Bonner & Vashon

pakapablo

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but,

Andy Strickland just reported on 380AM that Vashon / STL School Board has contacted AB about being the next Wolverine head coach. After first asking for time to consider the request AB has informed those asking that he is interested.

This has the potential to be a big problem.

If AB gets the Vashon job I am wondering what his feelings are for his Alma Mater after we pretty much forgotten him. We better get Powells verbal soon or we can kiss another recruit good-bye.

Let's hope AB doesn't fall into the SWIC Campo group.

i'd like to add to sheltie dave's post, not only was anthony at this past billiken club meeting and in very good spirits towards the fellow billiken boosters, he has attended a number of billiken club meetings over the past few years. he even got and took the microphone a couple of years ago to comment on his leaving his russian team after 9/11. "i got on the first thing smoking and got out of there".

if he is so upset at saint louis university, he has done a very good job of hiding that anger.

If Bonner was to teach or hold an administrative position in the school district that job would be much better than anything the ABA could offer. That league pays players a couple hundred a game and coaches and GMs get a pittance. Plus the fact that most of the teams rarely survive a whole season and this looks like a much better oppurtunity for AB.

>Would Bonner be able to juggle the Stampede (or whatever the

>name of the new ABA team is) and Vashon? Do their seasons

>overlap? I would imagine the ABA gig would be more

>lucrative, though the Vashon job would feature more job

>security.

seasons dont overlap. If you remember Irons coached the Skyhawks while still holding his coaching position at Vashon

In Missouri all Bonner has to do is be a substitute teacher and work one day a year in that capacity. He does not have to teach but he must hold at least a temporary substitute teaching certificate which he can get renewed each year based on that he has 60 college credits. That is how he would qualify for the job.