Something U May Have Missed

Msfan

Hello everyone I am new to the board but I have been reading the post for the past year. Is this board doard designed to critisize our team or what. Since reading that is all I am getting if they score 11 points in a game you love them and they deserve to start then next night they only get 4 points or go scoreless but have a great defensive game they should be replaced or the scholarship was wasted. I think some of the post are ridiculous as I have noticed you are mainly the only board like this are you for or against SLU. Every game has good and bad views check out some of the good things you have missed.

Ole Miss:

Many of our players looked lost and did not have a good game not only JJ, TL, and DB obviously they are the only ones noticed but did you see anything good last night like VN going for rebounds and taking it baseline, finishing layups, and knocking down the open shot. Did you not notice some of the players were actually hustling in the 2nd half.

Oakland:

VN: 10 points 7rebounds (player of the game)

DB: 10 points

UNC: JJ started and played well same as to AD,KL,TL

Welcome to the board!

Certainly you noticed by now that if the Billikens win one, or maybe two in a row.....we are looking like a "bubble" team. If the Bills lose one or two in a row....nearly everything with the team is wrong and we will never get better.

For peace of mind, perhaps you should visit this board only after a two game winning streaks!

This is the kindest gentlest message board on the internet. Check out www.tigerboard.com (Missouri Tigers board) if you do not believe me.

There are some weaknesses on this Billikens team. Watching the Ole Miss game and seeing the weaknesses exploited so vividly is frustrating.

Welcome to the board. Positive input is most welcome. As to the critics? Deal with it. Opinions are like......you know the rest....

I to feel the same way. Some of you are real butt holes and have no ideal what you are talking about when it comes to basketball. To read at times how you guys dog out certain players on the team is not cool at all. DP,DB,VN,JJ stats are just as good and bad as KL,AD,LM stats. They all have had bad games, they all have had good games. Could it be just as simple as black and white? See comparison below for your self. Today's Post-Dispatch sports pages has photo's of KL and AD getting beat off the dribble. Not VN,DB or DP! Everyone should be supporting all the players not putting certain players down because of ?#*+&* stuff. It's all about the minutes baby as you can see below who's getting and who's not. VN better FG%. DB 2nd best shooter from 3 point land. VN best rebounder. DB,VN lesser fouls. DB most assist. VN less turnovers. AD leading scorer. AD is the heart and soul of this team and many of you can't even see that......sad sad sad! AD could play for my team any day. VN is a senior he has earned his time coach. DB should play more. DP has to be on the floor more. JJ at 6-8 has to start at the 4 always. TL is turnover happy but has the skills. IV the best post player in A-10 by year end. Brad it's up to you baby....LM give the kid more time he's well now. KL and AD are up and down so why not?

DB KL AD VN

Mins: 17.6 23.4 23.4 15.5

FG% 38% 42% 44% 46%

3's 33% 32% 55% 28%

REBS 2.6 2.0 2.8 2.9

PF 12 18 22 12

Asst 17 11 10 1

TO 9 13 14 4

PPG 5.6 7.4 9.1 4.5

wow BB scout what a horrible post. Maybe we could ask the NCAA if we can play with 6 players on the court instead of 5. VN has been here 2 years, just cause he is a senior does not make him an expert. There is so much wrong with this post that I will let the people who dont have finals this week handle it.

in his defense, he does warrant more time, IMO ahead of Danny Brown, but that is only once his game starts to come around again. That has yet to happen yet. The play that he brought the last ten games of the season last year would be a nice compliment off the bench to give TL, KL a breather.....

As expected no one has anything logic to say but TheGoat. Nice to see he knows a thing or two about hoops. LM has not been given a decent shot to succeed. Coach is not doing a good job of constantly evaluating his players. Seems they are blind to the truth. Oh lets see Coach says "Thanks to KL unprecendened ability to put the ball in the basket" SLU is going places. Heck KL the great shooter is shooting 32% behind the arch. Anyone notice those stats? Just saying give LM,DP,DB the same opportunity to play through their mistakes as KL,TL are getting. KL goes 0-5 from the field and no one say a word. DB goes 2-5 from the field and he slides to the end of the bench. LM plays 5 minutes and connects on his only FG attempt. DP starts the season 0-13 from 3 point arch and you say DP should no longer be the pg. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Thanks BB Scout for having sense and understanding. I am not interested in what is going on on other boards simply I am talking about the bills.

Certainly some of you have not noticed the coaching system no one is guranteed to play except TL and KL they can jack up through the whole game and continue to play as to our other players who get a cheap foul,get beat on defense, or miss their first shot and they get a ticket straight to the bench. How will they score big or play a major role on the team. This board seems to uphold some players and forget about others have you noticed TL lacks alot on the defensive end and turns the ball over more than DB. You want to replace DP who has speed and control and will knock down the shot or take it to the basket, for KL who is in his first year and not shooting the three as well as he did in high school but hustles well. You think VN has not earned his minutes that is riduclous he has defense, the ability to knock down the open shot and sometimes the 3 and not to mention he is not selfish at all. AD has kept SLU in the game with his savor 3s'.

