Apparently some of you are not nice to Huggins

kwyjibo

from Houston Chronicle (although I am not sure it is Huggins or the writer that is putting Saint Louis and Charlotte in this context):

Cincinnati basketball coach Bob Huggins claims to expect no more hostility than ususual when the Bearcats wind down appearances at C-USA sites such as Charlotte and Saint Louis the next two years before Big East competition.

"I don't think it matters. They couldn't be any more hostile than they've been," he said

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2188479

(bottom of page)

That's a hell of a compliment for our team's intensity against Cincy and our fans who always seem to get up for the Cincy game. I love hearing that he said that. I sometimes wish all games were as intense as the Cincy game from a fan standpoint.

>>"I don't think it matters. They couldn't be any more hostile than they've been," he said.<<

If he is referring to our fans, then it is a great compliment coming from Huggins. I will sorely miss his scowling face, prowling the sidelines doing pantomimes of every act of agression committed by the Billikens against his team that the refs missed. It's quite a show to behold all the while our fans are heaping abuse on him.

i actually picked out my seat location with being able to watch huggins on the sidelines in mind. i distinctly remember thinking, "now where will i be able to see huggins get t'd the best?"

you need to have a final "hey baby" written to end all "hey baby" versions dedicated to huggy. i know naticat loves our huggy "hey baby" versions.

I do not know Huggins, but he does know some friends of mine, people I think highly of, and who speak highly of him. I have had beers with him a few times. I enjoyed him very much. He has a terrific sense of humor, very funny. He was very kind. No sarcasm here, all legit stuff. I was happily surprised. Apparently it takes a little effort to get him out. ...once he loosened up, and lost the posse of what appeared to be bodyguards, the guy even smiles. This is all off-court stuff.

On court....he is one of the best at bullying officials into calls for his team. If you are a coach playing UC, and do not have an open dialogue of lobbying skills with the officials...you better start quick when you play Huggy. While I oppose the tactic...if you just sit there and take high road, you are done. He is certainly very entertaining...packs it in at opposing venues year after year.

Actually Jill Pizzotti the coach of the womens team will have the best seat in the house when cincy comes to town. She sits right behind the vistors bench for some reason, maybe she can harass huggins a little. By the way does anyone know why she sits behind the vistors bench at everygame or the games she goes too