College Notes....

1. "Breaking Rocks in the Hard Sun" - Ricky fought the law and the law won. The Bobby Fuller Four, what a great song. Ricky will hopefully learn his lesson after doing that hard time (Just please don't drop that soap Ricky). Ricky ia a good talent and Coach Snyder (along with the University of Missouri administration} has stood by him - but enough is enough. The guy is now in prison - thank you Too a young woman and a judge for drawing the line

2. Negative and Positive numbers - We all learned the value of these numbers in grade school but look for the negative numbers Too once again rear their ugly head in Billiken Basketball season ticket holder renewals. There is absolutely NO excitement over the recruiting class and no "Marque" player.

3. Triangle's favorite school name - Evidently after the board of regents once again voted Too continue the football program at the University of TOOLANE (after losing millions upon millions, year after year) the president is going Too go after the NCAA BCS football policy. Football schools that have absolootely no chance of getting a split of those big time BCS bucks (the large majority) must unite - the ace in the hole - ban them from the NCAA basketball tournament.

4. The "Big Dog" gets notice - Mike DeCoursy has an excellent article on Arthur Johnson (the University of Misouri) in this week's Sporting News. He will be the leading player on this year's USA Pan American entry and will gain vast experience in playing with the new trapezoid lane, he is on a mission. Ricky Paulding will also gain a berth if his injury heals. The Fighting Tigers could have TOO players trying Too gain the Gold for the United States of America.

5. College Disgrace - With the ACC presidents taking this tour of certain Big East schools, it just goes Too show you what a farce this whole thing is. What were they looking for, restaurants? - hey take a trip Too Syracuse during the winter - idiots. Did anyone notice that Arizona and Arizona St. had left for the Pac 8 - Did anyone notice that Arkansas had left for the SEC - id anyone really notice that there was no longer an SWC?????? Triangle says combine the 2 conferences Toogether - 2 divisions in football and 4 divisions in basketball - everyone will get their piece of the money pie.

6. NBA sucks - Are these 2 teams Trooly the best teams in the NBA???? If so, the NBA is in a lot of trouble and it will continue unless there is some agreement reached about drafting stupid college players that have no business entering the draft just because they don't like Too go Too class. Score a basket once in awhile guys, poolllease.

7. "No "Initial" Starting Lineup" - IO and AD are now out of our Billiken starting lineup. Coach Soderberg will again be committed Too the 3 guards with Brandon, Reggie and Josh with Chris and Mr. Frericks making some kind of attempt on the inside. Our inside bench will have Too come up strong - big time - for any kind of a .500 record.

8. NIT snubs our Billikens - the pre-season NIT lineups are out and our Billikens are no where Too be found. The NIT committee stuck their neck out and awarded a post season home game Too the Saviss and our Billikens only Too be rewarded by poor attendance and a poor game effort against the Gophers. Too bad the fans, the players, and the coaching staff did not recogonize the effort that AD Woolard put inToo getting that home game.

9. X-man and the Billiken future - With Xavier Price making a commitment Too Purdue, will a top local "offensive" talent ever sign on the dotted line at SLU - Triangle says NO - not as long as Coach Soderberg is coaching. Be it wrong - and it might very well be wrong - his defense "first" style reputation is not what these kids want Too play. Side Note - CUSA's future?????? - it is now even tougher.

10. Ricky P and the Trooth - Coach Pitino had Too do a double take and claim that he was talking about CUSA football - welL the joke was on him - he was talking about both football and basketball, they are both a joke. CUSA football (well enough said) and remember, he is not used Too playing against the sparse crowds on those road trips Too the far reaches of the CUSA conference. Not Too mention CUSA's falling in the RIP conference rankings. You were right the first time Ricky.

11. Minnie Liars - 2 years ago Rickie R. backed out of his verbal commitment Too the University of Arizona amd signed with the Golden Gophers - now Duke prospect Kris Humphries (see Billiken shooting guard recruit Darren Clarke's high school team) has backed out of his obligation. Triangle has had many experiences with those Minnesota fisherman lying about a Muskie, but this is getting ridiculous.

