Bills by 6 over GW

The Wiz

Great win for the team and the numbers....we move up a notch on my rankings to 19 and also up to 6th seed on the Dance floor. From this point on moving up in ranking and seeds becomes more difficult. This is rarified air.

As for this game, GW is not a 3 point team....neither in shots or %. We should be able to hold them to two 3 ponters made.and then concentrate on the interior and we will be fine.

I think one of the reasons we have done well during "the streak" has been our ability to wear down the opposition with our depth. I think the game with St.J was a good example of this. ...2 point lead at half...17pt win. And it's not just the depth but the proper use of that depth....moving players in and out at the right time....and for that, a tip of the cap to JC.

Going forward, when teams start to wear down we need to put them away. And to continue a theme I started a few posts ago....we will be favored in all the remaining games including the A-10 tourney.

Go Bills

Wiz, it is about time that you start fine tuning your prediction methods. Game after game you miss the final score anywhere from 8-15 points. I'm just sayin, lets get the spread closer. Anybody can say Bills by 91/2 when you know it will be a 17 point walk. You need to consider other factors, like the ability to wear the other team down because of a better bench, etc. C'mon Wiz.

Wiz, it is about time that you start fine tuning your prediction methods. Game after game you miss the final score anywhere from 8-15 points. I'm just sayin, lets get the spread closer. Anybody can say Bills by 91/2 when you know it will be a 17 point walk. You need to consider other factors, like the ability to wear the other team down because of a better bench, etc. C'mon Wiz.

Never question The Wiz

Wiz, if you rank the Bills as your 19th best team, why don't you have them as a 5th seed instead of a 6th?

Well, for 1 thing it is not simply divide by 4 to figure out a seed position. What I do is take my rankings and overlay them over the actual seeds issued. After a number of years, there is enough data to try and predict seed positions....operative word is try. In the end their is still a lot of subjectivity involved....the need to put higher seeds closer to home, the need to separate teams that are in the same league, the need to separate teams that have played before, the need to boost bubble teams up plus etc & etc. Boosting bubble teams is taking a bubble team and moving them up because the Committee thinks they are better. For instance, let's say Temple was on the bubble (which they could be) and let's say they are the last team in (which again, they could be) they are not put at 16th seed but instead at maybe 11 or 12. Or let's play the numbers game....BE-8 bids...B10 7 bids....15 bids for just 2 leagues ...all great teams with big followings...the Committee is going to push as many as they can to high seeds ....there are only so many high seeds. So who gets pushed down ...usually mid majors and teams who haven't been there before. You could argue there is a built in bias. Experts refer to the process as underseeding.

I personally think if we run the table and win the A-10 tourney we could go as high as a 3 seed. But again my system doesn't allow for the unknown subjectivity factor. I think it is easier to predict the spread of a game than it is seeding factors.

Actually, the system is fine tuning itself but the Bills have been playing so well that it is having trouble keeping up. Overall, the system works pretty well. In last week's A-10 thread I was 6-0 with 2 games within a 1/2 point and another 3 off. If you can get 1/2 the games close (within 3) and call them correct that is pretty good.

The Bills have been an anomaly(in a good way). Every time the Bills widen the spread the system adjusts...not much in any one game but over a 9 game stretch our numbers improved alot. Yet, for the 10th game I was still 7 1/2 too low... a testament to how well the Bills are playing. As long as I keep hitting too low, it is a sign that the Bills will continue to trend up. When I start to get close on the spread it will be a marker that the Bills have reached their potential.

Here's is hoping, I am on the low side for another 12 games.

Actually, the system is fine tuning itself but the Bills have been playing so well that it is having trouble keeping up. Overall, the system works pretty well. In last week's A-10 thread I was 6-0 with 2 games within a 1/2 point and another 3 off. If you can get 1/2 the games close (within 3) and call them correct that is pretty good.

The Bills have been an anomaly(in a good way). Every time the Bills widen the spread the system adjusts...not much in any one game but over a 9 game stretch our numbers improved alot. Yet, for the 10th game I was still 7 1/2 too low... a testament to how well the Bills are playing. As long as I keep hitting too low, it is a sign that the Bills will continue to trend up. When I start to get close on the spread it will be a marker that the Bills have reached their potential.

Here's is hoping, I am on the low side for another 12 games.

You haven't been the only one on the low side. We've been playing well above Vegas' and Pomeroy's spreads for the past month. In fact, have we covered the spread in every game during our 10-game win streak? The only game I can think of where we might not have is Duquesne.

You haven't been the only one on the low side. We've been playing well above Vegas' and Pomeroy's spreads for the past month. In fact, have we covered the spread in every game during our 10-game win streak? The only game I can think of where we might not have is Duquesne.

On the Duq game, I had us winning by 9 and we won by 9 and then took off from there.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Wiz" data-cid="347694" data-time="1362092704"><p>

Actually, the system is fine tuning itself but the Bills have been playing so well that it is having trouble keeping up. Overall, the system works pretty well. In last week's A-10 thread I was 6-0 with 2 games within a 1/2 point and another 3 off. If you can get 1/2 the games close (within 3) and call them correct that is pretty good.<br />

<br />

The Bills have been an anomaly(in a good way). Every time the Bills widen the spread the system adjusts...not much in any one game but over a 9 game stretch our numbers improved alot. Yet, for the 10th game I was still 7 1/2 too low... a testament to how well the Bills are playing. As long as I keep hitting too low, it is a sign that the Bills will continue to trend up. When I start to get close on the spread it will be a marker that the Bills have reached their potential.<br />

<br />

Here's is hoping, I am on the low side for another 12 games.</p></blockquote>

Wiz-

Throw in a ***** slap with your response.

@JoeStrauss: Not that anyone cares, but SLU is poised for its 10th straight cover. #CrushingTheMan