Who is the best MO team?

How would you guys rate the 3 teams in the state and who has the best chance to make the big dance?

I would rate Mo St 1 then Tigers then Bills.

as far as making the tourney, Mo St then Bills then Tigers

Should we put the fighting kangaroos in the mix?

Let me know what everyone thin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to have tough players to Play Brad's scheme; his finesse players have not been able to drive and penetrate when

he had them in the past and he has to get us a weight trainer for

BH

I just think it is a fun question. It isn't often that you acn make an argument for all 3 teams. You might even be able to that UMKC has the best chance to make the big dance. I could see them winning their conf tourney before the Bills or Tigers.

I'm sorry, but after tonight there's no way you can rate the Tigers higher than SLU. I guarantee you SLU would not lose to Baylor by 26 and give up 90 points.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I'm a die-hard MU fan & I personally HATE slu, but I've realized tonight that we are in fact the worst program in the state. We have every advantage in comparison to the rest of the schools in the state, but we've wasted all of them under Q.

After Q gets fired I believe we'll be back where we belong, but for now we are the biggest joke in the country

>At this point it has to be MO ST, SLU, MU, UMKC, SEMO.

>

>I would like to see what the Bears could do against SLU and

>Mizzou, because I think they're over-rated.

SLU is not better than Mizzou. Guys on MU's bench like Dandridge and Lyons would start for SLU. If Matt Lawrence showed he could hit a shot he would be starting for SLU.

vtime, do you think any of MU players would play better with SLU

teaml MU doesn't show any sign of playing together while SLU

has to have 5 players in order to win I'd say Vashon would have

a chance against MU right now except for their loss in Peoria

Yes and Tommie, Kevin and Ian would all start for Mizzou. If they just gave the award for best basketball team to the one with the most athletic players than maybe Mizzou wins, but this is not the 50 yard dash or the triple jump we are talking about, it is a basketball game. I wish they played, I could clean up big with you.

Please list me Mo States big wins out of conference, then note that even the other highly ranked MVC teams have not played anyone out of conference

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

VTime,

Minutes after MU gets beat at baylor by 30 points and you make that post that slu is not better than them right now. Are you trying to get banned from the board again. on the grounds of silliness. If Mizzou makes the right hire, they should ascend back up towards the top because the job is a high major situation. quin has just messed it up to the max. tonight may be low than the illinois game.

the play of the game was when horton went halfhearted for that loose ball and the llttle guard from baylor just kept hustling and ended up with a dunk on the other end.

bad boyz for life

>>At this point it has to be MO ST, SLU, MU, UMKC, SEMO.

>>

>>I would like to see what the Bears could do against SLU and

>>Mizzou, because I think they're over-rated.

>

>

>SLU is not better than Mizzou. Guys on MU's bench like

>Dandridge and Lyons would start for SLU. If Matt Lawrence

>showed he could hit a shot he would be starting for SLU.

I would love to have some of the players on Mizzou's squad (I can't understand why Dandridge doesn't play more), but 8 talented guys don't always make for a good team. As a team, Mizzou plays poorly together, doesn't play defense, and becomes complacent on offense while waiting for Gardner to shoot.

SLU on the other hand has guys who play tough D, work together for the better of the team (see Dwayne Polk), and has a great inside player (better than any of Mizzou's inside guys). Brad's coaching ability in comparison to Quin's is the icing on the cake.

A great example of how talent doesn't always win games was the U.S. Olympic team two years ago. Obviously the most talented squad in the field, but also obviously not the best team. Argentina was.

At this point to suggest that Mizzou is a better team is ridiculous. Yes, they might (and I stress might) have more and better talent, but as a team they have gotten their butts kicked 6 straight.

By the way, I would put TL, KL, IV up against any 3 Mizzou players.

Mizzery is a mess right now. It appears they've given up on the year and are lame ducking it all the way. Time to clean house, they are an embarassment. Vtime, you got to get a grip man. Just when we think you've got something important to say, you screw it all up with another dumba** post.

Here are the kempom.com stats for Mo.St. and SLU. Doesn't really seem like the 38 team in the country and a lock for the dance.... This does not take into account Mo.St. or Mizzou's loss last night.

.......SOS...1-50....51-100....101-200....200+...RPI

Mo St..41....1-5.....1-2.......10-0......3-0.....38

SLU....44....1-6.....2-1.......3-2.......6-0.....81

Mo.....37....1-3.....3-4.......1-4.......5-0.....127

I guess I just don't get the RPI this year.....

>

> VTime,

> Minutes after MU gets beat at baylor by 30 points and you

>make that post that slu is not better than them right now.

>Are you trying to get banned from the board again. on the

>grounds of silliness. If Mizzou makes the right hire, they

>should ascend back up towards the top because the job is a

>high major situation. quin has just messed it up to the max.

>tonight may be low than the illinois game.

> the play of the game was when horton went halfhearted for

>that loose ball and the llttle guard from baylor just kept

>hustling and ended up with a dunk on the other end.

>

> bad boyz for life

I am a bills fan, but I know that outside of Lisch no one can consistently make a shot. The Tigers are taught to release when their man takes an outside shots. That means sportscenter highlights at the other end for Gardner, Brown, and McKinney. There isnt a player on SLU or MU's roster that would've chosen SLU over Mizzou. Does SLU even have a top 100 player? I know that's harsh, but dont let your billikens bias get in the way of the facts that the Tigers are much more talented and when they are on their game can beat anybody. They've beaten ranked teams.

vtime, when did this begin? the only two players that would have a chance at starting for slu from mi$$ouri is brown and gardiner. and to be honest, the fact that gardiner has been benched for his selfishness and it has been reported that during games he was concerned the official scorer didnt have his points right, makes me believe he too wouldnt start without an attitude adjustment first.