Top Posters In This Topic

>"It's good, boys."

>

>That's all I needed to hear.

>

>You guys should come to St. Louis this weekend - there will

>be 3,000 Poplar Bluff fans here for Friday's game and you

>hicks will feel right at home.

well most of us are from St.Louis..as im here now. jackass...

you lost we won :) good luck in the NIT

>"It's good, boys."

>

>That's all I needed to hear.

>

>You guys should come to St. Louis this weekend - there will

>be 3,000 Poplar Bluff fans here for Friday's game and you

>hicks will feel right at home.

Yeah, it must feel good to keep trying to insult and brag about a win that wasn't real.

This spilt milk from Springfield is patently absurd. Not only that, it is spoiled milk that has a distinct odor. If there is going to be some reopening of the issue, then how do they explain the still from their own TV broadcast, which clearly shows .1 second on the clock when the ball left IV's hand?

The referees made the call after spending significant time looking at the replay.

Game over. SLU won, and it counts. Move on.

Scoop, sounds like next time they can avoid all of the hassle and just ask you whether or not it was good. The clock on the tv is not official and it is surprising that is what was used, but that was the called made so I will take it. The light is official and I do not recall being able to see the light in the footage. Thank you to the Missouri Valley for televising this game!!!! I would have been ragin for sure had we not come away with a win Monday night.

>>Well then Barry can make himself look like a bigger idiot

>>then he already is. When was the last time u went dancing?

>>Like u should talk.

>

>Yes, because coaches often call radio stations asking to be

>interviewed right then. O_o

>

>Don't worry, I'm sure the ESPN.com article will be great.

I'm sure the ESPN article will say that the game clock looked at by the officials clearly showed the ball out of his hands with 0.1 seconds left. As much as you'd like to think this is going to somehow get reversed, it's not. Refs make calls based on judgements throughout the game. They viewed video which showed no doubt. Maybe they should review the play where a Bear hit the ball out of bounds, but was called their ball. They then subsequently hit a 3. We could go back and see that in the replay and take those points off the board.

I also would like to suggest that it's very easy to doctor video. So some video that magically appears two days later showing something different than what was available at the time, and the NCAA is going to just outright reverse the decision? What a joke.

I honestly could care less what happens from here on out. The Billikens get the win and that is all that matters in my book. It may be somewhat tainted if this is in fact true, but we will remain at 9-2 regardless. You all should worry more about how you blew the game than anything else and how your "Golden Boy" was completely overmatched. I have no grudge against Missouri State or Springfield, MO so I will not take any cheap shots here.

>There will be no reversal, it will be similar to the

>officials admitting they blew the game for Mizzou against

>Iowa State. I am kind of surprised that the officials would

>be relying on the tv clock. SShoe, your post is completely

>ridiculous.

clear that bad lose...and SLU's best win of season will be tainted.

2 birds with one stone..

GO Bears.

"There will be no reversal, it will be similar to the officials admitting they blew the game for Mizzou against Iowa State. I am kind of surprised that the officials would be relying on the tv clock. SShoe, your post is completely ridiculous."

If you're saying the part about reversing calls from earlier in the game, then I think you're helping my point. If you're talking about my point on video doctoring, maybe. But if they can have a conspiracy theory, so can we.

Nobody expects the game to be overturned, so I don't know where that came from. It just goes to show that it's unfortunate we had to bring our own TV broadcasting crew since nobody in St. Louis cared enough about SLU to do it themselves. The red light is what counts, and in Savvis' OWN IN-HOUSE BROADCAST, the red light goes off before the tip. There's no confusion here. I really hope this is the first time you might've noticed that the TV clock doesn't always match precisely with the game clock. Unfortunately, this is probably one of the only times that 0.1 seconds off actually mattered. We know it's a technical loss, but from now on your win has been turned into a "win." The selection committee will know it, and we will know it, regardless of whether SLU still thinks it won for real.

brian said,

"I think the most disturbing fact is that mostatebear is a reporter. So much for objectivity."

i wish our beat reporter had that kind of passion

that said, mostatebear, probably every angle is going to look different perspectivewise as to the ball in/on the hand or not. if the refs had a view that showed the ball was out of the hand, it is good.

the camera angle you are talking about if the house angle is probably one from a higher trajectory and would of course appear to be closer to the hand if shot from a higher angle.

i dont think the refs would overrule their call if they didnt clearly see the ball out of ian's hand before all zero's were showing on the clock.

as much as i admire your enthusiasm for the bears, you lost. deal with it.