A death in our extended family

bauman

In spite of our occasional disputes, we are all members of the Billikens.com family. I was sorry to read in this mornings P-D about the death of one of our frequent poster's father-Prof. Wm. Bonwich. Joe, I am sorry for your loss and will keep you and your father in my prayers. From reading the article, it seems that you have a lot to be proud of with regard to your dad, even in his death by his donation of his body to medical science.

Peace to you and your family.

Bauman

My condolences also.

And I also have the sad task to report the death of another beloved faculty member-- Professor Tom Moisan of English, one of the world's well-known Shakespeare scholars and also a rabid NY Yankees fan. We will all miss him very much and if any list members ever had Prof. Moisan, I am sure you will feel the loss also.

Thank you all for your thoughts. Here's a link to Dad's obituary:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stor...75?OpenDocument

And anyone who's been through this knows how your mind can wander at such a time. Dad's and my seats are reasonably close to Skip, and although I'm sure Skip is probably a devout guy in private, I could imagine one form his prayers might take:

"Hey, St. Peter! Yeah, *you*! Whaddaya mean, you haven't let that guy in yet? What do you have, clouds in your eyes? I've seen better gatekeepers at CYC games!!! What, do you only do what your boyfriend -- Satan -- tells you?" (At this point, St. Andrew Frain, patron saint of ushers, intervenes and politely asks Skip to sit down, or perhaps even kneel down. Skip accedes, but grudgingly, letting loose one last prayer/taunt.) "Come on, Pete, have some guts and make the call!"

(See you in about three months, Skip.)