Something U May Have Missed

Msfan

Bill- how do factor race in my opinion about Brad and/or the post dispatch and/or this board. Please no not go their with me. You do not know me like that dude. You are acting like the fool. If black/white offended you then maybe you have some hidden junk in your closet. Now back to basketball.

Mr Roy- I disagree with you and say their is guaranteed pt for both Liddell and Lisch. Lisch is getting starters minutes. True again Liddell has twice the turnovers and twice the playng time as Brown. The charging calls against Brown were bad calls and could have gone the other way, then what would you be saying about DB. And factor in TL sometime poor decisions and mental lapse which I then say realistically would normally have been some unknown points turnaround. But that's part of the game baby. Can't everyone and Coach see that also? Is BB Scout the only one.

And High School is over big boy. Lisch has been slow to adjust to D-1 ball just as Polk, Brown,Meyer and all the guys. If coach ask me I would rather have Anthony D shooting outside than Lisch or Polk. Thus again because the stats thus far do bear that out to be a good decision.

Got dammit I love my scouting talents. Am I good or what?

Because the pg (Polk) handles the ball more his turnovers will always be greater than Lisch. Do you know how many kids are afraid of the pressure at point. Only the true ones can handle the heat and the work. Polk is the true one for this team.

Newborne or Johnson are very capable of getting the job done. But Coach Brad chooses to play those coaches mind games with them thus VN,JJ are always thinking to much and worrying about what Coach is going to say. I say to JJ,VN,DB,LM just play ball and forget about Coach. If he takes you for trying to make a play so what! But if you make the play, hit the three, get the steal then everyone will be your best friend.

Drejaj is the leader the heart and soul of this team. Not TL not KL not IV! Someone send this stuff to Coach. Just say BB Scout, he will know...peace out.

bb scout, i only made the lisch comments to directly contrast msfan's assertion of polk vs lisch. he is the one that indicated that lisch couldnt shoot and polk was better. thus that is why i put up the stats. i totally agree that drejaj is the better shooter right now. it doesnt matter which direction drejaj's ball spins or where his elbow is, the fact is, drejaj is making them and lisch isnt right now.

and i also agree that for now drejaj is the heart and soul of the team.

however, i will predict that until liddell, lisch and vouyoukas take total ownership of this team and play like it is theirs instead of playing tenative, this team wont be more than a 500 team. while they havent shown more than glimpses of "takeover" attitude and results, they are the ones with the talent to actually do it. for all the blood and guts that anthony shows, he just doesnt have the talent to carry this team. i love drejaj. and i agree he has to play and play a lot for now. he isnt the guy to hitch the wagon to.

"factor in danny browns really bad charging fouls on layups this year which realistically is normally a 4 point turnaround."

Doesn't the opponent get the ball back regardless of whether Danny makes the basket or is called for the charge? The only difference in the result between him missing and making the basket is 2 points? Plus, offensive fouls by the player with the ball are never shooting fouls for the defensive player. How is this a 4-point turnaround?

BBScout said: Could it be just as simple as black and white? See comparison below for your self. Today's Post-Dispatch sports pages has photo's of KL and AD getting beat off the dribble. Not VN,DB or DP! Everyone should be supporting all the players not putting certain players down because of ?#*+&* stuff.

You also refered to posters on this board as "buttholes." Go troll your highschools website bubba. We don't have time for race baiting trolls here.

>Practice please I have attended more than enough! So you are

>telling me that TL and KL earns their right to play in

>practice. Well if that is the case DP is often worked or

>beat by PJ the walk on and this has been said by the coach

>himself but my question is if it works like this in practice

>and that is where the pt is determined why isn't he (PJ)

>given the oppurtunity to play as well.

Certainly this wasn't a serious post....

also notice you had nothing to say about a serious conversation regarding the relative abilities of DB and LM....

With the scatterbrained arguments you've made I don't even know what to say anymore.

