Nice going BRoy

jmolina

Heard ya on KFNS this morning. Presented yourself well bro. You sound much better than about 90% of these clowns who call every-friggin'-day and think Fans590 is going to hire them or something.

Drop me a line and we'll talk about that upcoming McKendree game.

[email protected]

BTW, I'm told *NAIABASKETBALL.NET* should have a board coming up soon. I'm already on their football board NAIAFOOTBALL.NET

Check it out. It's very nicely organized.

frank had earl austin on this morning. i happened to see a couple of local 3 on 3 games at the sportsplex in belleville last night, so i asked earl about jb jones and who is recruiting him. imo, jb is the best local guard in the senior class this year and you hear nothing about jb getting recruited by anyone.

earl said that at one time there was belief that the mvc teams would recruit him, but he did not specifically mention any of the schools that might be chasing him.

we then threw around the fact that belleville west is really well balanced this year with a lot of weapons and i remarked to frank and earl that i am eagerly looking forward to the west/althoff game later this year. both agreed.

that was about the extent of the call.

jb is at least the best available guard. since we dont know if polk is recovered or not, it wouldnt surprise me if jones was better, but there is no denying that the pre-injury polk was pretty impressive, but right now, we dont know what polk is capable of. jones looked fantastic last nite.

i didnt even acknowledge tiger tim was there. besides, i have no use for much of anything he says with his tiger ravings and all. we had nothing to discuss. frank and earl though are solid gold as far as i am concerned. they are the only people i make an effort to hear on sports radio.

unfortunately, i had to get to a meeting right after my call so i didnt hear the rest of the show.

Tim McKernan is good people. If you send him an email,

he will reply. I asked him to call me one time for what I thought

was an urgent matter and he got back to me within two hours. Not all of the St. Louis media will give you that kind of courtesy 100% of the time. Much of the time it's a case of, "I'll get back to you if and when I can." Don't hate a guy just because he's a Mizzou fan. Heck, I like the Tigers too. I just don't bring it on here.

My only beef with Tiger Tim is refuses to even discuss Billiken basketball, he will deny its existence if Frank isn't there. He also razzes Frank about his love for SLU.

I loved seeing McKernan getting B****slapped on the air by his boss Savard on channel 4 a couple weeks ago. Did anyone else see that? It was priceless. Thicks should call up Channel 4 and geta recording of it and post it on the site.

probably my last straw with tigertim was the day the missouri prof was on and ripping into pretty q and the whole ordeal. tigertim went out of his way to defend the tigers imo and really put that prof down as much as he could. my gosh, what the hell is there to defend?

>

>I loved seeing McKernan getting B****slapped on the air by

>his boss Savard on channel 4 a couple weeks ago. Did anyone

>else see that? It was priceless.

Actually that was a pretty bush league move on the part of

Savard. I haven't spoken with anyone who feels otherwise. Up to now, that is............

CentFLBilliken - Here is an excerpt from Dan Ceasar's sports media collumn in the Post --

McKernan began one of his segments by citing the lead headline on the Web site of Fox Sports, which said "MARTZ THE MORON" above a story about the game. Savard, who had done the radio broadcast but had returned to St. Louis to anchor the "Sports Sunday" show, fired back in what some saw as a shot at McKernan.

"On this show let's be careful on how many Web sites we quote, and particularly irresponsible Web sites," Savard told McKernan on the air. "Because calling somebody a moron is in no way journalism. It's irresponsible. And I think guys who write those headlines are weasels and don't have to be held accountable and answer to coaches."

Then he put McKernan on the spot, asking him, "Am I right?"

McKernan, who looked surprised, said "I suppose so. It was a prominent Web site and I was surprised to see it in as big a headline as it was." (Looked surprised is an understatement, Mckernan's eyes bugged out like a cartoon characters, and he stammered his way through the rest of the report)

http://tinyurl.com/o14i

JMolina I did think it was a poor move by Savard, but it was stupid of McKernan to put it in his report as well. Both of them were thoroughly embarrassed by the situation and since I don't really care for either of them I took some enoyment out of their obvious public gaffe. I don't know either of them personally but from listening to frank's show on a daily basis and seeing Savard host shows on TV I think they both are unproffessional buffoons.

CentFLBilliken,

I read about it on Bernie's Press Box website. It was all about the fact that the Fox Sports website had a huge headline after the first Rams game against the Giants...Martz is a Moron! I believe Tim made reference to it that Sunday night (Steve Savard who does both the sports for the CBS St. Louis station and is the radio voice for the Rams). Anyway Savard ate Tim a new arse on his Sunday sports show for bringing that up.

Frankly, I'm really wondering if Fox wasn't on to something, especially since Martz played most of that Giants game with a QB who had suffered a concussion.

Past history shows it is clear Fox Sports had it right. You make a move like a moron ..over and over again... you probably are a moron ... He is a good offensive coordinator at best. Now that defenses have figured him out a little he can't ( or hasn't ) adjusted.