win. I figured it up in one of our other bad losses, (Kent St I think) where if we shot 44% for the game we win.

Lack of talent isn't an excuse for this loss either. The guys shoot 50% for a few games then bam they shoot 29% or 17% .... why, I wish I knew, but I doubt RM is coaching them to do it. The same offense had been getting them good looks and they had been hitting in their previous few games. We missed 23 shots in a row, what does that have to do with coaching at this point in a players career.

The major coaching mistake was not sneaking out the back door at half time and claiming they had been kidnapped at gunpoint by GW family members.

Skip, at some point when the team has missed say 17 jump shots in a row, shouldn't the coaches employ either different players or a different strategy?

With respect to the talent level, that SLU team on the floor last night had very little talent outside of 3-4 players. When those 3-4 shoot well, we have a chance to win. When they don't...it's over.

I realize your not a big fan of facts but SLU was 1-2 in 1 point games last year. Lucky bounce on one shot or not they deserved to win at least one of those games. That isn't luck.

No, it wasn't luck, it was illegal. Nonetheless, it counted and you get to talk about it.

SLU was not very good last year, and are worse this year due to a lack of big men. Get Thompson and Reed in next year, along with a little bit more depth, and the team will look completely different IMO.

Skip, at some point when the team has missed say 17 jump shots in a row, shouldn't the coaches employ either different players or a different strategy?

With respect to the talent level, that SLU team on the floor last night had very little talent outside of 3-4 players. When those 3-4 shoot well, we have a chance to win. When they don't...it's over.

what would it have changed?