My only wish after Ole Miss game...

davidnark

is that we would see a little less of Danny and a little more of Dustin. Danny's primary offensive role is to hit the outside jumper, and he hasn't been doing it well of late. I would like to see what Dustin could do if he was given a shot at the same role.

Only reason Danny Brown probably gets more minutes is because he is probably a better defender and can drive the lane better. Dustin right now probably can't defend well and can't drive at all. I do wish we would see Dustin out there every once in a while though. Especially if the other team is collapsing on Ian all the time and there are good looks from 3.

Nark, I agree with you 100%, but having not watched practice in awhile, I'll defer to UB. I really don't understand AK not getting a few more minutes in this one though. Bryce had his worst minutes of the year, he played well his first time in but after that was not good. JJ had a couple of nice boards, but seemed to panic with the ball in his hands and had 3 turnovers I can remember. Not good for a Sr. Regarding Danny, I don't know what to think ... he had a break and gave Bryce a bounce pass (when Bryce was under the basket, why I don't know) at his thighs. Bryce is at least 7'1" why would you give him a bounce pass just above his knees? DB is also such a streaky shooter ... just not enough streaks where he hits the 3.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

But the defense hasnt been less than stellar anyway and SLU still cant guard the 3pt shot. If Dustin gives his man some space on defense he'll be fine. I would like to see him get minutes especially during long offensive droughts. He's not gonna singlehandedly lose the game. They're going to need him, because right now Danny is the only guard off the bench, and at some point that lack of depth is going to be seriously exposed. If anything it will give the kid some confidence.

Danny wasn't that TO prone today. he played a little more under control. He did have a wide open drive to the basket which he opted to clang off the rim a 3. Ole miss left him wide open all game.

Brown is a nightmare on defense. He overplays his man all the time. It was a comedy of errors with eh and JJ on the floor on defense together. Ole Miss ran screens off brown with JJ's man, Brown and JJ together can't make a switch at all, they'd would run into each other and let either player have an open shot or drive. Kennedy should have ran plays off of Brown and JJ's man all day.

JJ is effective once he calms down, but with the minutes he gets he doesn't get a chance. Brad needs to set up an exercise bike in the locker room entry way so Johnson can ride on there until he gets in the game. Once he loses his jitteryness he focuses better and goes after the ball. He lost it by the time he was in for the final time. Before then he was nuts, throwing away balls, taking a bad shot, losing his man on defense, flubbing passes and loose balls.

I have 2 wishes after the Mississippi game.

1. Bryce Husak never plays again. I have never seen a player with worse hands and he just looks clueless out there defensively. Bryce is just a tall man with little to no basketball talent. It would make more sense to have Knollmeyer in there when giving Ian a rest to give him some more experience.

2. The A-10 starts to getting some good referees. There were 10 completely awful calls made in that game (8 against us and 2 against Ole Miss). I wish we could go back to having refs like Welmer, O'Neill, Burr, etc rather than these A-10 jokes.

In practise Dustin reminds me of Drew of Valparaiso a few years ago; he can drag the defense with him and hit some turn around jumpers. Bryce, JJ, and DB have got to have more minutes to get rid of the jitters; they are under the "coaches hook" pressure-all have skills they jusst get yanked so fast they botch everything-rush their shots and that DB low pass to Bryce made both of them look they had never played before-never pass low to a seven footer-they are not bottom feeders.

I thought people said the refs the other day were from the SEC not the A10. I was more taken a back with Tommie's pass to Bryce than Danny's. The problem is if you are in the game, you have to fill the role for the offensive scheme that the team plays. Who ever is playing the post has to be able to catch the ball - the offense is built around the ball coming in to Ian whenever possible so the guards drive, draw the coverage and then pass to the post man - if it Bryce then 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad to paraphrase Woody Hayes.

Is that we go 13-3 in conference or win the A-10 tourney. Believe that is the only way we're dancing. And am not so sure that 13-3 is going to do it unless that results in us winning the conference. There are a lot of BCS schools out there w/ similar records to ours. And if they go one, two, three games over .500 in conference with a few upsets of biggies, the A-10 is in serious trouble for getting two bids, never mind getting 3. We've really got to hope these teams are exposed in conference play. I'm talking about teams like Mizzery, Purdue, Clemson, Ole Miss, etc.