Saluki updates/scouting

DoctorB

if tatum had only been suspended once, you got a point. everyone has made mistakes. but he just needs one more to average once a year during his siu career.

Despite my "mascot" post below, I do not bear any ill will to Carbondale either. We are rivals for players and have passed on a few we shouldn't have and should been on a few from day one like Shaw. We may have still missed on him to SIU but us holding out for Grimes didn't help

PS Tatum does have some issues but comparisons to Cincy under Huggy might be stretching things a bit too far.....

>if tatum had only been suspended once, you got a point.

>everyone has made mistakes. but he just needs one more to

>average once a year during his siu career.

2 suspensions in 4 years averages out to 1 per year. Now I remember why I didn't major in math, I'm no good at it. :7

DoctorB thinks unRealisticBilliken is one wacky and wild dude.

DoctorB thinks unRealisticBilliken is wrong that boards like this were invented to allow overenthusiastic though somewhat intellectually challenged sports fans to blow each other constant and generally baseless charges back and forth at each other.

DoctorB thinks unRealisticBilliken needs serious medical intervention.

DoctorB rests his case.

well maybe i am wrong as well. when did he serve the dui suspension? maybe i am mixing up last spring with this fall and they are one and the same.

realistic, joey flugel aka triangle and too is the most famous billikens.com poster of all time. he was a mi$$ouri fan that loved to come here and fight the board and he often talked in rhyme, or third person and such. he hated romar and anyone that liked romar. once romar moved on, triangle disappeared. many of us believe he has likely come back as another moniker to torment the board as he was such a frequent poster it is hard to believe he would just disappear.

eom and nm means that there is no need to open the post as the message is really just the subject line and there is no additional info in the post.

then i am wrong. i was thinking those were two separate events. i apologize.

that said, he still have been in trouble more than once.

It seems to me though that a 3 game suspension for a DUI when he already had a suspension for breaking a window in a police station ... and I'm sure he wasn't just visiting the police station in the first place ... seems pretty weak. Almost condoning the behavior. The fact is that off court problems are more frequent at SIU now than they have been in the past. Lowry needs to make it stop if he doesn't want to have his team bunched in with the Cinci's of the world ... and I don't think they are like Cinci, but if they don't put a stop to it the trend is beginning.

As for Tatum ... just my opinion, but he is very over rated. Maybe he scores 25 against us and makes me eat my words, but his shooting percentage is pretty low for a big time scorer. I'm going by last year ... this year I don't know how he is doing.

Lastly, I like SIU ... they have accomplished alot the last few years and deserve any accolades they get.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Cut the kid a break, he did some boozing and drove when he shouldn't have. I am sure that could very easily happen to any of our players any given Friday or Saturday night, however I think it is less likely for things of that nature to occur in St. Louis city where the police have other things to worry about than catching college kids driving over the legal limit. Tatum seems to always appear on the all-academic teams, so he at least is a relatively intelligent kid. I don't see the point in saying our kids are saints while the SIU kids are a bunch of thugs. These are college kids who make mistakes and I could very easily tell you some mistakes that have been made by guys that suit up for the Billikens, but see no point. SIU is a nice program with nice student/athletes. Lets show some class as Saint Louis University alumni, students, fans or whatever the case may be and stop bashing this kid and Southern Illinois. Why the arrogance surrounding an average college in the midwest?

Once is a mistake. Twice is flat out stupidity or alcoholism.

Got to give trouble to a rival. You would have a big time problem if you went to MU or KU. They give it to each other non-stop. The best was when MU announced they were naming the new arena Paige Sports Arena and forgot to buy the web address. KU guys ****** it up and it was one of the funniest farce sites I have ever seen. My personal favorite was the preview of the ATV rental stand, classic.