Board Question

I have been unable to sit and read every post recently, the volume has gone up unbelievably and it has been too difficult to read all the trash that is on here.

In the past I would encourage other Billiken fans I know to access this web site, saying it was like sitting around the table with 50 or more friends to trade info, talk about our team, keep up to date on what is happening.

To say things have degenerated lately is putting it mildly. We all are trying to put our fingers on reasons for the recent blip. The expectations were high for an NCAA bid, and it still might happen, but it seems more distant now.

My sadness stems from the perceived joy folks are getting from the present state of affairs.

Is GOP Billiken, Metz, Puts and ARV all the same person? If so, I call on the moderators to discuss what action should be taken here. My feeling is this sick individual posts mainly to say, Hey folks, look at me! rather than, what can we do to help. That is my personal opinion. To ridicule a young man, BH, who is trying very hard, and probably a starter for next year, is counter productive. To put out a website to promote firing the coach in the middle of the season after two tough losses shows the character of the person generating that website.

I'm for holding people accountable for performance, be it coaches, players, administration. I still think we are going in the right direction overall, walls are going up on the new stadium. Let's discuss plays, strategy of the game, not personalities and denigration of individuals.

Sorry for the length and sobby nature of the post. Just had to get this off my chest.

I go to every game, and I have to defend my Bills every morning before I get to the office to my cadre of sports nuts at work. The future is bright, though there clearly are challenges in this upcoming signing period. Let's go Bills.

mhg

How long have you been holding out? Five, ten, fifteen years? When is enough enough? It's not 'till death do us part, here, booster. We have the ability, as alums, to voice our opinion, and I'll be dammed if I have to wait another 5, 10, 15 years for our Billikens to be led by a coach who can produce immediate results. IMMEDIATE. At all costs. Get it done. Won't be a stain on my soul.

Also, I'm just GOPBilliken, billikenmetz (which no longer works) and ARV. I'm just called "Putz" by your jackass friends out here who have their heads so far up their ass with this Soderberg guy.

I have one question: How is the future bright? Granted we do have a new on campus arena, which one would think improve our program a great deal. Besides that we only have Tommie and Kevin, and thats just for 2 more years. We have WASTED 2 recruiting classes. I dont know who you think is going to fill Ian's shoes next year.

>How long have you been holding out? Five, ten, fifteen

>years? When is enough enough? It's not 'till death do us

>part, here, booster. We have the ability, as alums, to voice

>our opinion, and I'll be dammed if I have to wait another 5,

>10, 15 years for our Billikens to be led by a coach who can

>produce immediate results. IMMEDIATE. At all costs. Get it

>done. Won't be a stain on my soul.

>

>Also, I'm just GOPBilliken, billikenmetz (which no longer

>works) and ARV. I'm just called "Putz" by your jackass

>friends out here who have their heads so far up their ass

>with this Soderberg guy.

"At all costs" Mizzou tried that and it didn't work. Lets not go down that path.

How would you know Metz doesn't work?

"to read all the trash on here." That is an understatement! Not only the trash talk but the language in some posts has gone to the dogs or even lower.

Have any of the negative posters ever made a mistake in their jobs? Did they get fired after a couple of blips? I think not. Is there anyone out there that can be positive about the team, coaches or administration?

I don't post often but when things get so negative it makes me angry. I will gripe about the loss of a game, horrible officiating, lack of intensity of the players, etc. However,one thing we all need to remember is it is a game and life is way to short to be so obsessive about the small stuff. Worry about your health, your loved ones, global warming. It is just a game and there will be another one in a few days or weeks.

They are our Saint Louis University Billikens! Go Bills!

A FEW BLIPS?! ARE YOU KIDIDNG ME?!

5 years of failure is more then just a mistake made at their job here or there. That is, of course, you think a 500 record and a trip to the NIT every few years is success... Thank goodness you don't post often 1slufan, you are so off base its not even funny.

By the way, cbs sportsline only has one a-10 team getting in the tourny, with none on the bubble.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9805295

Brad has not made a couple of blips. I have one question to ask all you posters. Is the program in better shape then before Brad took over? I would say NO. We have not had any NCAA tourney appearances in his tenure. One NIT in 5 years and that was with Romar's players.

