Bernie insisting Majerus wants out of A-10

Bernie seems to be one of RM fans so far. This is from his coluumn today>

New St. Louis U. basketball coach Rick Majerus has been busy meeting recruits and assisting SLU's president, the Rev. Lawrence Biondi, with fund-raising efforts. ... As Majerus headed into Lo Russo's for dinner one evening this week, he bumped into Dan Miller, who was leaving the restaurant. Miller played for the SLU team that won the 1948 NIT championship and scored four points in the title game. Majerus was thrilled to meet Miller. He posed for a photo with Miller and planned to give a copy to Easy Ed Macauley. Majerus already is connecting with the Billikens faithful.

Even if RM wanted out of the A10 for MVC it would make no sense for him to say so publically to anyone because the A10 would get pissed and then not give him the time of day. If you were him you would want sway in the A10 and that means making nice. The other issue would be why even name a conf. like the MVC as your choice? - it locks you in and what if they don't accept you. Sorry, this whole rumor makes no sense to me at all. Surely RM is not that poor of a stragetist.

I'm sure he NEVER expressed an interest in joining a regional mid-major like the Valley.

It's just Bernie being Bernie-he can't stand not acting like he knows everything and everybody. (sounds like one of my favorite posters on this Board)

The A-10 doesn't make sense, BUT neither does the Missouri Valley.

What I would like to see is SLU join with other Catholic schools and form a new conference.

Xavier, Dayton, DePaul, Marquette, Saint Louis, Notre Dame (excluding football), Providence, Georgetown, St. John's, Villanova, Seton Hall, St. Joseph's

East Region:

Georgetown

Seton Hall

Villanova

St. John's

Providence

St. Joseph's

West Region:

Xavier

Dayton

DePaul

Saint Louis

Notre Dame

Marquette

With the exception of Notre Dame, none of the schools above play football at the D1 level, so it would not be a problem in that regard.

>The A-10 doesn't make sense, BUT neither does the Missouri

>Valley.

>

>What I would like to see is SLU join with other Catholic

>schools and form a new conference.

>

>Xavier, Dayton, DePaul, Marquette, Saint Louis, Notre Dame

>(excluding football), Providence, Georgetown, St. John's,

>Villanova, Seton Hall, St. Joseph's

>

>East Region:

>

>Georgetown

>Seton Hall

>Villanova

>St. John's

>Providence

>St. Joseph's

>

>West Region:

>

>Xavier

>Dayton

>DePaul

>Saint Louis

>Notre Dame

>Marquette

>

>With the exception of Notre Dame, none of the schools above

>play football at the D1 level, so it would not be a problem

>in that regard.

like clockwork - another week, another "super Catholic conference" thread. It ain't gonna happen, I don't care if I'm being snooty in saying that.