Reggie Finished With A Game High 25...

Schasz

They brought up the 5 second call and I would like to hear what the folks that saw it thought of the call. No points from our bench. IO had 14 and TF had 12. Crean said got to be mentally tough to beat the Bills. He thought that the Bills had the tempo in the 1st half. Great character win for MU according to Crean and the last play was excuted to perfection. They had over 18K at the game...can we get at least 12K when they play us at home????

Any better that we got jobbed on that call. It was a bad day at Black Rock for my two teams today. There will be better days for our Bills, and I really want to see us beat Marquette at home. Can they leave those refs in Milwaukee???

According to the Bradley Center Website it holds 18,600. There is absolutely no way there was that many there. There were probably 3,000 empty student seats uptop (I assume Christmas break is going on) and I would say the upper bowl (ignoring the student section part) was 2/3. All in all I would guess 4,000-5,000 empty seats. Now this is clear better than us but for a Saturday night game it wasn't super impressive.

If the Bills can win the 3 in a row at home and then steal one of the very difficult three on the road we would be 12-7 starting a nice 3 game home set against Depaul, Charlotte and Marquette. I would think general excitement around St. Louis couls sell a few more seats, especially if we beat Depaul and Charlotte. Of course thats a lot of IFS. It would also help if the Post Dispatch would actually put out games in the paper...

> I thought it was a highly questionable call, but Fisher did move

>laterally for a good 3 to 4 seconds if not 5.

Agreed he did pound the ball for a bit and had the official made

the call then I would have had no problem with the call. Instead

he made the call when Fisher was attacking to the basket. A terrible

call to make with the game in the balance. He interjected himself

into the game when a good to competent official would allow the

players to decide the game. I thought the move Diener made to the

basket was close to a travel. I thought he may have switched his

pivot foot. All in all you have to love the way that Soderberg and

staff have gotten max effort from their players.

Reggie Bryant is a big game performer. The brighter the lights the

better he plays. He played average against TCU in their vacant barn

but played lights out against Marquette. The move he put on Diener

at the circle was truly beautiful. He set Diener up one way and went

opposite. I only wish he would have stayed on his feet when Diener

scored the winning basket, but hopefully this is something the Bills

can build on.

that would be terry moore. terry is one of my favorite refs actually. not like him to make a call like that. he typically stays away from "the big call" and deciding games. strange stuff.

i watched it over again this morning on charter and there is no way that was a legit call. i agree soderberg needs to send that to the league office.

i still think the frericks fouls in the second half were pure b.s. as well. especially considering all the nasty stuff sanders and merritt were doing and not getting called on. frericks stuff wasnt even retaliation fouls which typically do get caught. they just werent fouls. we have welmer to thank for those. that aboy stevie. took us out of another one.

while reggie has another marvelous game, if you re-watch the game last night, all those trips to the foul line by freshman dameon mason were the result of reggie getting beat or not sealing out on rebounds. if mason doesnt shoot a free throw last night, we win that game.

now it isnt fair to lay that on reggie, especially since without his fabulous offense, we arent even in the game, but still, reggie needs to step it up on the other end as well to be the best he can be. i am betting he will hear about it tomorrow from the coaches.

Admitedly, I did not see the game but according to the P-D account that had comments from Coach Soderberg, Fish actually had the defensive assignment on the game deciding Diener play. Coach stated that he was surprised that Fish took the bait on Diener's fake.

I too was told by those there that the crowd was "disappointing" in size for what they are getting this year. They got almost 18,000 for Grambling or someone like that. It was one of their smaller crowds. Everyone wears yellow which is visually attractive because it stands out. X-mas break...but their students have according to info...have reached over 4000 in season tickets which is pretty impressive(and most was way before final four stuff)...would be nice to see at SLU. They do play ESPN or ESPN 2 Wed night vs Cinci which I think would be a solid win for Cinci at the Shoe, but a pickem in Milwaukee. I was pretty surprised that Marquette had Diener in man d with no help on Bryant top of key with 11 seconds left. Easy lay up. Diener looked like Mike Bargen guarding Larry Hughes when Hughes dropped 40 on him.