Sky Frazier

I would much rather have Sky Frazier than Blake Ahearn. There was a little blurb in Sporting News Magazine that he is expected to start this year and has gotten his weight down to 255. People often talk about Blake, but I think Sky would have been much more useful to the team, considering we have Bryce and thats about it.

He averaged 7 ppg and 15 mpg.

Can we please stop the Ahearn crap. Almost everybody agrees we should have taken him.

I'm assuming Sky Frazier is from Borgia?

All this if we would have crap is stupid. Here is the only if we would have that I'm sure of ... If we would have went undefeated we would have won all our games.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

I know I saw Romar at Borgia games when Luke and Sky played together. I'm not sure how much Soderberg recruited Frazier.

Sky always had good skills. He was never very athletic — running and jumping — because he was always weighing more than he should have.

I just found a story I wrote about him.

Frazier said he weighed as much as 290 as a junior, but was around 250 at the beginning of his senior season.

He had scholarship offers from Northwestern, Northern Iowa, Evansville, Long Beach State and Lamar University in Texas.

- Nate

Just for the record I too would like to have Frazier. I am not sure at the expense of Ahearn as you suggest but Frazier can shoot the three well for a big man. He is much more versatile than Husak. It was the ability to shoot the three that was one of the major reasons Frazier received so much interest from Northwestern. As most of you know Northwestern runs the Princeton offense and therefore Nortwestern wants their 4 and 5 to have the ability to shoot the three ball.

But Future the problem with this discussion is BS didn't offer Frazier a schollie either. So once again we are back to the discussion of another local missed opportunity or is Frazier another misevaluation of talent. You make the call!

>Why the hell would anyone turn down a scholly from

>Northwestern to go to Missouri State?

Let's see:

Missouri State is closer to home than Northwestern.

Missouri State is better than Northwestern (Northwestern is perennially a Big Ten doormat, but Mo. St. competes for MVC championships.

He probably had friends at Mo. St.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

If someone offers me a full ride at one of the top schools in the country, you gotta believe I'm taking it instead of a full ride to Missouri State, no matter how close it is or how many of my friends were going there. That's not a knock against MO State, it's just that Northwestern is, well, Northwestern.

If my son were in that situation, there's no way I'm advising him to go to MO State.

Yes, Northwestern is a prestigious university, but Sky Frazier wants to play basketball. As a basketball school, Northwestern isn't on the same level as it is for academics.

Where you get your degree from isn't as important as the connections you establish. Moreover, many degrees are "regional." A degree from Northwestern may lead to a corporate job in metropolitan Chicago, but a degree from Missouri State may lead to a very good job in Springfield. Springfield may be more appealing than Chicago for some people.

I lived in Springfield for a year; it is hard to believe anyone under 65 could find it more appealing than the Evanston/Chicago area. I could see somebody finding it more appealing than Dayton or Carbondale. But then you are just comparing different levels of hell.

C'mon, no way a kid passes up a free ride to NW for MSU...just no way. Also, NW's rep goes way beyond metro Chicago area...it's nationally recognized. As for hoops, you want to play against Big Ten competition or MVC? Another no brainer.

But wouldn't the world be a much nicer place if they did?

I see thicks' point though - not everyone holds lofty aspirations, and I guess those are the people who choose MSU over NU if given the choice. My wife is a Northwestern grad, and their alumni magazine reads like a virtual "who's who" of leaders in business, politics, journalism, entertainment (the number of NU grads in Hollywood is astounding), etc. The opportunities afforded to NU grads are amazing - a degree from that school opens an incredible number of doors.

I fail to see why you all are arguing how a kid from Washington, MO would choose to go to Missouri State over Northwestern. I don't think it is that much of a stretch for a basketball player from Borgia to accept a scholarship offer from MSU over one from Northwestern. Luke Meyer chose SLU over Stanford, why don't you chastise him for choosing the lesser academic institution. Not all kids are going to choose the most prestigious institution out of the schools offering them scholarships. Not everyone wants to go to a school full of pompous ###### either.

SLU Vs Stanford isn't quite as big a gap as Southweast vs Northwestern.

Sadly, there are pompous types everywhere. If it was my kid, I'd council him to pick a big ten school in a top ten city and worry about him every night. Then again, I'd probably worry about him in Springfield too...

come on now ... choosing Mo St., doesn't mean you don't have lofty ambitions. Talk about sounding a bit pompous. I would think there are different definitions of what a lofty career is. Pesonally, I think Chicago sucks ...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

I have a very, very, very difficult time believing that Frazier had a scholarship "offer" from Northwestern. Could he have been mildly recruited by Northwestern..... of course ..... he was 6-8 and may have had grades good enough for Northwestern.

Frazier's parents would have being highly impressed with a Northwestern offer. "If" Sky was fearful he would be getting in over his head in the BigTen ....I think he would have also been over his head against the likes of Memphis, Louisville, Cincy, DePaul, etc.

With no SLU offer, the SMS offer was at the right level and the closest to home....so he wisely took it. Good luck to the young man!