Majerus Starts the Seniors Tomorrow, Right?

Last home game Senior Day or as my pal eskimo likes to call it Senor Day - Majerus is going to find a way to start the seniors right?

That would neccessitate sitting down Lisch and Liddell but I think these guys deserve it, especially Danny and Peyton and especially against St. Bona.

I really hope Rick doesn't pull a Soderberg as he did with Wendell Bennett last year. It was one of the classless acts out there.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

Last home game Senior Day or as my pal eskimo likes to call it Senor Day - Majerus is going to find a way to start the seniors right?

That would neccessitate sitting down Lisch and Liddell but I think these guys deserve it, especially Danny and Peyton and especially against St. Bona.

I really hope Rick doesn't pull a Soderberg as he did with Wendell Bennett last year. It was one of the classless acts out there.

I don't know if I'd call it classless. The guy was fighting for his job. It didn't work out. He still should have started Wendell though. You only get to do that once. I would be even more suprised if Rick doesn't start the seniors tomorrow. From the way he talks on his show, he really likes the seniors and thinks they are great people. He'll give them their moment.

I am not saying what Sodie did was right or wrong but starting a player just because is Senior Day is something I oppose. Not to belittle any student athlete but there is a reason he or she is not a starter to begin with. Rick needs to play the players he thinks deserve to play senior or not and keep solid momentum going from last night.

Coaches get hired and fired in a hurry, and someone thnks it's "classless" to not start Wendell Bennett????

Come on now.

You don't deviate from the norm if it's clearly not better for the team's chances as a whole.

With that said, Tarkanian one year had 6 seniors.....and he started all 6. Refs jumped center then handed out the tech. Crowd went wild.

Tarkanian one year had 6 seniors.....and he started all 6. Refs jumped center then handed out the tech. Crowd went wild.

Never heard of that. I think that's great. In the end it's a game. Even though it's a business, it's a game. Hell, even in business, you should do what's right, and if you can, what's funny, because that's all you've got. In the end it's all life, and the most important thing to me is smiling every day. The rest be damned. Don't know how I managed to wax pseudo-philosophical on this, but to hell w/ it. :D

Yeah, that's way over the top calling what Soderberg did "classless." BS was generally a very classy guy and represented the program well.

I would really like to see Danny get the start, but not to sound cold, I frankly could care less if Peyton gets the start. Now hopefully, we will blow out St. Bonnie and then Peyton can come in and play the last few minutes.

Folks, I am sorry if you think I am wrong in calling Soderberg classless for not starting Wendell. I guess I am okay with that. But this was senior night last year and we were playing Richmond at home. Wendell Bennett played all of 1 minute in a 10 point victory.

Let me give you a breakdown of the score at various points in the second half:

Beginning of the 2nd half: 40-21 SLU lead

Media Timeout 15:51: 46-26 SLU lead

Media Timeout 11:53: 54-31 SLU lead

Media Timeout 6:43: 60-41 SLU lead

30 sec Timeout 2:32: 69-56 SLU lead

I understand that Soderberg is trying to keep his job but here is a senior walk-on who he thought enough of to give a scholarship to and Richmond wasn't within 10 points for most of the second half and Soderberg plays in him for a minute.

Maybe that isn't classless but Wendell sure deserved better than 1 minute in a game where his team lead by double digits for most of the game.

Sentiment aside, SLU cannot afford to lose against St. Bona. I looked at the Bonnies' roster, and they appear to have some players. Michael Lee is 6'9" and averaging over 17 ppg, and Zarryon Fereti is the guy who torched SLU for 26 points last year, raining down one three pointer after another.

Starting Danny Brown would be ok, but starting a walk-on? Isn't that risky business unless he only plays a possession or two?

Remember, the paramount thing is to win this game.

Sentiment aside, SLU cannot afford to lose against St. Bona. I looked at the Bonnies' roster, and they appear to have some players. Michael Lee is 6'9" and averaging over 17 ppg, and Zarryon Fereti is the guy who torched SLU for 26 points last year, raining down one three pointer after another.

Starting Danny Brown would be ok, but starting a walk-on? Isn't that risky business unless he only plays a possession or two?

Remember, the paramount thing is to win this game.

Let them play a minute or two. Worst case just have Peyton foul the piss out of their star and then put in your real starters. Who cares? Any game lost in the first minute or two was lost to begin w/. This isn't football, baseball, soccer or hockey where one score is absolutely crucial at any point in the game. I hope all the seniors start. I would understand if Peyton doesn't, as he is just a walk-on, but there is absolutely no excuse to not start the other guys. It's not like Bryce or Danny are bums.

Folks, I am sorry if you think I am wrong in calling Soderberg classless for not starting Wendell. I guess I am okay with that. But this was senior night last year and we were playing Richmond at home. Wendell Bennett played all of 1 minute in a 10 point victory.

Let me give you a breakdown of the score at various points in the second half:

Beginning of the 2nd half: 40-21 SLU lead

Media Timeout 15:51: 46-26 SLU lead

Media Timeout 11:53: 54-31 SLU lead

Media Timeout 6:43: 60-41 SLU lead

30 sec Timeout 2:32: 69-56 SLU lead

I understand that Soderberg is trying to keep his job but here is a senior walk-on who he thought enough of to give a scholarship to and Richmond wasn't within 10 points for most of the second half and Soderberg plays in him for a minute.

Maybe that isn't classless but Wendell sure deserved better than 1 minute in a game where his team lead by double digits for most of the game.

Just remember one thing; Wendell Bennett failed to be on time for the bus to the arena for the away Rhode Island game last season. As I remember it, Soderberg eventually just decided to leave him at the hotel. That had only happened a couple weeks prior to Senior Night, so it's possible that Brad wasn't too thrilled with Wendell at the time.

No way Rickma starts Peyton, it would be nice, but it ain't gunna happen.

Board,

I really don't know why we are really fighting about this... unfortunately I agree with most posters that Peyton should not and will not start. In addition, I thought he was only a Junior. I know he won't be back next year anyway so I guess that is why we are saying he is a senior? It really doesn't matter because he won't start. The only true senior bench player that should start would be DB. Starting lineup should be:

1. DP

2. KL

3. DB

4. LM

5. BH

Now why are we still trying to figure this out. I sure hope the seniors get a good round of applause. I sure will be standing to cheer for all of them. I am going to miss LM and DB. If not for injuries and coaching changes, I think DB could have developed into a solid all-around player.