Please continue your Floyd Irons debate here

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bernie is saying irons will be his guest at 3:20 pm.

slaten said that he has invited irons but irons refused. slaten will have the school board president on in the 3 pm hour and is promising an unnamed guest at 4 pm that will have a lot of first hand information as well.

In response to a few posts ...

Grand and Kingshiway don't cross ... they may be selling dope somewhere between the 2, but not on the corner.

Floyd is a racist ... Nick was looking forward to playing for a Black coach ... I don't remember the exact quote, but that is basically what Floyd said. I could see a white player opting out when Romar came and saying the same thing ... Floyd himself would have been in an uproar.

Floyd can't just make a call and get a player in a camp. You overestimate him

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

Vol fan said

half the kids I went to Vashon with had

>starter jackets and air jordans but they still got free

>lunch. Me, I didn;t get free lunch and I wore dopeman nikes

>all 4 years(the same ones). So that is a great example, you

>can have all the freshest gear in the world if you work at

>McDonalds. Quit Faking the Funk Vtime.

I was reading this thread for entertainment puposes only. But earlier Vol Fan said he graduated from Vason in 1978. Michael Jordan was born in 1963 I am pretty sure he didn't have a shoe contract at 15. I also don't remember starter jackets in the 70's. I smell a rat.

Printer-friendly page | Top

volfan

Member since Jan-19-04

120 posts, 7 feedbacks, -8 points Jul-12-06, 02:38 PM (CST)

130. "RE: VOL Fan"

In response to message #127

My apologies I meant 1988

Vol fan also wrote:

was honors in my class at Vashon. I graduated with Law degree from SLU. I have served 4 years in the marines and I have worked here in ST.Louis for AB for the last 10 in their leagal dept. I also played football and baseball at Vashon too. Until you can top that, your are small potatoes Vtime.

Let's see:

Graduated from vashon 1988

Graduatd from SLU with BA 1992

Graduated from SLU law 1995

Four years in the Marines 1999

Ten years in the legal dept of AB 2009 oops!!

That is my point to Vtime don't believe everything you here or read.. I did graduate from the V in 1988, am not a lawyer, NO. Just rrying to get my point across. I am just a poor school teacher in the Webster School District teaching Chemistry. I graduated from SLu in 1992 with an education degree.

So you are right up there from Vtime and believeing everything you read. I do not believe everybody on this board considering you just joined which you are probably vtime under a different name. SO good try vtime.

Former school board member Dr. Amy Higgelman just stated that Floyd named the court after himself with out district approval. Collected money for no uniform Fridays and never handed it over. Beat up a 13 yo student and then had his brother arrest him saying he matched the description of 23 robbery suspect.

the naming of the court coincides with the before listed expense for the gym floor. i was wondering how in the world that expense made sense as a new gym floor would have cost a hell of a lot more. but to paint irons court on the floor wouldnt.

this dr amy was tremendously interesting and i hope she can back up the stuff she alleged because otherwise she is in for one hell of a lawsuit.

besides the assault and the self naming not approved gym floor, my favorite was when irons was principal, he used to declare that the students could wear out of dress code on each friday assuming they paid a dollar on the entrance to the school to floyd. at 900 students and ever week, floyd was grossing about $45k a year in tax free cash!

>the naming of the court coincides with the before listed

>expense for the gym floor. i was wondering how in the world

>that expense made sense as a new gym floor would have cost a

>hell of a lot more. but to paint irons court on the floor

>wouldnt.

>

>this dr amy was tremendously interesting and i hope she can

>back up the stuff she alleged because otherwise she is in

>for one hell of a lawsuit.

>

>besides the assault and the self naming not approved gym

>floor, my favorite was when irons was principal, he used to

>declare that the students could wear out of dress code on

>each friday assuming they paid a dollar on the entrance to

>the school to floyd. at 900 students and ever week, floyd

>was grossing about $45k a year in tax free cash!

Sounds like the goverment giving no bid contacts out for the illegal Iraq war.

ON KSDK Channel 5 News at 5, they talked to Superintendent Greg Williams. He said that he wasn't consulted about the decision and did not agree with it. He said that he like his duties being micromanaged and his authority diluted by the board. He said although he doesnt agree with it, he may stick by the board's decision.

Dr.Williams should be more concerned about the Schoold district its self and not about a basketball coach like Irons who does nothing for the district. He doesn't do anything great for the PHL, he wins games and championships. He doesn't make money for the league, atleast Bobby Knight made money for the Univerasity, FLOJO doesn't.

