Would you offer these players?

VTIME

http://www.midstatehoops.com/players/profi...e_williams.html

Because Mizzou and SIUC have.

http://www.midstatehoops.com/players/profi...eff_jordan.html

Because he's the son of a legend and hasnt been offered by anyone thats a bigger draw than us.

http://www.midstatehoops.com/players/profi...cus_jordan.html

He's the youngest son of the legend. He already has great size for a guard just starting his sophomore season. Could you just imagine the publicity from his dad attending a couple of his home games.

What makes you think Mizzou and SIU offered the Williams kid? Something you read on a web site? Who posted this information? The kid's uncle? His father? The kid? Miek Anderson? Some mid-state punk like Terrel Ramey? I'm sorry .. I apologize to Terrel Ramey as I don't know who he is either but my point is without corroborating information, I don't believe any of this. I beleive offers when I see signatures on letters of intent.

The Jordans are hilarious. First of all, unless those kids are tearing it up and have the national reputation of an OJ Mayo, Greg Oden or even Larry Hughes, forget about it. Dad should be able to pay straight up and then some for their college education. And the list of "medium interest" for the younger one is absolutely funny. Did he miss anyone of any repute in that listing? A 6'4" kid who can "bully" himself up into the paint. Me thinks Loyola Academy ain't seeing much in the way of competition.

And no, being offsprings of NBA legends gets them nothing as far as an offer is concerned. Show me, I say. We don't need people coming to games so they can coddle up along side Michael for show. I mean, Mike was a stud but that doesn't mean the lineage went on in the breeding ..... for reference see Moses Malone Jr., George Gervin Jr., John Thompson III, and so on.

Its the game Vee, not the sideline three-ring circus that is the And1 tour.

.... how do you differentiate between rumor and reality? In other words, if you see something on some internet board or in the newspaper, do you automatically say something like "well, if its in the paper (or on the web) it must be true?"

Hey VTIME, keep 'em coming. You're post are much more interesting than the drivel coming from these other guys.

I would only take the Jordan brothers as a package deal. Even if they have no talent, I guarantee you that Michael Jordan would make sure that they were surrounded by talent.

in V time's big picture at Wimbledon? If you like Vtime's posts, but you're pressed for time. Just go the local recruiting sites, look at each name, and say "SLU should recruit him....SLU should recruit him....SLU should recruit him ... him...him.... him....him.... him... him... you're getting the idea by now, right?

... I asked a serious question a couple posts above. Care to answer it? Jumping over me, one of your all-time admirers, to thank a first time poster, well, where's the love in all that?

>... I asked a serious question a couple posts above. Care

>to answer it? Jumping over me, one of your all-time

>admirers, to thank a first time poster, well, where's the

>love in all that?

I generally believe what is in the paper. Nate's sources seem to be pretty reliable and Jim Fassen's coverage is incredible. As far as websites, if the same story is on multiple sites I usually give it the benefit of the doubt.

.. for the answer and the additional insight. So, the butcher-block board on these web sites is the interest that the KID has inthe school, and not the other way around. Interesting. It would then seem to follow that the "Offer" section was also filled out by the player as well? Would you agree on that one? So that means that this kid claims he has an offer from Mizzou? If so that means that, if true, Mizzou and Mike Anderson have one and only one scholarship for the upcoming year, it has been offered to the Williams kid. Agree?

Has Leon seen this? Anderson is just leading him along if that's the case.

>.. for the answer and the additional insight. So, the

>butcher-block board on these web sites is the interest that

>the KID has inthe school, and not the other way around.

>Interesting. It would then seem to follow that the "Offer"

>section was also filled out by the player as well? Would

>you agree on that one? So that means that this kid claims

>he has an offer from Mizzou? If so that means that, if

>true, Mizzou and Mike Anderson have one and only one

>scholarship for the upcoming year, it has been offered to

>the Williams kid. Agree?

>

>Has Leon seen this? Anderson is just leading him along if

>that's the case.

I dont have to defend my post about that site. If you doubt its accuracy, thats fine! I dont care. Keep it to yourself instead of immediately knocking everything.

I am sorry if you thought you were asked to defend your post. On the contrary, I thought I was being genuine in thanking you for the insight. I never knew how to interpret those block items and you set me straight. My point is this: If put into a sentence, the emphasis and meaning are completely different when you say "Williams has high interest in North Carolina" versus "North Carolin has high interest in Williams." What kid wouldn't express high interest in an elite level program? As I've stated before, every kid with any amount of talent sees themselves as the next Jordan, and carries in their own mind a usually-inflated opinion of themselves and their talents. Nothing wrong with that. But now knowing how to interpret these web sites makes it a little more interesting. Again, thanks.

>So, VTime, here is the converse. If SLU had one schollie to

>give, would you offer Powell, Williams, or the Jordans? Or

>would you try to get one of the HS forwards to transfer in?

Williams and Powell are in 2007, and the others arent so I dont know If I still have to choose beteeen them for this particular class. I'd still pick Powell though because he's probably the area's top senior and it would be good to make sure our relationship with Bonner and Public High League is strong because with Deseg all, but gone and talent returning to the PHL we'll need to establish that we'll go after those guys. Plus Powell is a slasher from the frontcourt, something that SLU just doesnt have. Really Tommie is our only slasher period. Polk could be a slasher that gets into the lane and puts pressure on the defense, but we dont see it enough. Bonner says he expects him to play sg at the next level. http://prepsports.stltoday.com/ssi/prep/st...21?OpenDocument

What more do you need to hear.