Bills by 8 over GM

The Wiz

This team now has the longest winning streak in the Bills 100 year history eclipsing the 47-48 into 48-49 16 game streak. Very impressive.

We are 6-0 in close games (5pts or less) mark of a champion...before this season....25-22 (2008-13).

So it is onto GM...again

An above average shooting 3pt team that doesn't take many shots....only a couple of sharpshooters.

What do we need to do to win......

Stop Allen and Wright.....hold them to 14 or less and we win.

Allen is their 3 pt guy....Holloway is their other shooter coming off the bench....Hold them both to 28% from the arc.

We always win when .....

we hold the opp to 62pts.................................16-0

we hold the opp to 38.5% or less shooting......12-0

Jett has 14pts or more.....................................12-0

we shoot 44.9% or better...................................11-0

we get 38 reb.......................................................10-0

McCall has 4 FGs................................................10-0

Tip o' the Bills cap to Jett who had his 10th straight double digit game..

So this looks like number 18 to me.

Will be a tough game as seen from our last meeting. I think that we'll play a lot better and I think we make some adjustments to stop their driving in and throwing up junk and then getting the offensive rebound. Mason is not a bad team. I think we win the game and the spread of 8 seems pretty good to me. The close game last time helps us a lot I think. I don't see our team overlooking anyone, but they especially won't over look Mason after last time.

This team now has the longest winning streak in the Bills 100 year history eclipsing the 47-48 into 48-49 16 game streak. Very impressive.

We are 6-0 in close games (5pts or less) mark of a champion...before this season....25-22 (2008-13).

Right Wiz, we are winning because we are good, not because we are lucky. You do not win 17 games in a row, including 6 close games, some extremely close, being just lucky.

Checked out the GW - Richmond game tonight. Not concerned about GW any longer. The only two games that will be tough for the remainder of the conference play will be VCU and UMass. We should win the rest. That is my opinion which is not based on statistics, just on watching them play.

Gotta worry about tonight, on the road in some godforsaken east coast gym, just played a Bobby Knight ESPN game vs. nationally recognized (though overrated) VCU.

I think we are too solid for GM but it might be a real squeaker. We beat them already, so it is "revenge" for an improving GM squad. We took them lightly were outrebounded badly and shot a lot more free throws than GM last time; so a bad setup for tonight for us.

We are still playing for the A-10 regular season championship, still, but have a solid 3 game lead with 6 to go, despite being warned, our kids cannot help but let down a bit.

Top notch teams are being upset or are barely winning at the buzzer to inferior teams almost every day this time of the year

If we win by 8 (line is 7 1/2) that will be a strong verification of mental toughness on a senior laden club.

IF we win tonight and a few more and clinch it, the last 2-3 will almost certainly result in a letdown loss or two, you cannot avoid that kind of thing. Hope I am wrong and we close with 6-0.

Gotta worry about tonight, on the road in some godforsaken east coast gym, just played a Bobby Knight ESPN game vs. nationally recognized (though overrated) VCU.

I think we are too solid for GM but it might be a real squeaker. We beat them already, so it is "revenge" for an improving GM squad. We took them lightly were outrebounded badly and shot a lot more free throws than GM last time; so a bad setup for tonight for us.

We are still playing for the A-10 regular season championship, still, but have a solid 3 game lead with 6 to go, despite being warned, our kids cannot help but let down a bit.

Top notch teams are being upset or are barely winning at the buzzer to inferior teams almost every day this time of the year

If we win by 8 (line is 7 1/2) that will be a strong verification of mental toughness on a senior laden club.

IF we win tonight and a few more and clinch it, the last 2-3 will almost certainly result in a letdown loss or two, you cannot avoid that kind of thing. Hope I am wrong and we close with 6-0.

GM played a great game at Chaifetz. But their FG% was unreal and likely not repeatable against our defense, especially after we presumably saw their best just a couple of weeks ago. Road games in conference are always tough, but....Bills by 10+.

So it is onto GM...again

An above average shooting 3pt team that doesn't take many shots....only a couple of sharpshooters.

What do we need to do to win......

Stop Allen and Wright.....hold them to 14 or less and we win.

Allen is their 3 pt guy....Holloway is their other shooter coming off the bench....Hold them both to 28% from the arc.

We always win when .....

we hold the opp to 62pts.................................16-0

we hold the opp to 38.5% or less shooting......12-0

Jett has 14pts or more.....................................12-0

we shoot 44.9% or better...................................11-0

we get 38 reb.......................................................10-0

McCall has 4 FGs................................................10-0

Tip o' the Bills cap to Jett who had his 10th straight double digit game..

So this looks like number 18 to me.

Well, I was ready to call this a Bills win early in the first half using the "McCall factor" (whenever he has 4 FG we win). Early in the first half he had 3 FG....on the 4th FG I was going to call...."BALL GAME"....so I waited and waited......and waited....Finally with 42 seconds left in OT he got FG #4 and we won. All good things are worth waiting for.

Pretty easy to find the missing 4 pts.....21-35 FT if we shoot 25-35 (71.4% about our average) we win by 8 (not to mention win in reg). In the last 5 games this is what the FT shooting looks like....first 3 games 89%....next 2 59.7%. Quite a swing. We need to get back in that 89% groove.

On the the 3 pt front ...we needed to hold Allen and Holloway to 28%....actual 25%....btw 48% from the arc for the Bills...nice job.

Hold Allen and Wright to 14 pts each....we stopped Allen but not Wright....1/2 check

Jett 14 pts or more.....25 pts...double check

Bills shoot 44.9% or better.....51.9%...double check

18th win in a row...tied with Fl for 3rd longest active win streak.....Wich St 1st...Stephen Austin .2nd

Go Bills