Roy, your spin re: Roundtree

Nate Latsch

>if he meant to say they arent top 50 roster quality players, fine. >i wont argue that. but dont say they arent division one players. >that is a lie. a lie that shouldnt come from a sports reporter.

And peculiar coming from a reporter who made this comment about a player who barely gets off the bench:

http://www.billikens.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/d...orum=DCForumID3

He looked good in the all-star game. He had 13 points, including three dunks, and had three three-point plays (including two dunks). He's got good size and showed good hands, good basketball IQ and the ability to score inside against bigger players.

Knollmeyer would definitely be a nice pick-up for the Billikens. I don't know if he's the answer at the power forward spot for next season, but he could definitely come in and contribute right away.

- Nate

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

way to go nate, now you have the naysayers saying that folks are accusing siu of cheating.

for the record, reporter nate latsch said that no one else did. he made that one up and accused me of saying that.

drew. the scenario is that the 3 star player apparently was offered a scholarship by both schools.

both schools cannot directly contact the player

neither school can have the player over for an official visit.

both schools have recruit day limits to account to.

yet this player says he was recruited more by siu. the question no one asked the kid is what siu did that slu did not?

there is no limit on letters. so maybe siu sent 179 letters compared to slu's 157 letters. i know i'd make my college choice 10 months early on that.

You should have said, 2 top 50 level D1 players, two 50-100 level D1 players, and 3 players that fall some where between 150-250. I didn't do the math, but will bet if you weighted it per the above, you'd come out with our current rpi. This Roundtree deal is smelling a whole lot like the Matt Shaw/ Grames recruitment. Some one will report on here one day, probably after Roundtree becomes All MVC and leads SIU to it's 9th straight dance, that Roundtree thought UB wanted Suggs, who will go to Illinois or Mizzou, more and that's why he early committed to SIU. Wonder why Femi John waiting to commit to SLU?

and also one more time, considering the ncaa documented limits at this stage in roundtree's life that both schools are under, and the fact that the ultimate show of want a scholarship offer was indeed extended to both per rivals.com, how did

"Lowery made Roundtree feel wanted at SIU. Soderberg did not."

10 months early with no initiated direct contact by either coach and no official visits.

the fact you dont care about this and want to just go with,

"Lowery made Roundtree feel wanted at SIU. Soderberg did not."

doesnt say much for your reporting skills.

>Knollmeyer would definitely be a nice pick-up for the

>Billikens. I don't know if he's the answer at the power

>forward spot for next season, but he could definitely come

>in and contribute right away.

>

>- Nate

I still like Knollmeyer.

I think he'll be fine.

He was aggressive in that all-star game and attacked the basket.

He may start for the Billikens next year.

- Nate

torch said,

"Throw out all the NCAA rules. Unless I go to North this afternoon and see Roundtree driving off in an Escalade there were no violations."

torch, that was a lie that nate made up. i never said anything of the sort in fact complimented siu for always running a clean program and was only questioning that considering the facts of ncaa contact rules and the fact that apparently slu also offered, for roundtree to verbally commit 10 months early made no sense.

nate made the next leap. not me. a reporter from the post dispatch made the accusation not me.

>3star i guess that make him one of the 6.

I don't follow Penn State basketball anymore.

I lost hope for the Nittany Lions long ago, when they picked DeChellis as the new coach.

I do think the basketball program there could be good, under the right coach, because of the facilities, the money the school generates from its more well-known team and because the state usually produces some strong players year in and year out.

The Nits were recruiting/are recruiting one player from the St. Louis area. I don't think they have any hope to get that player, nor would I recommend that player attend my old school.

- Nate

Roy,

LOVE the name calling. Sure sign of a mature older man. Keep it up. Your credibility and respect are at an all time high right now. You have loved and appreciated EVERYTHING Nate has always said, now all of a sudden he calls out your boyfriend, and you hate the guy.

Congrats!

You get insulted from a DAMN message board? GET A LIFE. Don't we all use this message board to argue with each other, get inside info on the program, and all hope SLU basketball program succeeds?

And why in the world do you want our personal information? That is messed up.

i dont want it. but too many people post things that i cant believe they would post if we knew who they really were. i think people tend to think about what they say if they know it will personally be attached to them forever. thus the reason for not being anonomous.

be a man. if you mean it i have no problem with your saying it. but be willing to stand up for it. thus the reason i think you should not be able to block your profile.

>torch said,

>

>"Throw out all the NCAA rules. Unless I go to North this

>afternoon and see Roundtree driving off in an Escalade there

>were no violations."

>

>torch, that was a lie that nate made up. i never said

>anything of the sort in fact complimented siu for always

>running a clean program and was only questioning that

>considering the facts of ncaa contact rules and the fact

>that apparently slu also offered, for roundtree to verbally

>commit 10 months early made no sense.

>

>nate made the next leap. not me. a reporter from the post

>dispatch made the accusation not me.

Roy,

Here is what you wrote in the other thread, which caused me to question what you wrote:

"Cant bring for an official visit until after day one of senior year

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/lsdbi/LSDBi....1&p_CallCount=1

cant make a phone call to recruit until after completion of junior year

cannot plan “unavoidable contact†before end of junior year

the ENTIRE staff is limited to 130 days of recruiting per year. Ie even if two coaches watch the same game, that = 2 days of recruiting. Break that down per recruit per year knowing we are recruiting other recruits in st louis as well.

again, contact cannot be made with a student until after the completion of their junior year

the point is, i am not sure what torres wanted? i also question what MORE lowery did since he is subject to the same rules."

So now I am accusing SIU of cheating?

OK.

- Nate

>Nate I totally agree with you. You aren't going to win an

>argument with Roy though when logic doesn't come into play.

>

>Roy I felt bad enough when it was said that Brad didn't

>offer Roundtree and he chose SIUC. I feel even worse now

>that I know Brad did offer.

>

>Throw out all the NCAA rules. Unless I go to North this

>afternoon and see Roundtree driving off in an Escalade there

>were no violations. You have to face facts. Lowery works

>harder and inspires kids to come play for him. He has

>beaten Brad several times now and will continue to do so

>unless Brad changes his ways.

>

>The fact that podunk carbondale outrecruits us should have

>you up in arms. Instead you wanna make excuses, blame

>reporters who are giving us valuable information, and come

>up with some wild recruiting violation conspiracy.

>

>You need to face facts. Carbondale is beating our ass at

>recruiting in our own backyard. If SLU is to be successful

>this cannot happen. You are losing credibility on the board

>by not accepting these facts.

This isn't the first time Roy has alluded to a school cheating. Roy is the ultimate "where there is smoke there is fire" guy. Who needs facts? Not Roy. It's no wonder he is a slimy insurance man.

>good point. i wonder who the other 5 are as nate documented

>last year that knollmeyer was division one worthy.

Roy,

I was wrong. You were right.

This team is loaded with Division I talent.

I can't believe they are only 15-9. Surely, they should be 24-0.

Must be the coaching.

Have a nice day.

- Nate