Hansbrough

SLU_Nick

Nick - I think it was you who said Danny Brown was the most underrated player in the country. Maybe not. Regardless, I like your posts and hope they are right on. We had no shot at Hansborough. We was rated as one of the best recruits in the country and I don't think he even considered us. Wish he did though.

That shows you the state of things in Columbia right now. I think both of his parents went there and I think his dad and an uncle both played sports at Mizzou. It should have been a slam dunk for them. I think that's the only reason he considered them was because of his family ties. The kid is a beast.

billiphan said about tyler hansborough,

"The kid is a beast."

i totally agree phan. i will never forget the first time i saw hansborough play. it was at the eagles summer tourney and he was playing pf alongside grimes. i had actually come to watch grimes as i had been told time and time again that grimes is so much better when he had better supporting group of teamates like his aau team.

so i figured as good as the eagles were that was the time to see that for myself.

i sat down and was focused on grimes. but the first time down the floor, hansborough got a pass on the low block and spun around and just tried to hammer a dunk over this massive kid from minnesota. the ball hit the back of the rim and bounced up both grimes and hansborough as well as the linebacker from minnesota went for the ball but tyler beat them all to it and then proceeded to hammer home the dunk for good this time all in one motion. i was stunned. power basketball as good as i have ever seen. and at this time it was the summer before tyler's junior season in high school while grimes was going to be a senior. but there was no doubt who the better player was.

near the beginning of the second half, the eagles were pressing and hansborough picked off a pass around the half line. he proceeded to put the ball on the floor and head for the basket. one of the quicker minnesota guards came at him to try to slow him down. he faked right and went behind his back and by the guard and then with a couple more dribbles proceeded to the basket for a left handed dunk over the other guard. i.e. guard skills beyond what a 16 year old 6'9" kid should have as well!

hansborough is the real deal. i look forward to ian's match up with him as much as anything. tonite we find out how ian matches up nationwide.