Soderberg has lost his mind...

davidnark

Down 9 at half. We better make some serious halftime adjustments. Richmond sucks and did nothing but shoot threes, but for some reason we needed to collapse down on average inside players. Get the ball out on the open floor and when they switch on the screens go to the hole. It worked everytime.

It was clear that Richmond had zero offense inside the three point line (except for off cuts), yet Brad insists on having his players stay in the pack defense. The pack defense just doesn't work well in today's three point-oriented game.

Why do we even bother to try token full-court pressure? Our guys are clearly not well coached on how to create turnovers off of the press

Where was Tommie? Does Brad even bother to coach offense?

coach is smarter than everyone with this four guard bull sh?t!

it is like mike martz decicdes to open the game with three o linemen because he needs two more skill players.

I guess the four guard thing is around till AD graduates.

YIPPIE we're gonna struggle to make the NIT so AD can play!

C'mon gentlemen.

Soderberg went small and fast with a bunch of ballhandlers to match up against a much much bigger team. It backfired. Not everything works every time. Plus our shooting has been horrific. Brown and drejaj have missed layups and open jumpers repeatedly.

We are down by 9 at the half. We are definetly still in this one.

The other night I didn't mind seeing Lisch in man defense on the full court. If he is covering the ball I have no problem with him doing that but I don't know if the other guys can pull it off effectively.

HOW OLD ARE YOU? what did I do to you, IT'S MY FU#KING OPINION!

I want SLU to win just as much as anyone, but I can also see the big picture.

I said I'd eat crow if AD carried this team, but the NIT doesn't count if we make it that far.

"teeee" WTF???

billidoc, while drejaj made some shots that basically kept us in the game, let's not lose sight of the fact that he was guarding the guy on the other team that scored the most points either. it was one of anthony's worst defensive games of his career.

and dont blame the ankles/feet. if he is hurt and cant perform up to his normal level, then get well.

when he gives up 2 points for every point he scores, that isnt going to win many games.

Schaz I agree with you regarding our shooting consistency but who recruited the players that can't shoot.

I don't care if Liddell was playing adequate defense or not he is one of our best players. Brad did not have a problem identifing Liddell to take the last shot to win the ballgame the other night so why pull this nonsense. Chew his a$$ out at halftime or a time out. Slu is not deep enough to play the mind games Brad wants to play. This team has no direction. One night player X starts and the next game another player X starts. I relly don't care what anyone thinks of Danny Brown but how do you explain barely seeing the light of day for games and then starting the St.Bonnie game and lighting it up. Brad let's not have any consistency lets start a another guard who can't throw it in the ocean if he was standing on the shoreline.

Here is really how obsurd last night really was. Does anyone think Brad will be able to stick with the discipline of Tommie? How long to you think JJ,Danny Brown or Meyer would be in the doghouse for

last nights performance? Liddell will be back in the starting line-up for the next game therefore making last nights debacle useless. If Liddell starts the next game what has Brad done but keep one of our

best players of the floor for a game we could have one.

are you advocating an "inmates run the asylum like" atmosphere? if this team was on the verge of winning the national championship and brad was playing mind games with the star player(s) then i think i might agree. but imo, the program is still in an infantlike state to allow that.

as to the questions on players jumping in and out of the starting lineup, and getting different levels of playing time, i look at that as a product of inconsistent play and no one stepping up to take ownership in a spot.

look at ian. he has an apparent spot. it seems like lisch has taken over a spot. when healthy there was no denying drejaj's time. except for one other game, liddell has gotten a lion's share of minutes. it is really just one or two starting spots and the main subs that is unsettled. and i take that as a sign that no one has won those spots. nothing more. and to be honest, what has brown, polk, meyer, johnson, newborne, or husak consistently done to earn it?

mentioned. Definitely DB. I'd sit VN and limit DP. What the hell do they bring to the party? 8 man rotation right now: DB, LM, and BH. DP has time to work his way up the ladder. VN's out of time. A season and a half to prove he's a contributor. Wasted scholie IMO.