Look for a bigger/better Fire Brad sign Wednesday

All Brad has to show for his five years as the Billiken coach are Kevin and Tommie. His only post season appearance came with Romar's recruits. He is wasting a great billiken team of Ian, Kevin and Tommie, the likes of which we have not seen since H Waldman, Claggett, and Highmark. All because he will not change his coaching style and not make adjustments. Who gets out coached by a coach from Duquesne or St. Bonaventure? You might as well have the student manager coaching. I dont understand how a D-1 basketball program can have 3 wasted scholarships. Its not like wasting scholarships is a one time thing with Brad. He had wasted scholarships last year. The past two recruiting classes have been awful, I am including this years because we have wasted the fall signing period. Before we use to say that we had a coach that could coach although he could not recruit, now we dont have a coach or a recruiter.

With more time to prepare for the game on Wednesday look for a great fire Brad sign across from the billiken bench and/or in the student section. Also an advertisement for firebradsoderberg.com, Great work GOP/Alaskan/Diggerphelps/Quest.

Ian should have followed his gut and gone pro!! Playing in some random Greek league pulling down 6 figures is better than playing for this coach.

Rick Majerus your next Billiken Coach!!!!!

I don't think you are that far off on having the student manager become the coach, didn't Brad offer one of the coaching positions to an ex-student manager? If that doesn't bring excitement to the program I don't know what does. Look for the stool-boys to be the next assistant coaches.

Ian should have done what you had predicted TKBilliken, his NBA stock is likely shot.

GOP,

I think that you should make a firebradsoderberg.com sign for the game. Get some diehard billiken fans involved in the movement.

I think that a sound off letter to the post-dispatch would also be a great idea.

Brad must go!!! We are worse then we were when he took over 5 years ago.

I am pretty sure that you and Putz and Hardball and other like you are in your 20s and probably drink a lot so your brain cells have had serious damage.

Believe it or not this is not a gradeschool game and it involves real human beings, not cyber entities like you are used to dealing with. You and Putz and others remind me of the kids in the grade school parking lot who see someone knocked down in a fight and then you run over and kick the kid while he is down on the ground. In life, everyone goes through tough times and the way most survive is that they get support from people who understand how difficult life can be. But you jackasses come out of the woodwork with no perspective, no history and even worse, an incredibly mean and vindictive attitude.

I think it is an incredible insult to SLU that you guys claim to be graduates, if you did graduate. Your annointment of yourselves as the all knowing and dictatorial leaders who want to destroy the coach and the program is an insult to every person who ever got a diploma.

I try to live my life under the credo "do unto others". I would just like to ask you the question--if you personally or a close family member was in difficulty how would you like to be treated? Maybe you have be so incredibly lucky in life that everything has been perfect. Let me give you a clue, it will not always be that way and when you are having problems you will hope that someone is there for you and that person has a more caring and supportive attitude than what you are demonstrating in this situation.

I really do feel bad for kids who go to Saint Louis University for free and for a coach who has an annual income around $700,000. If my dad was the head coach of Saint Louis University and I was the little clown walking around in a warm-up and acting as if I was a member of the team I would expect to hear some negative things said about my father if he was performing under expectations. That is part of the territory when you hold a high-profile job. My company invests a large sum of money in me and I sure as hell hear about it when I perform below their expectations.

I just don't see how things like this are productive.

Frankly, I'm through debating the merits of BS. I've said all season and preseason, that all I care about is winning games. W's and L's, that's it. My argument has been we have 3,4,5 losses and we still have a long way to go. Well, after these two losses to crappy teams, we are no longer playing at a level where we can beat anybody. BS and the team have put themselves in this hole. If it's not rectified, things need to be done.

But don't we still want to win? Doesn't everybody still want 25 wins? Doing things like showing signs to fire the coach, or putting up websites aren't gonna help a thing. When we go to the games, we are there to cheer on the team. We are the 6th man. Acting like this only helps the other team. You are not helping the problem, only making it a bigger one.

"Your annointment of yourselves as the all knowing and dictatorial leaders..."

