8)Fordham

9)Rhode Island

10)LaSalle

11)Richmond

12)Duquesne

13)Saint Louis

14)St. Bonaventure

Link: http://www.atlantic10.org/release.asp?release_id=1775

We're predicted every year to finish lower than we actually do. Last year might be the only year in the past five where we did worse than expected. Three years ago we finished 4th in the conference and were expected to be at the bottom. I just don't take too much credence into these preseason predictions.

Also overlooked, Tommie Lidell on the all rookie team. That ought to inspire him, and KL as well, to play balls out. 13th behind the likes of RI, Duquense, Richmond I don't see it either. C'mon Bills let's show these A-10 boys what they're dealing with.

rich said,

"We may not win it this year but if we finish 13th in the A10, I'll tap dance the balero naked at halftime at the Super Bowl....."

that alone should be motivation enough to finish as high as possible. other than bo derek, nothing should be associated with bolero, especially the above image. of course rich has now ruined the movie "10" forever.

all of this is a combination of a number of things.

first, slu doesnt do much to trumpet their own horn

second, local newspaper has written about 4 articles the entire calandar year about the billikens so who would know anything outside of hardcores

third, the conference leadership (ie the commish) has already dissed us with the tv schedule telling us per cheryl that based on last year's record we havent earned anything. so one would believe that is passed on accordingly

every frickin expert publication keeps telling us about losing reggie, izik and frericks and doesnt have a clue who lisch and lidell are.

we cant say that.

to do so, whether true or not, will bring out the dam mvc zealots again like crazy. please, leave that alone.

yeah ... right, call me shocked. But behind even Duquesne wow ... If all works out well, remind me to send these guys a "thank you for the motivation card" at the end of the year.

Do I believe this? No. Do I think it closer to the truth than most of us would admit to believing? Yes. But behind Richmond as well wow.

I believe (without seeing SLU play) that they have a better program and stadium than at least three A-10 schools off the top of my head.

I can see them finishing ahead of at least St. Bonaventure and Duquesne. I'd also throw Fordham into that mix, I'm convinced Fordham overachieved last year. Plus they have a school that could care less about basketball. They have the worst facility to watch a game in in the conference. I can't imagine the facilities for the players are much better.