I think that 5 years is long enough for a coach to prove himself. A period of 5 years is not just a couple of blips. The program is worse then it was when Romar left.

just a reminder, romar left, nick kern didnt qualify, hollins withdrew his letter of intent, randy pulley was declared academically ineligible after flunking or dropping out of every class the entire year, jason edwin was declared academically ineligible. john seyfert declared he was homesick and transferred to wyoming, edwin mcclain declared he was a medical wreck and dropped out of school.

coach soderberg was hired early summer and recruited izik ohannon from isreal, convinced reggie bryant to transfer to slu, and found anthony drejaj.

somehow, now is worse than above?

ummmmm that's the point metz, putz, arv, alaskan gop.

are you sure you graduated? your reading comprehension isnt good.

the statement was made that romar left the program better off than he got it. i was pointing out that the program was a shambles that forced coach soderberg to scramble to get players and actually did pretty well to find izik, reggie and drejaj.

I agree with 95% of the things you said. I don't understand why everyone is always so pessimistic. This is OUR TEAM. We should act like it. I see that the future is bright, and if this isn't our year, then this isn't our year, but don't be a fair-weather fan in the middle of the season.

I am as just as frustrated as the next guy, but you have 2 choices of how to deal with it: 1) you can scream at the players and the coaches, "GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS," or 2) you can cheer louder and support them. How well do YOU respond to negative reinforcement?

The next time we fall behind, try standing up, cheering, and giving some support. Sitting on your hands isn't going to do anything; how about using them instead?

LET'S GO BILLS: GIT 'ER DONE!!!!

Please tell us all of prior names on this board so we can understand whether you are a repeating idiot or a new idiot. This sort of infantile post is absolutely ridiculous. If you and the rest of the BT, Putz, etc crew are actually even remotely close to being examples of the new "generation"-- a group of angry, mean and insensitve individuals who resort at all times to insults and profanities--then our country and our society are really in for some bad times. You disgust me!

This is the greatly overlooked part of college basketball. The effects of a bad recruiting class aren't felt for at least 3 years. Romar left the cupboard absolutely bare with the exception of Marquee Perry and others that i am missing.

Brad had to fill gaps to just have enough warm bodies -- let alone good ones to practice and play. This years' senior class is the real first recruiting class which has come through. (Izik, reggie and drejaj were all very late signings/transfers)

Seniors

IV has been a good recruit;

JJ has been an enigma;

Juniors

Danny Brown -- at this point a miss

Dwayne Polk -- good role player to disappointment compared to hype

Luke Meyer -- solid role player - should be 6th man on normal squad

Bryce Husak -- Project which is improving but not panned out

Sophs

Tommie Liddell - stud

Kevin Lisch - stud

Frosh

Ikeokor - ??

Maguire - ??

Knollmeyer -- looks positive

In the end, the disappointing junior class is what is killing this team.

This is why Stemler would have been a huge signing this past year because we are in desparate need of the third shooter. Notice how well the Bills play when Meyer hits the 16 footer either on the baseline/high post?

Maguire could be a Stemler in two years but apparently isn't ready to carry that load yet.

>Please tell us all of prior names on this board so we can

>understand whether you are a repeating idiot or a new idiot.

>This sort of infantile post is absolutely ridiculous. If you

>and the rest of the BT, Putz, etc crew are actually even

>remotely close to being examples of the new "generation"-- a

>group of angry, mean and insensitve individuals who resort

>at all times to insults and profanities--then our country

>and our society are really in for some bad times. You

>disgust me!

Billikan...how are you any better? They disgust you, fine. But you are no better than them by calling them names too. How is your post any better than the one you just read?

I'm confused too Billikan. You think to be a Billiken fan you can't be an optimist?

Canadian: Besides the fact that it's really creepy that you're pulling out my facebook profile on billikens.com...me putting, "I hope they get their heads out of their asses" isn't the same thing as standing on the sidelines and yelling it at a player or at Soderberg during a game, which is when they need the support the most. I didn't say, "Fire Brad" or anything remotely like that. I want them to start playing how they've been playing before.

If you know me well enough to look at my facebook profile regularly, you should ALSO know I go to every game and cheer FOR them the entire game (never taunting my own team), no matter if we're down by 20 or up by 20 or WHAT our record is...and you'll see it again in about 2.5 hours. Why don't you come find me at the game tonight and we'll have this discussion again?