Is Ramsey the Eagle? (Anti-SLU posts at A-10 forum)

davidnark

Nark,

Thanks for the heads up on another moron slamming SLU. You'd hope that Ramsey has more sense than to go on the A-10 website and diss the Billikens. The information this person cited was bogus and thanks for setting those people straight.

It doesn't have to be an on-air personality. The writing of "Eagle" is atrocious, and I don't know if anyone I've heard on air at KFNS would write that badly.

One thing's for sure, "Eagle" is no Billikens fan. Also, he isn't very knowledgeable either. I had an idea that it might be another incarnation of flueg/Triangle & Too, but unless Too is also an unrepentant racist, the writing style of "Eagle" is quite different from Too's (then again, I wouldn't put it past that caricaturist to switch styles based on whatever is convenient for dissing the Billikens). His "worst team in 20 years" statement aside, Ramsey has too much knowledge of the SLU program and history to spout most of the garbage I read from "Eagle," unless he wants to avoid traveling to A-10 cities just that much.

No, when I read "Eagle's" nonsense, I think of the AAU Eagles and Mike Martin/pistol/butter33 (or whoever). I don't recall butter33 writing like that here, but his sentiments seem most similar to those of "Eagle."

Empty houses at Savvis? When were those? Attendance may be only around 9,000, but that's hardly empty.

Eagle sounds more like Tim M. I'm disappointed that anyone would infer that this was Ransey's doings. The posters that said that Ramsey was advocating MVC membership should be ashamed of themselves. Apparently, he said nothing of the sort, according to later posters.

more likely it is nobody who works at KFNS. This guy is just an idiot. I don't really get to other boards but Nark you should reply to why you called this guy a liar.

My older bro played for spoon at SLU. and my younger bro is Tommy L. who is going to sign with SLU.

I beleive that would make Tommy L. the brother of a Bill that played for SLU. I think we would know if that was true ... plus he has a sister attending SLU now and a brother (aka the eagle) who works for KFNS.

This guy is very well connected.

I wish I could be him

Ramsey has been a positive on SLU athletics and I'm not aware of anything negative that has occurred to cause him to affirmatively trash SLU on a message board. The more juvenile nature of the messages you describe would lead me to believe that perhaps the poster is Tim McKernan [sic].

As to the MVC versus A10-- I think it's a moot point. The numbers previously set forth show that the A10 is a much stronger division than the MVC. I have nothing against the MVC, but I think SLU has much more to gain by being in the A10. Hopefully, memebership in the A10 will give SLU exposure on the Eastern seaboard and help to enhance recruiting students from that area of the country.

i dont think the vernacular sounds like ramsey. could be our good friend (dripping with sarcasm) clayborne though. that sounds like his style to me.

j, i think claiborne hates slu so much he would do that. i have never heard him speak of slu in the last 10 years without a patronizing putdown comment. claiborne's views about slu is the reason i do not listen to their afternoon show anymore.

as much as i dislike tigertim, i cant see him speaking in the style posted either. unless that intention is just to throw off the dogs. that said, tigertim is so proud of his views, again, i just dont think he would disguise his words. not tigertim.

>j, i think claiborne hates slu so much he would do that. i

>have never heard him speak of slu in the last 10 years

>without a patronizing putdown comment. claiborne's views

>about slu is the reason i do not listen to their afternoon

>show anymore.

I don't think he cares enough about SLU bball to comment. Never saw him once last year on press row.

j, he has p!ssed on slu so much over the years and went out of his way to make sure everyone knows he doesnt think slu is a credible basketball program that he couldnt attend slu at the final four without looking like a hypocrit.

when i used to listen, i always thought it was ironic that it appeared his most knowledgeable topic was hockey but he used to be a billiken color announcer and he was a sports agent for a few football players. weird.