Coach Brad plays the players that he believes give us best shot to win the games. To a person on this board we have disagreed with him from time to time. That is normal and healthy

BB Scout: You have come here intimated that Brad and/or the post dispatch and/or this board are controlled by racists. You are acting like a fool.

ms said,

"Certainly some of you have not noticed the coaching system no one is guranteed to play except TL and KL they can jack up through the whole game and continue to play as to our other players who get a cheap foul,get beat on defense, or miss their first shot and they get a ticket straight to the bench."

i am not sure i agree with the above statement. liddell only played 19 minutes in the siu game and lisch only 14 the other night vs oakland. lisch doesnt even start. so obviously there is no guaranteed pt for either as you suggest.

ms said,

"How will they score big or play a major role on the team. This board seems to uphold some players and forget about others have you noticed TL lacks alot on the defensive end and turns the ball over more than DB."

true liddell has twice the turnovers that brown has. yet it is also true that liddell does indeed have twice the playng time as brown. and please, factor in danny browns really bad charging fouls on layups this year which realistically is normally a 4 point turnaround.

ms said, "You want to replace DP who has speed and control and will knock down the shot or take it to the basket, for KL who is in his first year and not shooting the three as well as he did in high school but hustles well."

when i read teh above sentence i spit coke zero on my computer screen. i will send you the bill. polk plays an average of 5 and half minutes more per game than lisch. polk has more shots overall than lisch as well. yet lisch has made more shots and the 3 point percentage of lisch which you point out is below his high school average, is still about 200% better than polk's 3 point average which has to rank amongst the worst in the country. polk was supposedly also an excellent high school 3 point shooter. now are you telling us that you would rather have polk shooting outside than lisch? because the stats thus far dont bear that out to be a good decision. also, you might want to look at this great ball protection of polk's. his turnovers are even with lisch as well.

ms said, "You think VN has not earned his minutes that is riduclous he has defense, the ability to knock down the open shot and sometimes the 3 and not to mention he is not selfish at all."

there is no argument on newborne or johnson simply because there is no competition for their spot. they are all we got and we have to live with it.

ms said, "AD has kept SLU in the game with his savor 3s'."

that is pretty over the top, but i will say that drejaj has been the most consistent and best overall guard on the team this year.

I'm thinking the MS is for Mississippi too. Am guessing this poster is somehow related to VN. He/she really pushed for VN garnering more minutes. Also sensed this poster thinks this board is a little, dare I say, racist. May be wrong but the comment about the photos kind of led me to believe that. MS, I can assure you race has never been an issue here. Ability and talent is the only issue here when players are discussed or evaluated. We may tend to assess a player's talents and abilities differently, but to a person, all posters here consider all Billiken players to be Blue.

I'm not sure who is worse, BB Scout or Msfan. Listening to you guys talk about our players I'm left wondering how we possibly could lose to Duke, let alone Mississippi.

Reality check you two:

All the posters you disagree with are doing is acknowledging the shortcomings of our players. If you really think Danny Brown is the answer on the wing, good for you. Not many others do. His shot is average as evidenced by the fact he never even takes it unless he's wide open. And when he goes to the hole, he charges at least as often as he finishes. He's simply an okay player.

Luke Meyer has flashes of brilliance, I'll admit it. However, he takes longer than it took me to type this post to get his shot off and he hasn't shown any of the slashing ability we saw last year. Just a wild guess that he's been getting outplayed in practice by some of the other guys for time at the 3 and he just isn't big enough to guard at the 4.

Finally, as I alluded to in the above paragraph, there is such a thing as practice. Brad conducts these a couple times a week and uses them to evaluate who gives the team the best chance to win. I'm betting if you went to one, you'd see Liddell and Lisch consistently outplaying every other guard but Drejaj (and maybe him too).

Keep in mind, by the way, that Tommie and Kevin have had 8 games to prove themselves. Danny, Dwayne, Luke, and whoever the other All-Americans are that you two think we have, have played in close to 40 college games. At this point, I think it would be best if we gave our heralded freshman some time to prove themselves. I've seen enough of the others by now to know that they're roll players.

With all that said, I love the Billikens. I just don't have foolish notions of their ability.

What the hell are you talking about I did not push for VN getting more minutes, dawm show didn't post anything about the team being racist get your stuff right this really lets me know you don't know what you are talking about can you even read if so check the posting again. And Mississippi not so! Saint Louis

Practice please I have attended more than enough! So you are telling me that TL and KL earns their right to play in practice. Well if that is the case DP is often worked or beat by PJ the walk on and this has been said by the coach himself but my question is if it works like this in practice and that is where the pt is determined why isn't he (PJ) given the oppurtunity to play as well.