Polk and Meyer great tonight.

VTIME

Polk 17, Meyer 15. Anyone remember a recent post saying that Dwayne and Luke werent enough of an offensive threat to stop teams from sagging on Ian. If you add in tonight's stats Polk is averaging 7ppg and Luke is averaging 9.6. How much do you expect them to score with Tommie, Kevin, and Ian all averaging over 12ppg?

I agree they were awesome tonight. Both played with confidence I haven't seen from them during their time at SLU.

Skip, Billikan, and backwards guest take note, I am backing off my earlier comments that Knollmeyer or JJ should start at the four. Unless Luke is getting eaten alive on defense, he brings much more to the team overall. (Translation: you three were right and I was wrong.)

yes they were let's hope they can do it against teams that are stronger; Luke was actually faster than his man tonight and Polk was all we should expect. However, we need several guards, wings, fours

not just 4 or 5 starters who have to play 35 minutes eadh; tonight looked hopeful maybe we will start getting decent crowds

... how does Tennessee-Martin translate into North Carolina, Missouri State or even teams like Fordham, GeeDub or Dayton? Nice confidence builder.

I think what is really nice here is that with one of the big three down, the more senior members of our team stepped up and took the task on. That's a huge demonstration, if you ask me. On the bad side, 16 minutes and four fouls on JJ.

Crucial week on the way. Get well soon, Kevin.

Obviously, nothing translates well against UNC. However, Polk is playing absolutely great basketball, and it isn't because he hit a few open threes last night. He is defending well, handling the ball flawlessly, penetrating well, and most importantly making outstanding decisions, particularly in transition.

From an outsider's perspective, Polk also appears to be a great teammate. Early in yesterday's game, Meyer hit a layup and was fouled. I noticed Dwayne celebrating the play with more intesity than he has for his own plays. Later in the game, Dwayne was fouled very hard in transition. Rather than create an incident under circumstances in which may others would have, he patted his opponent on the back and walked away similing. You can't teach maturity.

Basketball is an interesting sport in that there are only 5 guys on the court so team chemistry and discipline is extremely important. I think the team chemistry on this team is excellent and we are becoming more disciplined. A lot of the credit for that has to go to Dwayne and Luke. Both have had their ups and downs but neither game up, hung their heads or became sour. They just worked harder. They play extremely hard and are both smart and disciplined players.

You can see that when they are in the game the team is much better. When they go out we look like a different team. On both ends of the court they are key contributors. It was particularly encouraging to see them step up after Kevin got hurt.

Unfortunately, JJ had a bad game--we really need him to step up an play better against NC. Adam looked like a freshman last night but he is young and will get better.

When the starters were in the game at the beginning of the halves I thought that the defense looked like the defense of old, tough and effective. If we can keep that up we can win a lot of games. Go Bills!

They've had more than a good night, they've had good seasons combining for 16 points per game. Luke is contributing big time in the rebounding deparment and Polk in the assist department. They've exceeded many expectations and are playing to the level we expected when they signed.

I've always been extremely proud of the intelligence, class and all around upstanding behavior of our players. Winning doesn't mean anything if you have to be ashamed of your players.

And while some might look at the team's "nice guy" demeanor as a hindrance to winning but I would say that this team's chemistry is one of its biggest assets. They bring it on the court, which is where it counts, KL being the best example.

Ian for 18 and 12 tonight, Liddell for 15, Meyer and Lisch w/ 10+, and polk w/ outstanding defense.

Danny Brown - 0 shots off the side of the backboard, < 3 turnovers.