Will Tuna come correct with SLU fans?

jmolina

I wonder if Charlie Tuna realizes just how foolish he looks

tonight by saying Brad is quote "not a good recruiter" on Sports-Plus

earlier this year. If you recall, Cooz even tried to check him by saying something like "He's only had three months." But Tuna just

pfffffffffffftt it off.

It's one thing to have an opinion. But at least have some base knowledge of the facts before you open your trap and show how UNinformed you are in front of everyone. 'Nuff said!

i'm not holding my breath. i quit watching sports plus the night that tuna and bernie ganged up on frank "in the pitt" about slu. when i hear slu is getting an even break and tuna is permanently off the show, i'll come back. until then i would just as soon watch trading places reruns on the discovery channel as charlie tuna. but of course that is because i am bitter.

Roy ... if you just carry some mints around with you .... it will help sweeten you up and take away some of the bitterness.

Tuna is a joke ... he worked for me at one time in the car business. I won't say anything specific .. but his personal morals and ethics leave a lot too be desired. He really just says things for the shock value.

I don't know how Tuna can even be "classified" as a reporter.

He seldom attends a game. I saw in the Cards pressbox this year once. And it was only for maybe an inning or two. He was at one Bills home game last year, the Louisville contest. Never saw him in the Blues press area. I've never seen him take any written notes, carry a tape recorder or get any comments in the locker room. Or conduct any sort of post-game interviews. Basically, all he does is exercise his right to go to games for FREE. And doesn't do much of that. Oh, but he does like John Shaw. He goes to a few Rams games and drives down to Columbia for some Tiger football games, I hear. Which I find ironic since he rarely has anything nice to say about MU. But that's about it.

Interesting that Tuna has over the years putdown Mizzou mercilessly, especially Mizzou's and columbia's treatment of black athletes, yet he sends his children to school there.

Tuna does not have much time for the games, he puts in long hours at Paul Cerame Lincoln-Mercury.

Isn't it amazing that a blatant racist like Tuna can get away with all his remarks since they are "for effect", while Rush gets canned for just injecting race into a discussion-quite a world we've evolved into to!!

Regarding Tuna and DJ on KSDK Sports Plus, as much as I like Frank, I've long since switched to Steve Savard's Sunday night show since it doesn't provide a regular forum for racism. I much prefer sports over racism at 10:30 Sunday night. Savard's show is excellent and most importantly is just about sports.

unless i hear in advance that there is an interview going to be on sportsplus that i want to see, i.e. soderberg or maybe whitey herzog, i too watch channel 4 now. and it is simply because of tuna. once frank assures us that tuna will never be back, i might consider giving it another chance, but i am pretty happy with savard as well now.

He will not recant ... it is not his style ... He may say something like Brad got lucky due to Tommie's grades ..but still hasn't proven anything ...then some more obnoxious ridiculous blabber and that will be it.

I haven't seen or spoken to him in a few years ... there was an incident when he worked for me ... he was really humbled, he won't even look me in the eye.

Savard's show is much worse than Sports Plus. Savard knows football, car racing, and a little hockey. Basketball and baseball are afterthoughts.

Don't let a few stupid minutes of Charlie Tuna every month turn you away from the superior show. Frank is doing a real nice job with Sports Plus these days.