Semi OT - KSDK names new sports director

thetorch

He went from being a robotic sportscaster to a robotic news anchor. I seriously think that the man is an android. His appearance has not changed since he arrived here in the mid 80's, and his hair could easily be made from some sort of synthetic polymer.

At least he isn't calling Billiken basketball games anymore. Just thinking about "the bucket and the bruise" makes me shudder.

>http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article_lc.asp?storyid=52877

>

>Frank got passed over. I was hoping he would get the job.

>This will probably mean he will not host Sports Plus as he

>has the last few months.

If you heard Frank on KFNS earlier in the week(or maybe last week), he stated he really wasn't interested in the position with all his present additional duties. I don't think it will change his input on Sports-Plus all that much.

Right after the Bush move Frank and Malcolm intimated that they would be interested in the job then I heard nothing about for months.

I haven't been able to tune into Frank's show as much as I should lately. It would be bad for us Billiken fans atleast if he had to give up his radio show or his billiken broadcasting gig to be KSDK sports director.

I could live happily the rest of my life without hearing "bucket and the bruise" ever again.

Bush was the worst sportscaster. He couldn't even cut it for the PBA.

Have any of ever seen the movie AI? It was out a couple years ago, a pretty boring flick but Jude Law plays an android and his very artificial hair looks exactly like Mike Bush's real do.

>Right after the Bush move Frank and Malcolm intimated that

>they would be interested in the job then I heard nothing

>about for months.

>

>I haven't been able to tune into Frank's show as much as I

>should lately. It would be bad for us Billiken fans atleast

>if he had to give up his radio show or his billiken

>broadcasting gig to be KSDK sports director.

I don't know about Malcolm. But Cooz didn't want it, I'm sure.

First of all, I am laughing hard at the posts about the "bucket and the bruise". I forgot about that. Was that horrible or what? Hey, I'll take mike Bush's hair! Hell, I'll take anyone's hair!

I think Frank and Malcolm both wanted the job. Why wouldn't they? It would have been the best pay for both of them. They initially were pissed off that they were even interviewing for it outside of St. Louis. If they acted like they didn't want it, that was a defense mechanism because they knew they weren't getting it. I'm oaky with that, as I thought they both would have been horrible Sports Directors. I like Frank in positions for the Billikens as he is a Bills suporter, but I thought his role in other areas was horrible.

I think Frank C. is a hard worker and I appreciate his support of SLU bball, but I don't think he is mature enough for the Sports Director's job at Channel 5.

At times during the Ricky Clemons era and during the NCAA bball investigation at Missouri, I have been surprised by some of Frank's early comments supporting Coach Q, his shots at the Bunge girl, his shots at the prof leading the internal investigation, etc. Perhaps he is too much of a fan at times (at least on the radio) .....just my opinion!

i love frank as well. but selfishly, if he is the sports director, he probably has to quit kfns and has to cease a lot of his fanship of the billikens. my gosh he is about all we got rooting for us in the electronic media world. i would hate to lose that.

as hard of a worker as frank seems to be, i truly think he would have been considered if he wanted the opportunity.

that is scary. coming from out of town, he could easily be a pro-sports guy and minimize franks slu focus. i hope that doesnt happen.

We need to get his email address and flood it with emails welcoming him to St. Louis and letting him know our thoughts on SLU sports. We can make the Bills look bigger to him then they are. We just need to be proactive

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman