Porter Moser

VTIME

He landed the #1 and #4 impact freshman in the Valley according to scout.com (preseason). If I'm correct he was also the only other coach outside Brad that offered Anthony Mitchell a scholarship. That's good for Anthony, that he might have a friend in the assistant coach. Moser is probably also pretty familiar with Relphorde from recruiting the Illinois area. He also signed 2 of the 3 JUCO All-Americans in school history last year. He will definitely be an asset in recruiting.

I think he is a good pick up if he is a future Assistant Coach at SLU. He beat SLU w/ UALR back in 2001.

Here is his bio:

http://goredbirds.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl...r_porter00.html

Creighton grad, stints as assistant at CU, TX A&M, head coach at UALR and ILLST

He isn't the Head Coach at ISU, Tim Jankovich is. Moser seemed to be making some strides recruiting but had bad results on the court. He got the boot. My prediction is that Moser was getting the horses he needed but now Jankovich will benefit from it and win.

He's not the head coach anymore. He got fired once the season ended at Ill. St.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

No the same thing can't be said about Brad. That was the problem he had bad recruting results the last few years. He did OK on the court but the outlook was not moving in a positive direction just stagnating.

He had a couple small horses coming in. Dont really know if he had any big 6'8 horses coming in. Majerus should use Mitchell and Relphorde well if they chooses to stay. And yes, Porter was just starting to recruit really well. He had a great 2006 class, but the results didnt bode well on the court.

i dont know how folks expect anyone to consistently recruit to bloomington illinois in the mvc. not the easiest mission.

I thought you wanted the big lug banger. I wanted the run and jump thoroughbreds. What do you want? I liked Brad's first 2 signings a lot. They are from the region. They are athletic, a significant upgrade. The Bills were just so unathletic outside of Tommie. And the athletes they did have, like Danny Brown didnt use their gifts.

Rick obviously has a lot of friends in basketball.

Moser's connection to Rick is he assisted for Ric Cobb for a year, one of Rick's best friends in life, and also with Sidney Moncrief, a Milwaukee Bucks legend and friend of Rick. Whether it is NBA or college level, Rick knows a lot of people. He gave Boston Celtic coach Doc Rivers his nickanme "Doc" because he always wore a Dr. J t-shirt to his camp as a kid. Don Nelson, Del Harris on and on in the NBA.....and also the college level.

Donny Daniels, his 10 year assistant at Utah is the top assistant at UCLA...not a coincidence that Rick is friends with Ben Howland.

Rick taught Jeff Strohm when Strohm was a video coordinator level coach and Strohm worked his way up on Rick's staff at Utah, and under Crean at Marquette(another in the long line of friends of Rick)....Strohm is top assistant at Western Kentucky under Darrin Horn whom he worked with at Marquette....

Rick will go with people he knows and trusts and with suggestions from his friends.

>btw -- can anyone explain why Moser would leave a

>head-coaching job in the MVC for an assistant position in

>the A10?

>

>please spare me the argument that they might groom him as

>head coach when RM leaves. that sounds very dubious to me.

He got his ##### fired.

That should be readily understandable.

we need a big that can deliver rebounds 15 a game-2 we need

a point guard to go with TL and KL who I think are really wing and

SG if we have to give these very versatile players a position