Let me be the first to say it "Screw playing Mizzou"

Screw that. I want to play them and I want to beat them.

If we become a major program under Majerus, they might begin to sing a different tune. Either way, it's an entertaining game and will draw great regional and even national attention. Think how great it'll be for the program when we beat them.

Doesn't matter, they're still the biggest program in the state, and the two big programs should play each other. State legislation forces some teams to play each other; I don't think we need to go that far, but still. Marquette-Wisconsin, Louisville-UK, Cincinnati-XU (not biggest in state, but city), Montana-Montana State - all of these happen every year, and they sellout every game no matter what arena its in or what condition the programs are in. Winning ebbs and flows, but rivalries are stronger. Not that SLU-MU has a huge rivalry, but it's one that should already exist if not for jerks like Norm and Quin.

Hiring Mike Anderson.

I know many on here don't like Mizzou but they aren't going to fall off the map. Anderson is a good coach that inherited the train wreck Snyder left behind.

Last year he improved MU from 12-16 and 11th in the Big 12 to 18-12 and 6th in the Big 12. Mizzou should be even better this year. It will be the teams second year in Mike Andersons system, they return almost all of their players including all of their key players, and they add DeMarre Carroll and another freshman. Carroll transfered in from Vanderbilt and had to sit out last year. Safford their only recruit will add some more depth up front. He may not have cracked any top 150 lists but he was good enough to get offers from Missouri, Oklahoma, Providence, Virginia Tech, and Xavier. I expect Mizzou to be a tournament team this year.

i am convinced it wont happen until they have a roster capable of beating slu. that isnt the case now imo.

As much as Mizzou "improved" (crappy ooc scheldule) last year they still posted a lower RPI than SLU. I think Anderson can coach but he hasn't prove jack yet when it comes to building a program that can compete with the big boys. I saw nothing from the Tigers to lead me to believe they are a tournament team this year. Anderson's nephew better be all he is built up to be or it could be another long season for the boys from Boone County. They may want to schedule Benedictine Kansas if they don't want to go 0-4 against that state again.

What does SLU have to gain from it right now? Seriously? We have all the momentum in the area. We are the ones having to tell a kid that MU wants that we can't take his verbal right now. Playing them would only help MU right now. Screw them, they never wanted to help us. Let them enjoy being the new TAMU of Big 12 basketball. We already play MSU and they are light years ahead of MU. Lets tey to schedule a real team like KU instead.

brian, slu would have an extremely healthy paycheck from such a series. imo it would sell out and be as popular as the annual braggin rights game with the illini.

mi$$ouri should want to play this game for this reason alone. but my guess is they know they cant beat us.

while i understand the need of the rpi for tourney excuses by the ncaa selection committee, after seeing that slu was the equal of the 3rd team in the mvc and seeing that slu was at best the 7th or 8th team in the a-10 this past season, the rpi means very little other than a game to use to pick the ncaa tourney imo. it really has nothing to do with deciding what team can actually beat another if they really played.

if mi$$ouri had a higher rpi than slu, that would be based soley on being in the big 12 and getting the opportunity to play the likes of much better teams like ku, k-state, texas, texas a&m, texas tech and osu. i.e. letting the rpi fraud system work. it had nothing to do with mi$$ouri being actually better. especially with the pathetic ooc schedule that they played.

they do get to hang a black and gold cat tail from their trunk on the way to and from games. they got that going for them.

brian, no one detests the tiger fans more than me, but come on, there is no team that would sell more tickets faster than the tigers.

i totally understand your viewpoint in this thread and i agree from the standpoint of "f em" i agree with your thinking. but from a financial bonanza, i dont.

it took to game time to sell out unc. i would bet you announce such a game with mi$$ouri now, it would be sold out before the first day of practice.

I don't care about the paycheck. It's about the game...the rivalry.

MU can say they don't care. We can say we don't care. But the fact is that there are threads about both teams on both boards. Both seem to have ill feelings. I'd say it runs deeper than anything we have going on with SIU, or even Xavier.

We need a rivalry, guys. This...as much as neither party wishes to admit it...is a solid rivalry. We are like 90 miles apart. We go after the same recruits. This game should be played. Both parties stand to benefit.

>Folks it is becoming clear to me in the next few years they

>will need this game for more than us. They never had the

>time for us and we don't need to have the time for them.

Hitting the booze early today? Good for you. Enjoy your weekend.

Before you go acting like your program is more relevant than our program. It may have been 5 years ago, but it isn't any more. I must have missed all the articles on MU in the national press recently.

What has CMA done so far to make you think he is all that? Downgrading the OOC schedule doesn't count.