Recruits...here we go again

So Brad is 0-4 in recruits? That's wonderful. When the big dogs come a-knockin', Brad goes back into the little puppy house. I've been telling you this since day one and no one seems to get it -- we need a bigger name Coach and someone who brings a philosophy where it doesn't matter about success on the court to land prized recruits. Why the HELL would someone want to go to college in Man-fu**ing-hattan, Kansas? To play for registered sex offender Huggins, that's why. We need a guy to come in here, clean house, open the arena up to the nation on ESPN or something, get Dick Vitale and Erin Andrews or Brent Musberger in the house, have 10,000 people rockin' the Billiken, something to make people forget what a bad call hiring Brad Soderberg was.

You guys are all idiots to think Soderberg has made a difference at SLU.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When SLU knocks off North Carolina, you'll be giggling like a school girl about Brad's big bald head as you were after the Charlotte game last season. You and '72 are the most manic depressive people I've ever seen.

PS Manhattan isn't that far away. Go jump on that bandwagon if you want to win at any cost and don't care what that sticky stuff is on the seats.......

When SLU upsets North Carolina, it will be because of turnovers and a lack of execution on behalf of the 30-point favorite Tar Heels. It will NOT be because Roy Williams was out-coached. WILL NOT be because Roy Williams was out-coached. Roy's assistants WILL NOT be out-coached by our crack-drill squad of assistants. Roy's Director of Basketball Operations will not be out-directed by Brian Bertucci. I love the kid, but UNC is world-class. IF SLU wins it will be great, but we will not win because of our coach. WILL NOT.

I guess SLU was lucky more often than not last year. This year is going to be a super-duper lucky one I think.

You can attribute our victories to what ever you'd like. Maybe those voodoo curses I've been trying are working a bit.

You are a putz

PS I'd take Roy over Brad to coach the Bills in a heartbeat. I wouldn't take Huggy or any other slimeball because I coundn't support the program in that case. Gregory was the other finalist. I'll take Brad over Gregory.......

>we need a bigger name Coach and someone who brings a philosophy where it doesn't matter about success on the court to land prized >recruits

Where to begin...

How about here: who exactly do you think we're going to get? Last I checked, Larry Brown and Dean Smith weren't fighting each other for the chance to coach the Bills...and it's not like we hired the Chaminade high school coach, Brad was an assistant in arguably the best basketball conference in the country for a team that perenially made the tournament and, in one case, went to the Final Four.

And do you really believe that anyone gets prized recruits without on the court success? Why do you think these coaches started getting recruits? Because they were winning and sending players to the pros. If and when we start to win consistently, then recruits will be more likely to choose SLU. Until then, we're probably going to need a hometown advantage to get anyone big-time.

Okay lets say the admin at SLU agrees with you and they decide they want to bring in your big name coach. Huggins is already at KSU and will not be leaving anytime soon. What coaches are out there that would fit for who you want, Steve Lavin, Jim Harrick, maybe Larry Eustachy, I am sure you can add a couple more names to this list.

Now I am sure that SLU would have no problem stepping up and paying these coaches the $750k or more a year to come here. After all we dropped the golf program so with that savings I am sure we have enough money around for this big name hiring.

If the athletic dept doesn't have the money, I am sure our alumni will step up to the plate and throw money in for this hiring. I guess the alumni were holding back their money from the arena so they could throw at this big name coach, that is why it took around 5 years to fundraise for the arena.

I wish we weren't 0 for 4 so far, but I am willing to wait and see about the last 2 yet, I am guessing Powell and Alexander. I think from looking at who we are recruiting for '07, you can see that Brad is not impressed much with the local kids. Whenever we are going for out of region kids it is going to be tough recruiting. I am still optimistic about the '08 class and feel that Brad as our coach is the best bet at bringing in this talent. Changing coaches after the season could cause us to lose out on this '08 class.

Manic depressive? C'mon, that's a little harsh...and to lump me in with Metz is indeed severe. That said, yeah, I'm depressed because we haven't had an NCAA invite in 7 years, have played barely over .500 ball in the same period, and other than TL and KL no real excitment on the recruiting front in the last five years. Hell, that's enough to depress anyone. Meanwhile, you get other new coaches who turn programs around in 2-3 years. And all those guys aren't cheaters. Look, I'm as excited about this year as any of the staunchest UB supporters. I hope we go to the sweet 16 and they extend him for 3 more years...but if we don't even make the dance, I think it's time to consider a new era at SLU that coincides with the new arena.

>When SLU upsets North Carolina, it will be because of

>turnovers and a lack of execution on behalf of the 30-point

>favorite Tar Heels.

OK. I am in. I got SLU +30 and you can have UNC. You seem pretty confident so I am guessing a couple hundred dollar bet is fair. Right?

Why do you continue to post on this board when you hate the Bills and hate SLU?

Huggins does not recruit by talking about his "location", he recruits by using street agents and under the table deals for players of questionable character. The fact that you are using Huggins as your example of what we should have as a coach shows that you are so out of touch with anything that involves Billiken athletics that it is obvious you should go to the K State website and post there and leave use to our ridiculous ideas of fair play, education, graduation and character.

We have a nice team with the potential for a very nice season. Your constant negative and ignorant posts are telling reminders of what happens in life when someone is overcome with bitterness and negativity. Go out and find something or some person that you like and make that the focus of your existance, not this drivel that you feel compelled to post constantly on this Billiken fan website.

>When SLU knocks off North Carolina, you'll be giggling like

>a school girl about Brad's big bald head as you were after

>the Charlotte game last season.

I'm not downing SLU, but do you realize that UNC brought in a recruitment class that is probably better than Ohio State's class w/ Oden & Co.???? UNC's freshman could comprise a team that would give SLU a run for their money.

Deon Thompson - Top 5 Center in 06

Alex Stephenson - 4 Star Center

Brandon Wright - #1 PF in 06

William Graves - Top 20 SF in 06

Wayne Ellington - #2 SG in 06

Tywon Lawson - #1 PG in 06

Considering that guys like Hansbrough, Terry, Green, and Frasor are still there, I can't see SLU coming close to an upset.

vtime, is this the moniker you want to stay with now? i am getting dizzy trying to keep up with all your board names.

please give me the name of that coach that "turned around" the program in 2 years. i assume you arent talking about one year wonders but sustained winning after just two years. i will be interested to know what coach successfully did just that and what the background of that particular program was prior to that coach being hired just two years prior.

I could bring up Studds but I won't. I could bring up Fortworthless Jim Wright but I won't. You'd just go FoleyAbramoff on me and before you know it the prophanity would be phlying......

By the way, amature athletics (at least here) is the least sullied part of our daily lives. Isn't that a sad thought.......

PS I feel less sullied after a Billikens game than after most of the church services I've been to....