By categorically rejecting their position and their actions, aren't you taking the "all knowing" position of being right (and TK/GOP/ARV being wrong)?

Honestly Billikan, given your uber sensitivity, i don't see how you could confront and combat negativity.

"I would just like to ask you the question--if you personally or a close family member was in difficulty how would you like to be treated?"

Quite frankly, i wouldn't give a ###### what strangers thought or how they treated me.

UB took this job knowing the hazards while also reaping the reward$.

On the other hand, maybe GOP/ARV/TK are just upset that their righteous political leader is a functional retard and they are channeling their frustration with G.W.Bush towards UB.

Believe it or not it is the sensitivity that I have developed over the years that has made me much more effective in dealing with difficult situations when times are tough. I have fought my way through a lot of difficult situations and the most effective way to succeed is to be sensitive to that fact that you are dealing with human beings who have feelings and families. That does not mean that you do not hold people accountable but it does mean that you are never mean and vindictive.

i dont think that brad ever offered a coaching position to an ex student manager. he does have an ex manager as his director of basketball operations.

that said, why do you think that is? maybe it is a salary issue? as i pointed out almost a week ago, we have ex players and managers sprinkled through out the athletic dept. many very young. position that at bigtime schools are held by longtime employees that have made careers out of college athletics and probably at a significantly higher salary.

another example of slu going on the cheap.

This guy is not a pre-school teacher. There is pressure on a Division 1 head coach. He accepted that aspect of the job when he took the position. It is a high-risk, high-reward position. He and his family have enjoyed the rewards to date and now they may have to deal with the risk side of things. It is the nature of the beast.

"This guy is not a pre-school teacher. There is pressure on a

>Division 1 head coach. He accepted that aspect of the job

>when he took the position. It is a high-risk, high-reward

>position. He and his family have enjoyed the rewards to date

>and now they may have to deal with the risk side of things.

>It is the nature of the beast."

Even if your extremely cynical view were correct, how does that justify a lack of compassion, which I believe is Billikan's point? I also agree that this type of activity is potentially detrimental to the program without producing any positive results beyond satisfying your own sense of outrage and vindictiveness.

How will it hurt the program to have someone who can game coach, motivate, and recruit? Yeah, you feel sorry for UB if he get's canned. Just like you'd feel sorry for anyone who failed but worked hard. Maybe this coaching gig ain't his bag. But is that a reason to let SLU's major revenue sport wallow in mediocrity?

>I am pretty sure that you and Putz and Hardball and other

>like you are in your 20s and probably drink a lot so your

>brain cells have had serious damage.

>

Be sensitive to their feelings, jeez...

>I think it is an incredible insult to SLU that you guys

>claim to be graduates, if you did graduate. Your annointment

>of yourselves as the all knowing and dictatorial leaders who

>want to destroy the coach and the program is an insult to

>every person who ever got a diploma.

>

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isn't this?

>I try to live my life under the credo "do unto others". I

>would just like to ask you the question--if you personally

>or a close family member was in difficulty how would you

>like to be treated? Maybe you have be so incredibly lucky in

>life that everything has been perfect. Let me give you a

>clue, it will not always be that way and when you are having

>problems you will hope that someone is there for you and

>that person has a more caring and supportive attitude than

>what you are demonstrating in this situation

This is why you're not a college basketball coach. This is why you aren't paid 6 figures. In a job as high profile as a midmajor division 1 program, the criticism is constant. Thats why 20-30 coaches lose their job each year. I just hope that these patriot fans signs won't get in the way of the old blue hairs that don't do anything except write a check.

It is about time something about this program gets mean. We've got a nice guy coach, a nice guy center, a nice guy SG, and a bunch of pussyfooting fans.

Brad hasn't done his job. Period. Bad recruiting, poor results. No NCAA. NITwhat? Who cares.

After this year, who is playing center? Anyone? Anyone? Soderberg? Sodergberg?

Does this scare anyone else that we have no recruits this year? And one of our recruits from this year is already on his way out...

But we do have an extra scholarship just in case!

State of the program. Mediocre.