Morning Workouts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

V, I'm very confused. After reading your post (# 11) in the Asst. Coach thread, I felt we were dealing with someone with a superior intellect. Then I read your above post which says, "there site", and I had to wonder who wrote the above post. Surely not someone as bright as you claimed to be in that prior post. Someone that smart would know to write, "their site."

http://www.showmenews.com/2006/May/20060507Spor014.asp

"Beginning with their return from spring break on April 3 through the final week in April, the Tigers met at Mizzou Arena for 30 or 45 minutes of constant motion."

"The Tigers had the final two weeks of the semester off and, after finishing finals this week, will get a chance to spend some time at home before returning for summer school, which begins June 13. Their on-court work will pick up again then."

I would imagine that SLU does something similar.

Vtime, i have read your posts for some time now. You are a cowardly twit that rarely responds to a direct question (also, there are quite a few insecurity issues that you need to work on, especially when you proclaim that you are "SOMEBODY" on an internet message board, but i digress...). You know about the local scene, hip hip hooray! I bet you didn't even have to put "local high school basketball knowledge" on the future leaders of florissant valley application (probably because of the suh-weet connections you had at Harris-Stowe).

Being a D-1 scholarship athlete in any sport requires a year round commitment...if UB doesn't have his troops thinking and working on improving their games every day....he's remiss...doubt highly this is the case. Am surprised V-Time wouldn't know this, being a top athlete at HS.

>no workouts because Brad is too busy reading all of the

>scouting information on every Vashon player and his cousins,

>brothers, uncles, nephews and gerbiles that is available on

>this site.

I ask a valid question and your response is unnecessary

>Being a D-1 scholarship athlete in any sport requires a year

>round commitment...if UB doesn't have his troops thinking

>and working on improving their games every day....he's

>remiss...doubt highly this is the case. Am surprised V-Time

>wouldn't know this, being a top athlete at HS.

Here are some pics of the workouts with Mike Anderson from April 28, 2006

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/s.../042806aaj.html

From April 21, 2006 Glen Dandridge talking about the ongoing workouts.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/s.../042106aaa.html

From April 17, 2006. Leo Lyons talking about the workouts that underway.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/s.../041706aaa.html

From April 14, 2006 Marcus Watkins talking about the workouts.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/s.../041406aab.html

All I asked was if SLU had morning workouts, but people came in with all the unnecessary sarcastic remarks. That's alright, I'm used to it.

>a Harris Stowe student and gym rat? One would think a real

>fan could take that long walk down the aggregate path to

>West Pine and see for yourself. Please update the board on

>your findings.

I'm not getting up that early. I was going to ask former Billiken and current Harris-Stowe basketball coach about them, but I haven't had a chance to get in touch with him. I have heard him tell stories about how rewarding it was his senior year after all that hard work at morning workouts to get awarded a scholarship for his final year.

why would you insinuate that the slu kids dont play every day and utilize the maximum ncaa allowed workouts with the coaches?

for you to make that assumption is crazy and deserved of sarcastic remarks.

Of course SLU players are taking full advantge of their allotted workouts.

Anyone who wants to take 90 seconds can always phone the basketball office on campus and ask when and where the team is currently working out. The folks over there are pretty forthcoming about that kind of information.

There are many great mysteries in the universe but discovering that sort of info is not one of them.

There was no insinuation. I asked a question. There was no word of it, so there is no reason for me to assume that they are. Also they could've been evening workouts, weekend workouts. Individual or team workouts. There was nothing wrong with the question I asked.

>So, why couldn't somebody, just do that and this would've

>been a 2 post thread.

Why couldn't you have just asked about SLU practices without throwing Mizzou's name in there? Why do you have to let us know about some crappy JUCO recruit Mizzou is battling Austin Peay for? Take it over to their board.

>Doesn't Anderson need to be spending more time outrecruiting

>Austin Peay for Jucos?

If you are referring to his recruitment of Butterfield, he is not a well-known commodity, but runs the floor extremely well for a PF and fits Anderson's system. I trust his track record of recent success, 3 straight 20+ win seasons over Brads. 2 of those seasons were in the same conference with the Bills. He's not going to sign Butterfield, now because his nephew Demarre Carrole is supposed to announce that he transferring to MU from Vanderbilt. MU is already at is scholarship limit, James Douglas isnt expected back and Carroll is supposed to get that spot. Carroll is a 6'7 guard who avearged 11 pts and 6 rebs for Vanderbilt last season.

>>Doesn't Anderson need to be spending more time outrecruiting

>>Austin Peay for Jucos?

>

>If you are referring to his recruitment of Butterfield, he

>is not a well-known commodity, but runs the floor extremely

>well for a PF and fits Anderson's system. I trust his track

>record of recent success, 3 straight 20+ win seasons over

>Brads. 2 of those seasons were in the same conference with

>the Bills. He's not going to sign Butterfield, now because

>his nephew Demarre Carrole is supposed to announce that he

>transferring to MU from Vanderbilt. MU is already at is

>scholarship limit, James Douglas isnt expected back and

>Carroll is supposed to get that spot. Carroll is a 6'7 guard

>who avearged 11 pts and 6 rebs for Vanderbilt last season.

Yet you were critical of Brad for recruiting two players more highly rated than this JUCO?!?! Buy a clue.

You are the same guy who used to wave the pom poms for Quin. Now Anderson is your next savior. LOL!