Eberhardt signs with SLU

Did Grisenkas pass on SLU or did Majerus push for Eberhardt so Grisenkas committed elsewhere? We may never know. I would venture that Majerus chose Eberhardt over Grisenkas based on size/limited scouting via tapes. At least that is what I hope.

Available players at the 4: Meyer, Eberhardt, Knollemeyer and Relephordge

At the 5: Knollemeyer and Husak

We know he already offered another PG so I'd look for him to pull a PG out of a hat from somewhere.

The Euro recruit doesn't seem to be a reality but maybe they are working up the Visa paperwork right now. The kid would need a F-1 Visa to get here and that requires some legal red tape. Unless there is some African dude from Darfur who can ball and needs to escape persecution and can get politacal asylum at West Pine.

i would guess the same. griskenas signed with Wichita state, which also signed 2 other highly rated juco forwards - more highly rated than him. not too sure why he would have picked wichita state over slu with 2 other guys his own age competing for the same spot. my guess is rm chose eberhardt, has another lined up and plans to hold the last scholarshp.

griskenas's only other offer that i know of was idaho state.

unfortunately we are in a tough position. these juco players - evven the all americans - are highly recruiting because teams need to fill roster spots. there should not be any expectation that they will be program savers.

If it came down to Eberhardt or Griskenas, I'm glad we got Eberghardt. Griskenas was never a presence down low then he recently got injured making him more into a jump shooting forward. We needed an inside / outside 4. Eberhardt fits that description.

I'll be damned... I liked him the best of the recruits because of his apparent bulk and power... we will wait and see, hope he comes thru.

Over/under wins next year now: 20!

Grieskenas signing with wichita state was a package deal. marshall hired as assistant coach, from liberty's old staff, who was once an assistant at TRCC. they knew each other from Marshall being at winthrop and baccone (sp?) being at liberty.

that's the deal.

bad boyz for life

MR is not really a PF but more a SF or #2. I would not look for him to play much if any at PF but that is just my impression from what I have read about him. I guess since we have not heard anything more on him that RM must have talked him into coming.

Relphorde has been listed on here at 6'7 210. If thats his true size he plays a LOT of PF. A LOT!!! And some 3 too. Now the Bills can finally put Tommie in the backcourt. Either Tommie or Kevin is the starting pg next season. I cant see DP starting next year, and I'm a DP fan.

He's 6'7 and can jump. He'll play some 4. I dont even know why you would argue. If he plays like a 1,2,3 thats even better, he should be able to take opposing 4's off the dribble for jams or get assists. He should also be able face them up and drill jumpers. Thats great. He can lightning and BE can be thunder. Nice combo at the pf, plus Luke will fill in there too sometimes. Things are looking up. TL and KL in the backcourt with DP and DB backing up. DM as the backup SF.

On College Basketball 2k7 Danny Brown is really good at 3-pointers. I wish he was really good at 3-pointers for real. He also dribbles really well on the video game. Sigh...

Maybe Rick will use the Fumblerooski® drill from The Program to get Danny's mind right for his senior year. I'd love to see the basketball team diving all over campus trying to GET DANNY'S BALL!!!

Excited about the lighting/thunder possibility.

I F#%@ing love dunks too. But I think the best evaluation of a guy's talent is making him do the shuttle run in heels while carrying a topped off G®atorade jug of spoiled milk. I heard that this is how Jeff Coffey made the team. I guess he just NAILED IT.

Vee - you are correct, I know what I was doing but what was I thinking to actually say something that disagreed with you. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for setting me straight and I will make sure I don't ever think about doing that again. By the way, MR is not a PF, I don't care how big he is.

Neither was Shawn Marion who is approximately the same size. Playing there however gives them a quickness advantage on nearly every opponent. They can get the opposing pf in foul trouble by playing like a guard, drawing them out away from the basket. Marcus Williams at Arizona wasnt a pf either, but he played it because it gives him a clear speed advantage and has him matched up against a player that cant guard a wing. Same thing with Julian Wright at Kansas, Luol Deng played pf at Duke, Mike Dunleavy played pf at Duke, Rayshawn Terry played pf at Duke. There are lots of wings Relphorde size playing pf at all levels of college basketball. Bigger, slower 4's cant guard them and end up reaching and hacking on defense because they are tired or getting beat. Chris Sloan came to SLU as a wing too.