Reed and Mizzery

slu72

Went over there because Reed said he selected SLU over Mizzery. Vtime started a thread knocking Anderson. Way to go V. This sent them into their defensive mode. Most believe he was never offered by Anderson, since they are hard after Brandenberg. They are touting him as 5 stars, when in fact he's 4. OJ should post what he knows about Brandenberg and UW over there. That would shake them up a little. And before anyone posts, "why post this, we don't care about Mizzery", let's be honest. We care deeply about being the best D1 program in the state, and who do we have to knock off the limb to earn that perch? Hint: It ain't MoState. Dear Maji, now please deliver us Suggs, Perry, Roth and K. Mitchell. By the way what is Femi's status these days. Did he miss the RM express by not signing early with UB?

They can firmly set in stone their reputation as a bunch of dumbf$%&s if they think Brandenburg is a 5-star. There's probably a bunch of 3-stars that can eat his 5-star lunch. I hate reading that board so much, just because it's so archaic. People rip on ours? I can find what I want, quickly, and we have that magical "View All" feature.

Get a job, Mizzery.

>I wasnt knocking Anderson, I was just saying that if

>Anderson doesnt get going his program is going to fall

>behind SLU. I was aaying that it would be harder to improve

>in the Big 12 than it was at UAB. That's all.

They already are behind SLU. We've had a higher RPI the last two seasons with Soderberg. With Rick, we are moving on to bigger and better things than worrying about Mizzou. Rick is off to a good start in building the Gonzaga of the Midwest.

I dunno... and I know it's not my place alone to say... but I think most other schools' boards, esp. Mizzery's, look cluttered and busy. I haven't done a full technical inspection, but the only thing I see that I like is picture uploads, and you guys would immediately ban most of the pics I would upload anyways.

What is it that you don't like about the current state of our board? I think it's perfect.

The script we are using now is over five years old...How much software are you guys using that is five years old out there?

I am most attracted to Invision Power Board. It is my favorite of the mainstream softwares out there, and it has some nice moderation features that definitely would have been handy in the past year.

No purchases have been made yet, but an upgrade will be happening. Any input is appreciated.

I'm with the others. As long as we keep the view all option. I never really read other boards, but the few time I have it is a pain in the a$$ to have to click on every post.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

slusignguy - i am very comfortable with this setup also, but i don't go to other boards to know what is available

-i iwll say that if you have to click on each post to read it, that would really be a pain and cause at least me to not be able to read as much

I think some flexibility in the UI would be good. For instance on here, you can choose to either see the board in a threaded format or the collapsed (Subjects only) format. I personally prefer the threaded format. I'd also like to see the number of "views" for a topic. Spell check would be great. Perhaps the ability to imbed movies or animated avators. Some new technology overall...

There will likely be a version of the "threaded" view, but it will not be like the past versions of the board going back to Billikenboard.

The flat (or view all) view will become likely become the default. Unless someone can find some good threaded software out there, I think we just have to bite the bullet and upgrade to get those sorts of new features.

>Went over there because Reed said he selected SLU over

>Mizzery. Vtime started a thread knocking Anderson. Way to go

>V. This sent them into their defensive mode. Most believe he

>was never offered by Anderson, since they are hard after

>Brandenberg. They are touting him as 5 stars, when in fact

>he's 4. OJ should post what he knows about Brandenberg and

>UW over there. That would shake them up a little. And before

>anyone posts, "why post this, we don't care about Mizzery",

>let's be honest. We care deeply about being the best D1

>program in the state, and who do we have to knock off the

>limb to earn that perch? Hint: It ain't MoState. Dear Maji,

>now please deliver us Suggs, Perry, Roth and K. Mitchell. By

>the way what is Femi's status these days. Did he miss the RM

>express by not signing early with UB?

If I had started a thread praising Anderson, the board would be calling me a Mizzou fan, AGAIN. I wasnt knocking Anderson anyway.

They kept saying it on tigerboard.com, and I think it was mentioned in the billiken blog on the front page unless I read it wrong. If they didnt rescind it, it means that Majerus beat Anderson for this kid, if they did rescind it, I'm just trying to find out why. Did they think they were going to get Brandenburg? Who knows.