I don't think any of your post are serious post. I have only been posting here for a couple of hours and I have already figured you guys out. If you are not posting anything to critisize the bills then post are not serious well if that is the case my post will never be serious post. I am speaking the truth I am for the bills 100% even if their record is worst than it was last year. As I asked before are you for or against the bills? You only come to practice and games to get negative things to post. As I stated last night I have been reading for a while and have read more negative or critisizing post than anything. For every negative issue there is a positive one find something worth talking about at least once i'm sure some of us will be more than happy to see that come across the board.

I am a fan of the team, basketball is a team sport that is something you guys do not realize. I am not here to critisize the team or any member of the team, I am not here to uphold anyone and certainly not here to write fake post just to make you happy. But it has been fun and I have to look over my notes before my final. Good luck on finals to me, the team and any other students reading this.

Do you go to SLU?

Here's my take - This board is no different than any other sports board; like tseugnekillib said, after a loss, people are going to be more critical, and after a win, people are going to be more likely to give praise. Nobody here has all the answers, but it's fun to discuss things like who should be in the starting lineup and who should be getting more playing time.

Instead of joining the forum to tell everyone that they don't know what they're talking about, make some points and back them up. The discussions will be a lot more productive.

I am also a fan of the basketball team and the players.

Your perception of the world must be like one of those "lucky town" lottery commercials. It must be nice though surreal to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, be disappointed.

Some of us get disappointed and even (oh my god) frustrated with the Billikens. Instead of beating our wives or yelling at our kids or strangling mice we come here to Billikens.com.

i'll be up at the billiken xmas party until game time. i'll take a bud select!

p.s. had i known i got a beer for saying that, i would have said it sooner!

>Do you go to SLU?

I think I speak for all graduates when I say I hope not. Msfan's grammar is so bad I can barely discern what he's trying to say. It probably doesn't help that they're completely illogical.

I'm curious Msfan, if you think we're all too critical, what exactly do you propose we talk about on this board? I have been visiting this site for over a year and have generally found the discussion of recruiting and game strategies informative although not always flattering of the Billikens. I started posting because I wanted to help contribute to those discussions. Don't you think it would get boring coming here every day just to post how great everybody is? When the team is at .500 coming off a dismantling defeat at the hands of a team many thought was beatable, doesn't such uber-optimism seem ridiculous?

I never asked anyone to praise the team because that is something I do not do give credit when and where credit is due. The board is full of assumptions and there is nothing wrong with that if it makes sense. Yes I would rather you come here and post your thoughts rather than beating your wife and yelling at your kids because if you end up in the hole that is 1 less fan SLU has if you are a fan. Is there a problem with my post no I am posting my thoughts just like you, I find this fun arguing with a bunch of bored men. Talk about bad grammer well I didn't know we were being graded on the post if that is the case half of us would not be able to post again. You have your beliefs just as I have mine I am not here to make you believe anything, or sugar coat anything for the bills if you are a true fan you know what is possible so accept the good and stop always looking for the worse. Have you ever thought that maybe some of the players read this $..., what would you think if you bust your a$$ everyday and everytime you log on all you read is how bad you are? If you see a problem post a possible way of correcting it don't just talk about how bad it looks. And no I am not a person that thinks everything should be perfect I am your average student with a life. Have fun live a little!

Please quit ... you are killing me. You start your post by calling us butt holes ... and then you talk about no one having any basketball logic. I hope your teacher doesn't see that, you will get no recess.

Try making some sense and we will respond with logic.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

This would appear to be your first rational post on this board. Some of what you say has merit. Yes I've written things on this board that could certainly bruise the egos of the players if they read the board.

My response would be that, if they are the competitors I believe they are, my statements are far less troubling to them than the self-criticism they are facing. Also they are pretty much public figures. They revel in the adulation and should know what the flip side is by now.

MS - Brad sat TL down against Ole Miss, he also sat KL down for defensive problems. You also have forgot to mention that some on this board think that DP is playing too much so don't just mention KL and TL as the favorite sons. Not my opinion. VN has lots of issues with his play and a long track record of being very inconsistent - he is a senior and if he is still inconsistent then he is not going to get better now.