Not a single bench point

VTIME

Danny Brown has scored 23 points against GW in the past. All told, ten? shots from the bench players. Zero points. It is what it is.

Very, very few midrange shots total. We either shot from 3 point land, or from in the paint.

If I were Powell, I would be salivating to play for this team. He can't possibly find a team with a better set of established complimentary guards, the need for a running small forward, and the gaping hole in the starting lineup. There is a huge need for an athletic wing who can rebound, run, and defend at a high level.

What do you think about that sales pitch, VTime?

>

> that player would also be mantas grieskanas (sp?)

>

>bad boyz for life

it's spelled Griskenas.

here's some info...

Mantas Griskenas, Three Rivers, Mo.

Posted Dec 7, 2006 by College Coaches Network

If Mantas Griskenas of Three Rivers, Mo., Community College, could but have one Christmas wish fulfilled it would no doubt be to turn back the hands of time.

It was in game eight of his first season at Three Rivers that Griskenas’ future in college hoops changed significantly. The native of Rokiskis, Lithuania, who played at Winchendon, Mass., Prep School before coming to Poplar Bluff, tore his ACL. Just like that - in seconds - the 6-7 forward went from a freshman with a world of potential to a suspect sophomore in the eyes of some college recruiters.

“I brought the ball up the floor, passed to the post, and cut and he passed the ball right back,†recalled Griskenas. “I took one dribble and stopped on a jump stop....then my left knee gave out. I fell on the floor. At first I was really scared because I didn’t know if I’d ever play again.â€

It wasn’t that bad.

The next day, however - after he got an MRI - his doctor told him his season was history.

“It was pretty disappointing to watch your teammates practice and play every day,†he said. “You go to therapy every day for like three hours. I pretty much did the same thing for like three-to-five months.â€

Slowly but surely he came back physically.

Today - like it or not, fair or not - he is still trying to regain his footing with some college recruiters.

“He has got most of it (his explosiveness) back,†said Coach Brian Bess of Three Rivers. “He isn’t a timid player now, but I think psychologically he is afraid that it might go out again.â€

Griskenas’ ability to explode and his authoritative dunks aren’t as they once were. The injury is why his vertical leap went from 37 inches last season to 33 inches as a more cautious player this season.

While Griskenas remains a skilled and solid player and is sure to be an asset to a four-year school, he is, says Bess, not drawing the gasps and double takes with his breath-taking explosiveness as he once did.

“There is no doubt he is more careful,†said Bess. “He was the most explosive player we have had here since (Latrell) Sprewell (in the early 1990s). But will he get that back?â€

Only time will tell.

MANTAS GRISKENAS AT-A-GLANCE

Class Sophomore

Pos. Forward

Ht. 6-7

Wt. 205

By the numbers Averages 17 points, 9. 3 rebounds, has hit 64 per cent of his two-point field goal attempts

In the player’s words I don’t have any problem right now (with his once injured left knee). I even feel stronger than before.

In the coach’s words He is a very skilled player who was being recruited well until he tore his ACL last year.

Schools recruiting him Idaho St., St. Louis, Western Kentucky, others

Contact Gene or Brian Bess, 573-840-9611

>don't we already have one ACL-tear project?

>

>on the other hand, by the time he would suit up here, it

>would be close to two years post-op before he came here...

If you count Kevin we've got two.

This doesn't sound as bad as Obi's as this guys already playing again after one year.

I think you're right, Rich...and Ian had the same surgery as KL, I believe.

ACL's can be ugly animals...you can come back with no problem at all, or have issues like Obi or Daunte Culpepper.

How many fantasy football players heard speculation that Carson Palmer was underpreforming because of lingering timidity over his knee.