prepsports forum bashing Dustin

VTIME

I don't think anyone cares if Dustin excites you or not. I'll agree though, that his signing will take an element of faith in Brad to appreciate.

As to AJ. It'd be a real pity if a few rabid MO state fans made me hate Mo State as much as I hate Missouri. You're on your way though......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>Mizzou faithful think I'm a Mizzou-hater, so which is it?

>

>Fans like yourself got blinders on and can't see

>constructive criticism.

It's one thing to get "constructive criticism" from a SLU fan, it's another to get it from card carrying member of the Quin Snyder pom pom crew and an individual who has a long history of bashing SLU.

As for having blinders on, didn't a few weeks ago you say Mizzou would finish in the top 5 in the Big 12, win 20 and go to the Big Dance? Thought so. You have no credibility.

>I don't think anyone cares if Dustin excites you or not.

>I'll agree though, that his signing will take an element of

>faith in Brad to appreciate.

I wasn't really speaking necessarily for myself, but I would argue that for Billiken fans it's difficult to get excited about a guy who scores five points in the Shootout. Aren't we trying to build excitement for the program, as we have done with the Lisch, Liddell, Polk signings.

I get excited over everything with the Billikens. A layup by Peyton Jacks makes me excited. So if I'm finding it hard to be upbeat about less than stellar reviews from a number of people, than the average SLU fan will find it even more difficult.

I agree Dustin isn't as exciting as Tommie Liddell. To use Roy's example Steve Novak wasn't as exciting as Dwayne Wade. Both were terrific together with that little crybaby Deiner. In any case Dustin won't excite the east coast media but he'll hopefully be the automatic three point threat we lack. Hopefully he can be a cog in a marvelous machine.

i can honestly say i havent noticed our player's "cankles", however sadly i have noticed some of our baby blues "cankles" and bellyroles.

i believe there should be a better effort in our baby blues recruitment.

that's fine, I'll be like most everyone else on here, including you. Who, by the way, is scared to make any predictions on SLU's season. It's easy to criticize, but how you step to the table. What do you think SLU will do this season?

>that's fine, I'll be like most everyone else on here,

>including you. Who, by the way, is scared to make any

>predictions on SLU's season. It's easy to criticize, but

>how you step to the table. What do you think SLU will do

>this season?

I'm not like you (thank God). You are a delusional Mizzou homer. You think Mizzou is big time and they're not. Deal with it. Why are you trolling on a SLU board? You are providing furter proof why most Mizzou fans on this board (with the exception of MUTGR) are disliked.

Where did you get that I was "afraid" to make a prediction about SLU's season? You're making sh!t up again. I am realistic. I think SLU will be around .500. I'd love to be wrong about it. Maybe the youngsters will progress a little quicker than I think and they get hot at the end of the season.

we all saw it 4 years ago when you praised Q and and the gang on this board nearly daily. Then when SLU went on a nice roll and Q's senior laden top 5 pre-season squad didn't make the dance and you were on the Tigerboard saying SLU is better than MU, etc. Now, you are claiming allegiance to Missouri State and act like you were this great fan of them back in the glorious sweet 16 run of 1999.

I think everyone on this board realizes that if either Mizzou or SLU go on a roll and MSU loses a couple games you'll be on their board ripping them up.

Must be nice to just go with the flow and claim the strongest allegiance to whichever team is performing best at the current time.

You should change your signature to "Missouri State reigns supreme! Well, as long as they're winning and doing better than Mizzou and SLU."

Mediocrity for the Billikens... That's a little different from my prediction, where I have them going a few games over .500. Don't worry, I'm not petty or silly enough to say you have no credibility if the Billikens' performance exceeds your modest prediction and is closer to mine.

Were my comments on Mizzou and SLU significantly offbase?

Now admittedly, it looks like I was wrong on Quin.

However, many Mizzou fans had this sense of thinking of themselves as being elite. I corrected them by saying they weren't far off from SLU. Was that wrong as we look back a couple of years later?

Now for SLU fans... they raved about Coach Soderberg and how he would be so much better than Romar and get SLU jumpstarted. However, I was the voice of caution stating that SLU does not have the talent or athletic ability to do significantly better than the Romar regime. I consistently stated AT THE TIME that Romar was getting a raw deal here because his teams were always overachieving. I ALWAYS thought Romar was a VERY GOOD coach, who was underappreciated by many Billiken boosters. Romar ran into some tough luck by not getting some high-profile recruits. Now looking back, who was right??

I always preached patience and never said that Brad couldn't get the job done. I just didn't think it would happen overnight and what do you know. I think I was right on the mark there too.

Now if that's your definition of a sh!t disturber, then so be it...

"Were my comments on Mizzou and SLU significantly offbase?

Now admittedly, it looks like I was wrong on Quin."

If being right 50% of the time means you are on base then I guess you are on base. To me that sounds like a coin flip.

As for that large paragraph discussing what SLU fans have been saying (as if we all speak in a uniform tone and agree on everything) I don't remember people predicting overnight success with Brad. Some of the preseason predictions for Brad's first year had 9, 10, or 11 victories. The year after Marquee left many people again had their doubts. Now nearly everyone, including you I believe, thought we would be a good team last year and we were all wrong.

When you are using selective memory to point out things you were right about you may even be able to convince yourself that you are right more often than most. Fact is AJ, even in this post you said you thought Drejaj and JJ were stretches, which nobody really disagrees with considering the situation Romar left us in, however Drejaj has become a nice player (much to my surprise) and JJ has started to show potential. Even if we call JJ a bust and say you were right on him you turned out to be wrong on Drejaj.

Thus, I think you are batting about .500 when it comes to your predictive abilities. Most of us are probably batting around the same.

For instance, I was right on Ian and Ahearn/Clarke but I really thought Edwin would be a superstar and that Drejaj wouldn't contribute much for this current team. 50%.

The real difference between you and me (and many on this board) is we stay true to the Billikens no matter what while you float with the wind and your favorite team is whoever is doing best at the moment. Of course you think you are right more often then others if you only support the winners...