Was UB sending a message to IV

slu72

when he pulled him and made him sit it out? I thought for sure he'd put him at about the 3-4 minute mark. But no, he just sat. Based on what I saw last night, IV deserved to sit. He played with no enthusiasm and displayed no tenacity. Any thoughts on what may be wrong with him? His girlfriend dump him or something? We need him if we are to make any thing out of this season.

I agree with that, and I am very happy for Bryce. By no means should we get carried away and think that this game was more than it is, but it does make you beg to ask the question ... why hasn't Bryce been getting 5-10 minutes a game all year. The more we play our bigs the less the load is on Ian as our only true inside presence. I also don't see how we think we can win 4 games in 4 days if we don't get 30-40 minutes a game out of AK, JJ, and BH. The bigs have to play. It also enables us to move Luke to the 3 and bring DP off the bench, limiting DB's minutes. (which has to be a good thing) They had 5 or 6 offensive rebounds in the 1st 10 minutes and I don't think they had any more than that the last 30, imo ... a big reasom for that is we frequently had 2 bigs in the game at the same time.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

and if he had been getting a few minutes all along, maybe we'd have seen him play like this earlier and more often.

Also, I just noticed in the box score in the post. They have Bryce credited for 1 block. I specifically remember 2, along with another that may have been a deflected pass.

Bryce did seem to gain a little confidence once he was out on the court for a while and I was really happy with his play. I do believe he needs more minutes (especially with Lisch potentially on the shelf). However, let's see him put together a few more consistent games before we all jump on the Bryce train.

By the way, is JJ really on the team? What a poster boy for inconsistency.

I don't think anyone is jumping on the Bryce train. We are saying he needs more minutes for the remainder of the year and can't understand why he hasn't gotten at least a few consistent minutes all year.

This is especially true against GW. The speed of the game would be too much for him. You may say, make them adjust to our height instead of us to their speed. Bryce is not yet a player you have to adjust to yet if you are an opposing Coach.

DB, as frustrating as he is, is much better suited to start this game.

> I agree with that, and I am very happy for Bryce. By no

>means should we get carried away and think that this game

>was more than it is, but it does make you beg to ask the

>question ... why hasn't Bryce been getting 5-10 minutes a

>game all year. The more we play our bigs the less the load

>is on Ian as our only true inside presence. I also don't see

>how we think we can win 4 games in 4 days if we don't get

>30-40 minutes a game out of AK, JJ, and BH. The bigs have to

>play. It also enables us to move Luke to the 3 and bring DP

>off the bench, limiting DB's minutes. (which has to be a

>good thing) They had 5 or 6 offensive rebounds in the 1st 10

>minutes and I don't think they had any more than that the

>last 30, imo ... a big reasom for that is we frequently had

>2 bigs in the game at the same time.

I was waiting on someone to say this. Bryce was huge last night. We had a definite presence in the paint with Bryce. He not only changed shots but was pushing and shoving guys around in the paint. Guys were not camping out for offensive rebounds. Another byproduct of going big, it allowed Kevin and Tommie to get out in the lanes for easy baskets.

If Kevin can not play, then an option for Brad is to go with TL, DP, LM, IV, and JJ or AK. He could go with DB but then he will not have someone to spell DP and TL. With the way IV has been playing, you can not have both him and BH get in foul trouble that is why you can not start them both. Besides, one 20 minute stretch does not make you a starter this year or next year. I am hopeful Brad will get a couple of Juco PF and we will play primarily a 2 PF line up with 3 guards or 2 guards with a SF.

I am not jumping on the Bryce train but I think a start Saturday mightlight a fire under Ian. If it doesnt then we can pack it in because Ian will be the same player he has been the last few games and it was awful.