Adam Knollmeyer

Nate Latsch

as much as it pains me to say it, i believe that wichita state, creighton and northern iowa are truly better this year than any team in our league except george washington. and gw isnt that much ahead of them. now is it significant? no. slu could play with every team in the mvc and win the majority of the time. however, i agree with the rpi rankings comparing the two conferences judged on the games i have seen on tv and in person this year.

that all said, i dont regret our move to the a-10 a bit. in the long run, i believe the a-10 will consistently be the tougher conference, and there is no comparison on the other issues. a-10 all the way.

you praise the coach, etc. I also remember him saying that he just felt more comfortable in Carbondale and that the hardest thing for him to do was tell Brad that he wasn't coming.

Sort of similar, last night at the BC meeting AD was asked why he chose SLU. Of course he gave the standard, "I just liked Brad a lot" story. He could have said, "they were the only program in a top 10 conference that offered me a scholarship" and he would have been telling the full truth but it doesn't make for good "athlete talk".

I may not understand all the ins and outs of recruiting but if a kid verbalizes then isn't the high road thing to do is stop bugging him and honor his choice. To say, a team was always there means to me at least that that team did not honor the kid's choice and continued bugging him. Now if SLU took the high road and SMU did not then I think that would bother me if I was the kid. Now if SMU recruited the kid orginally and we did not then that is fine but when the kid changed his mind, then it he is fair game. Where he ultimately chooses to play is his choice but if he was enamored with SMU then he would have verbalized to them and not MU.

Kshoe how do we know that SLU has not been recruiting him that long? What is your source? I raised a similar question for you in an earlier post today. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but I think we often say stuff about recruiting that we really have no actual KNOWLEDGE of. If you, in fact, have a source for your comments then fine, but rumors on the internet are not a source.

I just think we need to be careful when we make statements that appear to be a fact, when those "facts" are really just an opinion.

Thanks.

I may have overstated the "factualness" of his recruitment to date but here is some of the evidence that I've used to come up with my beliefs. In the world of recruitment there pretty much is no such thing as a fact.

http://www.billikens.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/6147.html#7

Box and one says Missouri State has been on him from the beginning.

P-Diddy just now mentions Knollmeyer, about a year after his commitment was broken. Considering how connected P-Diddy generally is I would have expected to hear more earlier.

The article below seems to indicate that his recruitment PRIOR to his oral to MU was done by Missouri St and Purdue. If we had been in on him from the beginning I'm very surprised we weren't mentioned.

http://columbiatribune.com/2004/Nov/20041119Spor008.asp

And this is just an intersting article

http://www.billikens.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/d...pic&archive=yes