anyone listening to frank and rammer today

billiken_roy

roy, you are loving this, and you are spinning it in your favor. please tell me the last time you saw tom holley at a bills game or even on tv or radio talking bills. the guy hasn't been a big bills rah rah guy since the 1980s.

i'm still waiting to hear why you walked out on the billikens in the middle of a game in the midst of hard times.

"Holley clearly is not a player at SLU athletics or he would have been better informed."

Cheeseman, RM is failing in his message if only people in the know are aware of his substantial communications with players/press and post game assessments. He is a quote machine, and it would not be hard to get the press to lengthen their quotes to include both positive AND negative comments. When only the negative comments make the media, even if correct, then many people start viewing him as an uncaring, abrupt arse.

Holley was a player for a number of years for SLU, and in a similar vein, Chris Condon and Karen Foss were major players for KSDK-TV. If Karen said she had concerns about the current Channel 5 management team, it would still carry some water in my book.

When RM himself generates four or five quoted game assessments with a negative slant, most folks who aren't donating $10K a year will start wondering WTF is going on at West Pine.

An alternate take to the negativity is those who are not criticizing the program are happy because all will be well in two or three years.

I doubt that Chris Condon or Karen Foss have any inside info about Channel 5 anymore - what they get are tidbits from old friends/contacts who are still at the station or in the business. While they might hear something now and then they are hardly "insiders". The same goes for Tom Holley and SLU - he may still have lunch with Earl and Earl may very well have tipped him off to something with some little tidbit but that does not make him an "insider". Heck, Frank C was telling us it was a done deal for more than a week before it happened with RM - so somebody telling you that they heard it was a done deal 3 days before it actually happened means nothing.

Dave, I do agree that how media reports things can skew the situation and perhaps RM could be more aware of that - the problem is that he may simply clam up and then we will hear even less. Fine line to walk.

What I remember about Granpa's is stepping over the empty oil cans littering the parking lot.

Checked up w/ my buddy who knows all about Grandpa's lore - he says his favorite part was that they had the handguns and the nintendo games in the same glass case in the back, because they were too cheap to buy separate cases. So there'd be fat, camo-clad, beer-swilling idiots back there thumbing their omphali right next to 8-year-olds with chocolate all over their faces, both of them just wishing they had enough money to buy something from the case.

And yeah, he said dudes would pull up onto a slight incline in the parking lot and change their oil, then just drive off letting the old oil trickle downhill.

Holley was a player for a number of years for SLU, and in a similar vein, Chris Condon and Karen Foss were major players for KSDK-TV. If Karen said she had concerns about the current Channel 5 management team, it would still carry some water in my book.

It shouldn't. Karen used her reputation as a journalist to make a piece of pure propaganda for AmerenUE in regard to the Taum Sauk disaster. Her ability to comment reliably about anything going on at Channel 5 should be basically nil. (See also: Jill Farmer doing ads for a siding company and quoting her reputation as a "consumer advocate.")

I have no idea what Tom Holley's current status vis-a-vis our program. That sheer lack of visibility would make me question his current clout.

Checked up w/ my buddy who knows all about Grandpa's lore - he says his favorite part was that they had the handguns and the nintendo games in the same glass case in the back, because they were too cheap to buy separate cases. So there'd be fat, camo-clad, beer-swilling idiots back there thumbing their omphali right next to 8-year-olds with chocolate all over their faces, both of them just wishing they had enough money to buy something from the case.

And yeah, he said dudes would pull up onto a slight incline in the parking lot and change their oil, then just drive off letting the old oil trickle downhill.

Makes sense to me. Two Words: Duck Hunt.

The Grandpas at 367 and Chambers was (barely) in my old stomping grounds. I did indeed see an occasional oil draining goofball in the parking lot. That took some real cheek. I bought my first ghetto blaster there at the age of 10. Damn I was cool, if only in my own head........

The Grandpas at 367 and Chambers was (barely) in my old stomping grounds. I did indeed see an occasional oil draining goofball in the parking lot. That took some real cheek. I bought my first ghetto blaster there at the age of 10. Damn I was cool, if only in my own head........

ghetto blasters, hell yeah... i want the exact one from clerks 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAqGnj2GBpA

It shouldn't. Karen used her reputation as a journalist to make a piece of pure propaganda for AmerenUE in regard to the Taum Sauk disaster. Her ability to comment reliably about anything going on at Channel 5 should be basically nil. (See also: Jill Farmer doing ads for a siding company and quoting her reputation as a "consumer advocate.")

I have no idea what Tom Holley's current status vis-a-vis our program. That sheer lack of visibility would make me question his current clout.

Speaking of Jill Farmer she pops up in this fake news report. My favorite part is about 50 seconds in when Dan McLaughlin morphs into DC reporter Dan Walthers. The AutoTire owner and a couple other people I recognize from local TV pop up in this too.

http://www.lendamerica.com/tv-commercials/...-Watch-2007/i/3

Speaking of Jill Farmer she pops up in this fake news report. My favorite part is about 50 seconds in when Dan McLaughlin morphs into DC reporter Dan Walthers. The AutoTire owner and a couple other people I recognize from local TV pop up in this too.

http://www.lendamerica.com/tv-commercials/...-Watch-2007/i/3

Perhaps some day I'll be forced to rent my integrity to pay the bills (although I don't think Foss really needs money anymore.) I'd have no qualms with being coach Rick's personal PR valet, though -- and that certainly wouldn't impede my ability to review restaurants. (Actually, I bet it would help, 'cause I'd probably eat out more often in the course of my official duties. ;) )

Jill Farmer, Laurie Waters, and Leisa Zigman are all easy on the eyes and quite personable. As far as Karen Foss selling out - hey, some people are all about the ego trip and money. One friend has noted on a couple occasions that had Karen been present when the dam started to leak, they could have used her to plug the hole. Ouch!

If I want the inside skinny at Channel Five, Chris has passed(I believe,) but his daughter is the producer for the 5 and 10 pm news broadcasts.

The long and short of it is you always want to put out factual information with a positive face. Even with his HOF lineage, RM still needs to sell the program as part of his package deal as HC. Selling the program is especially important when conversing with the media.

i was surprised by the negative tone of all star billiken booster, tom holley, towards coach majerus.

I sit 5-6 seats next to the 8-10 Tom Holley seats that he distributes to friends, relatives, em ployees, etc. In all the years that we have been at Savis, I have only seen him 3-4 times, and I rarely miss a game. He did attend one game earlier this year. I suspect that he follows the team in the comfort of his home easy chair!