the times they are a changin' (humorous)

two of today's trends that just baffle me are the wearing the hat backwards and the pants down to the point the underwear is showing. how does either of those effects impress anyone. the wearer looks silly as hell. i lmao at that "look" every time i see it. i just find it hard to believe it impresses anyone to have your underwear out or to have your hat on backwards or crooked like some sort of jughead.

Being on the younger side (24) I don't find anything wrong with it. I could not imagine wearing pants so high up on your waist. I don't wear pants with azz sticking out but I don't wear them up to my shoulders either.

One thing that really bugs me is casual work clothes. If you are at work you either wear a uniform or a suit. At my father's company people look like they came to work with what they slept in the previous night. Some boomer came up with this dumb idea, hopefully it will be gone by the time my generation is leading the workforce.

Remember a decade not to long ago called the 70's????? Did any of you ever own a leisure suit? How about bell bottoms? What the hell decade was it that the really ugly big plaid patterned pants were popular? (as seen on really old guys in the good seats) I'd rather be sporting a little butt crack than plaid or bell bottoms of any variety. In my opinion it's better to look like you just got out of the joint than to look like your mother bought your causual clothes in 1950, or 1973, or at the Salvation Army. I'll take the hip hop culture over the disco era any day.

You are right, many businesses now most people wear casula clothes to work. I look at banks many of the employess (men) do not wear coat ties like they use too. The one time I been in west pine gym it looked like most of the athletic office staff was dresse very casual. I would think in that type of office most people would be wearing a coat and time

Don't get me started! I could write on this topic for days. I don't get it either. I thought what you refer to as a "fad" would be just that, and that it would quickly pass. But this has gone on for years now. I remember when basketball uniforms switched from the traditional-sized athletic shirt and shorts to today's monstrosities which formerly could have been worn by Orlando Pace. Why does this persist? Basketball uniforms were worn in the old style for decades and nobody seemed to care. Players today scoff at that style of uniform when, in fact, they were more functional than the baggy stuff worn today.

It's true in street clothing as well. You used to be able to buy your clothes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Sure, there were fashion trends which dictated what was most prevalent in the short run (bell-bottoms, hip-huggers, leisure suits, etc.) but traditional clothing was always available. Shorts were available. I said "shorts," not these things that come down to your knee or below. I call them capri pants for men. For those who wanted a bit more length they had a different style called "walking shorts." Have you seen anything labeled "walking shorts" in the store in the last decade? NO, because what were called walking shorts in the past were probably shorter than what are now labeled "shorts."

My kids participate on a swim team. Swimwear has always been an area in which teenagers tried to push the limit--the closer to naked you got, the more attention you might attract form the opposite sex. While parents may have to struggle to maintain decency, at least I can say I understand a kid's attempt to be more risque at the beach or pool. But these days the girls are still trying to go skimpy; the boys however, have such an overpowering need to maintain the proper fashion that they don't follow that trend. The boys often compete in Speedo type swim trunks, but wear knee-length swim trunks over top so as to maintain a sufficiently baggy look. Most of them don't even take off the baggy trunks until just before the starter is set to blow the whistle. It would be one thing if this effort were designed to maintain modesty. But it isn't. I'm convinced that they go through all of this because they would be supremely embarrassed to be seen in attire which is not reminiscent of a burlap sack.

Can we talk shoes? I won't address the issue of how seldom Sunday-best clothing is worn. But when kids do dress up these days, even their shoes get into the bulky thing. You may see a kid in a coat and tie; but look at his feet. Do you see polished leather shoes? More than likely they are wearing some kind of rubberized platform with a sole that looks like a tire tread.

OK, I'll stop my Dennis Miller rant. But I can honestly say I long for the days when basketball was played by players who tried to impress only with their skills and not with their parachute pants and tatoos.