12.Razorback Mania - Coach Heath has now gotten the SOO-IE crowd back in the basketball mode with the signing of PF Al Jefferson and a top 5 recruiting class. Within the next 2 years, Coach Heath is going Too take the Razorbacks back inToo the college basketball elite. He is a superb coach and recruiter, both offensively and defensively and can recruit in both directions.

13. Why Even Bother Category - Too think that there were posters on this board that wanted Floyd Irons as our Billiken's basketball coach is just ridiculous. His recent comments about a "possible rift" between Jimmy Mac and Coach Snyder were absolutely stupid. Coach Snyder's comments on KFNS were directed towards his inability in recruiting local "Mac All Americans" and his disappointment in not getting David Lee - it had nothing Too do with Jimmy Mac. Could you imagine David Lee on this year's Tiger team????????????

14. Outlaw Washington - Just what Coach Ricky N. needed was one of Coach Romar's staff being caught for multiple recruiting contact violations and now he can't even enter a friendly neighborhood NCAA basketball pool. AD "Between The Hedges" is scrambling Too clean up a progrm that is her fault, she hired these people, she is the one who should go. The point is, name Triangle 5 NCAA coaches (the sport doesn't matter) who didn't participate in some kind of innocent NCAA basketball Tournatment pool? Give Triangle a break -- SOO the Huskies Rick.

15. Careful With That Ax Eugene - Thanks for the supportive comments by PinkFloyd - Yes freedom of speech is still part of America.

so it goes.......

Too, your comments on Ricky doing "hard time" must be qualified just a bit. He'll be let out of the slammer each day to attend summer school classes. I wonder if the taxpayers of the state are footing that tuition bill? It's insightful to see how far some coaching staffs and univesity administrators will go to keep star players elgible. It certainly let's us know what their core values are really all about.

I'm not ready to write IO off as a starter just yet. There are a number of things I wish IO did better. However, he does somethings well that can present real matchup problems for the opposition such as having to guard a 6'10'' forward who can put the ball on the floor and also hit a perimeter jumper. He is also a great option on breaking the full court press. Time will tell, but I believe he is going to get some significant minutes this year, as a starter or otherwise.

bart you are trying to reason with a person that apparently thinks there is no difference between putting $1 in a pot for a friendly ncaa pool and investing thousands of dollars in a big time gambling pool ala slick nueheisel.

T & T,

Trust me when I tell you that Rick New Weasel got what he deserved. This guy is the epitome of a slime ball, and it has way more to do with all of his transgressions and they are many than just betting in a NCAA pool. Your comment about Babs Hedges may turn out to be true, as my understanding is the UW Huskies will be hiring a new Pres. If that is the case then Babs will need to watch her backside, as many Pres. like to have their own AD, and UW may wind up to be no different.

I'm not ready to give up on this year's Billiken team until I get a chance to see them play some games.

Why would anyone consider giving up on this year's Billiken team. This year's team should be deeper, more athletic, more versatile, and better offensively than last year's team, and last year's team was one bucket away from the NCAAs.

Are we paying Too for his insights into college sports? Geez, I hope not. Just out of curiosity, what was Too's projection for last year's team in regards to final record? My guess would be he had us pegged for about 11 wins. Quite the expert old TooPac is. Will we be better this year? That is a toughie, but I think if Reggie B can handle MP's role at a 50% level we'll be ok. Watch out for CS this year. I'm projecting he averages 10-12 ppg's and about 5-6 rpg's.

Neuheisel was not just let go because of the gambling thing. It was a convenient excuse to get him canned and a way to probably let him go for less money since he broke ncaa rules. Wash was not happy with him, he had poor teams and his recruiting was subpar, his gambling just made it easier to let him go. Without this flap he still would not have been HC there after this coming year without huge improvements on the field.