Cleveland Rocks!

law said, "My wife just got one that she designed herself which has deep meaning to her representing her faith and heritage, but she plans on stopping with one"

like i said above, that makes sense. but to use your body like a grocery store bulletin board, that is horrible. and even if you have one that has a deep or special meaning it gets lost with all the other stuff.

question to you tatoo buffs out there, i know hughes has the tears tatooed below his eyes to remind himself of justin.

someone told me that in the gang world, that means you killed someone. is that true? if so, wouldnt hughes' tatoo artist have known that and let larry know that?

I believe it depends on the kind of tear drop. I think one kind means you killed someone, another kind means you had someone close to you murdered, and another kind means you just lost somebody close. I am not sure on all the specifics.

i thought we were talking teardrops not snowflakes. i didnt realize there were multiple styles of tears.

It is obviously a matter of opinion and taste, but I don't understand the tat thing either (and I am a generation younger than Roy ;) ). I was raised in the mindset that it is unprofessional unless you are a sailor, in prison, or in the bike business. Somewhere between when I graduated college and today the attitude has obviously changed. The basketball players I went to school with (Claggett, Highmark, Harris, Cambell, Robinson, Cobbin, etc.) certainly weren't tatted up.

>It is obviously a matter of opinion and taste, but I don't

>understand the tat thing either (and I am a generation

>younger than Roy ;) ). I was raised in the mindset that it

>is unprofessional unless you are a sailor, in prison, or in

>the bike business. Somewhere between when I graduated

>college and today the attitude has obviously changed. The

>basketball players I went to school with (Claggett,

>Highmark, Harris, Cambell, Robinson, Cobbin, etc.) certainly

>weren't tatted up.

times have changed. I read in the most recent SI that TLR got a tattoo last season, at age 62! Like anything else, moderation is the key. I cringe when I see college kids (not just athletes either) getting sleve tats, and (the worst, IMO) the neck tattoo. Yeah, that's going to look great when you go on the job interview! Nothing below the mid-upper arm for me.

law said, "that's going to look great when you go on the job interview!"

what scares me is what it will look like at the pool when they are 70.