This Board

This board is out of control. It is absolutely stupid to assume that because the best coach ever Brad Soderberg didn't get a committ early that SIU cheated.

Honestly, what happened to the saying, "Excellence has no excuse"? All I hear from the Brad supporters on this board is how Brad would be great BUT...............

Roy- I dunno what happened to you today, but you are pissed off at the world. You are attacking one of the only credible sources on this board and ripping on him because he questioned the talent of SLU's players.

Also, Roy, please get off your high horse about how there are 336 Division one teams. I don't give a ######, as I am only watching one. I only care about SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY BASKETBALL. I couldn't care less that Savannah State blows, all I care about is the quality of basketball that is being played in my backyard. So seriously, cut the crap and realize that SLU only has 6 D-1 players who are capable of producing at SAINT LOUIS UNVERISTY!

future, you qualified your statement. i dont agree with it. but i understand and wouldnt question your opinion on what you said because of the way you ended it (SLU only has 6 D-1 players who are capable of producing at SAINT LOUIS UNVERISTY!)

nate said that slu only has 6 division one players period.

and that is wrong by fact. period.

and then when it was shown that he himself greatly praised one of the players the year before, he refused to even comment.

second, yes, i get pissed off when someone who is as respected and usually honorable like nate comes in and accuses me of making a statement i didnt make. he might have wrongly insinuated and read between the lines, but if he had bothered to read all the posts today and yesterday he would have known that the whole roundtree verbal thing makes no sense. and then when i do more homework his verbal makes even less sense. so i question the word more? that isnt saying lowery cheated, that is a legitimate question how can it be more at this stage of the process? no one has yet to even theorize how it was more? especially in light of the apparent fact that rivals.com, one of the most quoted recruiting sources, says slu also offered roundtree. so what does more mean?

I can't believe how out of control this board is over one recruit. And I'm guessing about 75% of the board didn't know who Roundtree was before yesterday - yet this was a huge miss and the end of the world for SLU basketball. Amazing stuff. I'm not oblivious either. I know Brad needs to get the recruits the next two seasons, but I'm just a little shocked over the reaction of this one.

That is kind of the frustration that I am feeling at this point as well. I just don't understand how people can consistently come up with excuses for why Saint Louis University does not have a quality basketball team. I see no reason for SLU not having a quality program. Why are we not on the level of a Xavier or a Marquette? We have one of the better centers in the history of our program and two of the best guards this area has ever produced. We have three all-conference caliber players and guys who are amongst the best in the history of the program and we are looking at the NIT if we are lucky? I just don't understand it and I am starting to think we could really use a change at top. There is no excuse for the current state of the program. We have not brought anyone in to compliment Liddell and Lisch and it is pathetic. Where is the power forward we have been looking for ever since Brad took the job? We have no committments and it is February, how can you make excuses for that? Is the coaching staff under the belief that Kevin and Tommie are their lottery ticket and job security and now they don't have to do anything. And then to hear how the director of basketball operations had a meeting with Cheryl Levick based on things someone was posting on this board under his name, I mean come on. This is such a Busch league program and I am tired of it. St. Louis deserves better.

jp18,

I think I can speak for most on this Board in saying that it is just disheartening to see recruits of Roundtree's caliber (or close to it) go somewhere else. And to a local school for that matter. Especially right now with the players in SLU's program and the potential to compliment them and take SLU to the NCAAs. That is all. I think we are showing our passion for the program, that's it. I also think you will be shocked to see that a good percentage of this Board did know who Roundtree was before yesterday.

You are one big dipshit

You cry cry cry

What do you expect from a no basketball school???

Unreal

Who wants to go to St.Louie u.

You got your 2 best players handed too you, and your coach still couldnt recruit to make a team to surround them.

Handed to him,and btw the two best are from Illinois,can you not get any good players from your big city.

Cry me a river,give it up

You make a ass of yourself...you are a sore loser who calls other programs names and cheaters(LMAO) because they have GOOD players and have a keen eye for talent

plus you and your kool aid others are going to have a heart attack

when everyone else knew you didnt have that good a team while you billitons were pumping your team up and your GREAT COACH

QUICK NAME ONE COACH IF YOU HAD TO WIN ONE GAME

believe or not folks these kool aid drinkers and their channel 5 (is my wig straight)kiss ass were saying Sodenberg just a month and a half ago

ONE BIG GAME TO WIN ...THE ST LOUIS U COACH???????????

Waa Waa

Roundtree right now is a good player not great player who is only a junior,maybe will get better,maybe not

Nothing against him but dont know...jmo and others

your coach didnt even offer(this was in the paper) who was and is a great high school player..O rear....which all but the st louies coach could see would of been a great fit for your little program.

Stong as a mule and plays hard with a basketball mind and can shoot and dunk on you..

Then you wait and wait and wait on Powell. V was the only one who wanted...the billitons fans on this board kept whining and whining about him not this not that not this not that

Orear and Powell at forwards..........damn ....not to shabby

If you dont believe me ask someone like earl austin..Ask him if he would take those two as bookends for 4 years....would bet he would say the same

You could have had both probably

Face it,,,learn how to look at basketball talent

the way these st louie uie fans are all shook over roundtree NOW(sure most havent even seen him play)let alone his name before this tells most that they know nothing about basketball and talent

ALL THEY DO IS CRY

WAA WAA WAA

And then to hear how the director of basketball operations had a meeting with Cheryl Levick based on things someone was posting on this board under his name, I mean come on. This is such a Busch league program and I am tired of it. St. Louis deserves better.

I didn't know about this. However, I will state that SLU has not discussed the board with me in years, but if they want to, I welcome the conversation.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

"Busch league?" Even now, AB is preparing a lawsuit against you for defamation. The time honored term is "bush league." If you apologize in a hurry on this board...and rent a billboard on hiway 40 for a year, they will leave you alone. :+

>I can't believe how out of control this board is over one

>recruit. And I'm guessing about 75% of the board didn't know

>who Roundtree was before yesterday - yet this was a huge

>miss and the end of the world for SLU basketball. Amazing

>stuff. I'm not oblivious either. I know Brad needs to get

>the recruits the next two seasons, but I'm just a little

>shocked over the reaction of this one.

As much as I mention guys I'm positive more than 25% of the board knew about him. They've known about it since he got invited to the Nike Jamboree after his freshman season. He only played 8 games that year, so that tells you how impressive he was in such a short span.

Brad and the prior head coaches certainly should accept some of the blame. Had the program been in good shape before Brad, I would be leading the charge to get rid of him. As you know, however, SLU has been an underachieving program for years. Compare our facilities, TV package, radio package and tradition with XU and MU and you will find we simply are not on the same level. It all starts at the top. 20 years of Biondi and nearly 10 years of Woolard will do this to a program.

BTW, the good folks at AB would be offended with your spelling - it's bush league.