Kalen Grimes

>His buddy sounds like a real class act.

>

>http://www.columbiatribune.com/2006/Jun/20060628News005.asp

Yeah, he tried to make an innocent Grimes the fall guy. I'm glad they arrested Woodley and not Grimes. Woodley is now a repeat felon and also not a very good friend. Kalen should be lucky that he isnt guilty by association and needs to choose his friends wiser. This kind of incident probably wouldn't happen to him had he chosen SLU.

I cannot imagine that Kalen is too innocent of all of this. It is hard for me to believe he would not have known what his boi was up to.

On another note, do you think minor incidents, not saying this is minor but Grimes name is mentioned where he on all counts is an innocent party, would be less likely to come out in a big city like St. Louis since the police department has much more on its plate than Boone County?

>I cannot imagine that Kalen is too innocent of all of this.

>It is hard for me to believe he would not have known what

>his boi was up to.

>

>On another note, do you think minor incidents, not saying

>this is minor but Grimes name is mentioned where he on all

>counts is an innocent party, would be less likely to come

>out in a big city like St. Louis since the police department

>has much more on its plate than Boone County?

You can't imagine? I can. People you call your friends get you in sticky situations all the time. Especially when you're young. Sometimes all you can hope is that your buddy does the right thing and doesnt take you down with him.

I have been in many sticky situations due to the behavior of my friends. I specifically recall to mind a time my buddy "Rudy" started an altercation with a group of wrestlers from the University of Iowa. It just seems a little strange that Kalen's car would have a stolen credit card and several student ids in it and he have no idea where it came from.

>I have been in many sticky situations due to the behavior of

>my friends. I specifically recall to mind a time my buddy

>"Rudy" started an altercation with a group of wrestlers from

>the University of Iowa. It just seems a little strange that

>Kalen's car would have a stolen credit card and several

>student ids in it and he have no idea where it came from.

They were left in there by Woodley. Woodley stole credit cards and was using them. He purchased stuff. Grimes didnt go around buying anything. This is Woodley's second time with the same crime. Grimes only crime was letting his black sheep friend ride with him and not checking the car after he dropped him off.

i just checked my car and i dont have any of my friends or family's credit cards in my car. but i guess if they wanted to store their stuff in my car that would be ok.

geez.

>i just checked my car and i dont have any of my friends or

>family's credit cards in my car. but i guess if they wanted

>to store their stuff in my car that would be ok.

>

>geez.

friends of mine leave stuff in my car all the time. I find old gum wrappers, dollars, change, empty drioks etc. If someone laid down in the backseat it might take me days to find something back there if I'm not looking. I have friends that "aren't quite right" and I would probably give them because that's the kind of person I am, loyal, and give people the benefit of the doubt. I assume that people are good in nature and will do the right thing. I'm sorry to read that for some reason, some you guys want Grimes to be implicated. As racist as Columbia is, if Grimes were guilty of something he would've been charged.

you forget though he is a member of the mi$$ouri basketball team. that entitles one to a number of get out of jail free cards to use.

btw, old gum wrappers, empty drinks etc are not credit cards and atm cards.

I just read the article. It is quite suspicious that there wasn't just wallet's missing from the party. But also ID's and credit cards missing from people who weren't even there. I agree that if they had something, they would have charged him. But it is very suspicious at best.

And sure people leave things in my car all the time. It's gonna happen. But i would find it hard to believe that he has no idea his friends are a bunch of thieves. And if he is accepting of such things, it's hard to believe he doesn't take part himself or at least reap the benefits.

I'm sure Grimes could've partaken, just like the young lady did, and now she's in trouble. Kalen's smarter than that and probably felt like hurting woodley, when he, and I'm just speculating slid some cards under a backseat or in the glove box. This isnt Peter Warrick and Lavernueas Coles. Its repeat offender Alex Woodley and fellow athlete Kalen Grimes. It's hard for me to believe Grimes would do something stupid when he is entrenched as the starting center on a team that is supposed to be surprising good and optimistic with the new coach and talented recruits, including top rated juco point Stefton Hannah.

it seems to me if stolen credit cars are found in your car, and your car was seen at the scene of a crime, and acknowledged to drive away the criminal, one certainly could make a case that you are an accomplice to the crime. Stealing the stuff is one crime using the cards is the second.

and Grimes did neither. The question of this is whether he knowlingly aided this kid and I have to believe that he didn't. Grimes is no rich kid, if they had anything on him, he would've been charged. Circumstancial evidence at best.

Grimes may not be a rich kid, but many people affiliated with the University of Missouri and its basketball program are. I was never trying to throw Grimes under the bus, I know very little about the kid beyond what I see on the basketball court. I just find it interesting that these items were found in his car and he was at these parties with the football player and he had no idea of what was going on.

robs a bank and you drive him away and then they find money stolen in your car, one can make a case that you were involved. I am not saying Grimes should have been arrested and charged, but he came awfully close to getting in serious trouble.

Actually we do not know if grimes did neither. We are presuming he did not steal anything. Seems as though there was a great deal taken for only one guy to have done all the lifting.

You are telling me that Grimes had no clue he had stolen credit cards in his car? That seems very funny to me. How do you let someone into your car and not notice that they have left credit cards in there? To say he had no clue is a lie. He might not have used the credit cards but he knew what was going on. Good to see VTIME has got the back of all the black athletes in the world.

billikenman, dont forget, vtime has told us before that he is all for coaches cheating when recruiting to keep up with other cheating programs. so we know where his ethics are at. this shouldnt surprise you.

"you forget though he is a member of the mi$$ouri basketball team. that entitles one to a number of get out of jail free cards to use."

Missouri athletics deserves much of the criticism it gets, but this one is absurd. If anything, I think the prosecutors and police in Columbia go out of their way to nail these guys. From a strictly legal standpoint aside from the issue of athletics, I can tell you first hand (as a lawyer, not as a defendant) that it is very hard to make things simply go away in Boone County, Missouri. It is much, much easier to do so in St. Louis, particularly in the city.

>You are telling me that Grimes had no clue he had stolen

>credit cards in his car? That seems very funny to me. How do

>you let someone into your car and not notice that they have

>left credit cards in there? To say he had no clue is a lie.

>He might not have used the credit cards but he knew what was

>going on. Good to see VTIME has got the back of all the

>black athletes in the world.

I think VTime is off the mark on a lot of stuff too, but your last sentence is uncalled for. He doesn't deserve that.

"He might not have used the credit cards but he knew what was going on."

"To say he had no clue is a lie."

You sound pretty sure about that. Can you prove it? In my opinion he probably did know what was going on but I doubt anyone here konws for sure whether he did or didn't know. And just because someone looks guilty doesn't mean that they always are. People have left things in my car before that I hadn't noticed till they called me and told me they were missing it. Thankfully for me I have never had anyone leave anything illegal in my car but if they did there is no guarantee that I would find it right away.