Missing in action

kshoe

Someobdy needs to explain to me why JJ and VN only got a combined 6 minutes in this game. If it is to send a message from the Ole Miss game I guess I can see that but otherwise I just don't see how sitting these guys improves us in the long-run when we know they will have to play against bigger and better opponents.

i didn't watch, but you gotta assume Brad was feeling a little tight around the collar during this game so he kept his best lineup out there with KL knocking down threes, TL playing obviously well, his love affair with AD, and Polk needs to play. Brad's an enigma.

I don't get it either. I know that I am on the outside looking in but how can you get into a rhythymn if you don't get to play. 4 guards won't cut it if you can't hit a shot and we have shown that most of the time we can't hit the shots so why not play the bigger guys. I don't care about Newbourne as he is just a taller guard not an inside player but our other inside player JJ needs to play. He couldn't have played worse than anyone else in the 1st half.

At this state of our program....it wasn't about developing VN and JJ for the bigger bodied teams....it was about winning on December 17th. You may feel a little different if you seen the other team's lack of size.

Luke Meyer, who hasn't played for a couple of games, played 10 minutes and those minutes would have normally went to JJ or VN.

When we were running a simple out of bounds play that would have been run a thousand times in practice JJ did not go where he was supposed to go and Kevin had to call time out because we did not get the ball in in time. The coach came unglued at this grade school mistake. I am sure we will see more of JJ against Gonzaga.

>At this state of our program....it wasn't about developing

>VN and JJ for the bigger bodied teams....it was about

>winning on December 17th. You may feel a little different if

>you seen the other team's lack of size.

>

>Luke Meyer, who hasn't played for a couple of games, played

>10 minutes and those minutes would have normally went to JJ

>or VN.

Earlier in the year I was concerned about the lack of minutes for JJ as I thought we needed to develop him for the teams who play 2 post players. If Brad was thinking that, after a 9-21 season, his goal was to win each game by whatever means necessary and tomorrow come what may, then I can't argue. That was probably his attitude for Kennesaw as well (thus, I agree with your post guest). Again, can't argue with it. Whatever we have to do to beat the teams we are supposed to beat, I'm all for it. I can't take what transpired last year again.

I'm sure you are right and is there another way? You have to coach everygame like it is the only one, until the win is assured. How do you start a game with the idea that ... hey, I'll play these guys today, even though it is not the best lineup for today's opponnent, it may help us down the road. You work for down the road in practice ... you play for today.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

The truth is the first half was gawd awful - nobody was hitting and we were lucking that LM got a basket or two and TL got a few lay ups. KL did not hit until the second half. Brad tried everybody but himself that first half just to try to get something going. I am not sure what Brad said to them at half time but they had an explusion for us - what 57 points?

I've never seen Brad get on a player like he screamed at JJ today. Where are you supposed to be?!!!!!! Do you know where you're supposed to be?!!!!!!! I can still here it. I'm across the court Row L section 115 and I had to ask my wife to repeat something she said at the same time as Brad. If JJ was a samuri they'd still be cleaning his blood off the hardwoods.

Has anyone said anything about how Luke looked? I was nervous when they put him in, but he ended up doing pretty well getting 4 points and 2 steals (but then again he did get 2 TOs soon after...) I'm not sure if he was just getting excited when he made stupid mistakes, but at least he was putting the ball up...I think he was 2-3 shooting?

Luke is a gamer ... I'm sure he is still trying to get kinks worked out from his injury, but I think Luke will always be a contributor to the Bills, I think he just has god basketball IQ and will work to make his presence felt.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman