Not getting Shaw could be a blessing

ACE

This is a Billiken board for Billiken fans ... so maybe we love our Billikens ... and want them to do well.

Regardless of who won the game last year SLU was the better team. Was Syracuse undefeated .... who beat them? does that make them better?

You picked out 4 sports ...how convienent. Please don't take that as an invitation to look up the records in all sports ... we don't care.

You are clearly not a Billiken fan ... so please go post somewhere else

That is an easy question there is no Star Trek Convention this weekend that is why.

Hey UE why don't you try to accost some Evangel Co-eds at battlefield mall or hang out at the Wal-Mart SuperCenter or whatever you do in Springfield?

Don't let the opinions of SOME posters sway you. They don't have to like you are agree with you, but you CAN post here.

That said, don't expect many SLU fans to pat you on the back if you are trumpeting the cause of "SLU to the MVC or bust." I respect the Missouri Valley Conference, but I don't want SLU to be a member of that conference.

Lastly, what makes you think your opinion is free from bias?

I don't mind anyone posting here who is non biased ... but when your intent is clearly to bash or downgrade SLU ... then yes I think you should stay away. The MVC issue is a horse that has been beaten to death. Let them make glue ... it is over .. the Billikens have made it clear that they have aspirations beyond the MVC.

I don't know or care what the record is for all sports against SMS ... it is not relevent ... SLU has been in a better conference and most years has the better team. SMS against SLU is like SLU against Mizzou ... it is a bigger game for SMS than it is for SLU ...just like it is a bigger game for SLU than it is for Mizzou (as much as we hate to admit it ... Mizzou is generally a better team in a much better conference). If it were not for very poor refs in the game at Mizzou (this was a statement by Sundvold an Stipanovich ... a foul was called for giving Rush a dirty look over and over) SLU could have easily one 2 out of 3 with Mizzou ... but that clearly doesn't make SLU a better team.

For what it matters I like the MVC and respect who they are I always cheer form them in the tourney and would like to see them get as many teams as possible in the NCAA's.

So I repeat if you are fair and objective and want to discuss Billiken sports ...than you are welcome ... but if your intent is to bash ... than my imo you should go away and bother someone else.

skip said, "SLU could have easily one 2 out of 3 with Mizzou ... but that clearly doesn't make SLU a better team."

actually the billikens could have easily have won all 3 games. i bet if you look at who was leading the game for how many minutes of each game, you would see that slu was winning all 3 games for the vast majority of the series. unfortunately, the only score and point in the game that really matters is when the scoreboard clock says, 00:00.

I like the smack talkers this UE has some legit points that makes it more fun for me to give him a virtual spanking. This is just a guess but he/she maybe a Evansville fan. I am further speculating but I guess he/she is tired of debating should Evansville drop to Div II and why the Jerseys with sleeves are so great. Hey UE has even got double figures in the W column so why not branch out and talk some smack. Go purple headed aces!