I am not saying FLOJO is guilty of all these things or not but some of these accusation have to be true b/c there are multiple sources. He is not Saint, and he does recruit but that rumor has been around for years and hell the Mckinneys lived down the street from me in Normandy, but all power to Jimmy, he is a great kid,

An example, is when I was going grwoing up my neighbor was a nice guy, he went to church and always seem a like a great guy, but one day the police came and smashed down his door. He was arrested for cocain and selling it and was taken away.

My point Vtime., is you can not judge a book by its cover, Floyd has done wrong wheather you want to believe it or not.

The question I'd ask is does the School Board have to report to the Superintendent in any manner other than in the way they did it. If not, then they followed their own rules and what's done is done. But I would say that Williams is well versed in spin doctoring .... he is stating what I am sure is factual and in some cases is his opinion, but then he's transtioning the interview to where HE wants to go ... disresepct, red flags, time consumption .... all of which are peripheral to the real Irons issue. Williams looks great in his statements. More power to him. Either he's smart or has smart handlers.

To go back to some things on the other thread .... US Congressman BILL Clay? While I appreciate the defense from broy as to where I live, I have long heard of BILL Clay. I have NEVER heard of LACY Clay. Whether or not I know him, or Chris Bond, or Mitch McConnell, or Wayne Allard does not change what I said ... which is you are deluding yourself if you think politicians don't examine whats in it for them before they decide on their proper level of inaction. All Bill/Lacy did was instruct a staffer to pen a letter supporting a constituent and then mail it and/or call for press coverage. Folks in his district went "Right on Bill/Lacy," cementing him even deeper with those folks. Those in his district that ignored it aren't going to vote for Bill/Lacy anyway, and last time I checked he was pretty well ensconced in his seat now for how many years?

I really do like the way you have decided that listening to me or volfan is now not an option for you. I am not trying to persuade you on anything Irons .... you are Iron-clad in a way .... all I'm saying is what I said before in another thread, you have to examine all the facts and make your own decision as to what you believe. In this case, the evidence on Floyd is pretty hard to ignore. I went to your posted article and took the poll on it about the Irons firing decision, the results are running about 50/50 as to guilty or not (that's taking in the two decisions that say the firing was good and the two that say otherwise --28/17 on one side with 23/17 on the other). I consider that typical given the demographics of St. Louis. Oh well....

I am also in the camp with skip and three-star that says why fire him as the coach? I think you are right in that he probably could have been given a year-long farewell tour and all that. I am sure he has done lots of good things as you state. I don't find him to be all that evil; I also don't find him to be a messiah either, his psot-Vashon record, the one built by his ahtletic graduates, is p*ss poor. However, his transgression are numerous and for that, he should have had to trade off a lot to get the tour. But you don't sh*t in the bed you sleep in and Irons must've did that with enough school board members and the payback is what it is. I do not believe we have seen the last of Floyd on the local St. Louis scene. Cripes, if Marion Barry can get reelected after video evidence of marital infidelity and cocaine abuse, anything is possible in the black community that I am so out of touch with.

By the way, I am making no comments about what's going on at Vashon High School ... I am commenting on a school board decision to fire an icon. If Floyd were at Clayton, Ladue or Pattonville, the same would apply. Ever heard of Pete Pompey? Dunbar High School? Baltimore? Mugsy Bogues, Reggie Lewis, Sam Cassell, Tommy Polley Dunbar High School?

I will admit that you are right in that I am out of touch with the black community. I don't live and breathe it every day and if one does not, one cannot be totally in touch, can they? I've defined racism on here once before so I won't go there again but you guys that wear the "racism" badge and flash it when you please and when its suits you are really funny.

With Clay and Williams on his side, get ready for "Show Me the Money" because it is sure to follow. With no jail time on the horizon, IF Irons doesn't sue, well, that will tell me that the evidence against him is so voluminous that he's going to put his tail between his legs and fade away. Irons doens't strike me as that type.

Hint: Watch the bottom line, not the opening salvo ... many folks ballyho the press conference announcing the filing of a law suit. The press coverage is all their looking for. Later, when the case is thrown out or a settlement occurs, no says much of anything if its not indicative of the pomp used during the filing. And why is it that "terms of the settlement were not discussed?" Because the parties agree not to do that so neither looks good or bad in the court of public opinion.

I'm done with this one.

Right below the golf ad on the story you posted ..... under "Related Link." Please remember that th enumbers I wuoted were also a snapshot in time at the time I voted. These will likely change after each (1,000) vote is recorded.

P.S. I dont' think you can vote more than once ... that's the way most linked polls work anyway.

I dont want to give Irons too much credit for any of them. He's their coach, not their father. He made them the ball players they are. The path they chose after they left his side was their own. You know the conditions these kids live in, the odds are against them, but the majority of kids in city schools are good. I see that everyday at Harris-Stowe, but it doesnt take many bad apples to make the whole bunch look bad.