What do we need to do.

Kahok

Not that I'd expect Arkansas State to be a place that the local media cared about, but can anyone else see the St. Louis sports media lashing out at SLU if this happened at SLU with Slaten? I just remember Bernie complaiing about how SLU should have been recruiting Troy last year, even though we were in demand of post players.

UMSL is D 2 I believe-If the self proclaimed King (what a jerk) wants to see his boy play 35 minutes then the King better pony up the $$$ to send his boy to a local D 3 school like Fontbonne or Webster. I can't conceive of a local coach wanting the King looking over his shoulder at every decision. By the way, if the King's boy does attend a local school we better warn the women to stay clear of the King in the parking lot after games.

I assume this was a joke! The last thing we need is cancers like Troy Slaten and his father. His father is one of the biggest jerks that I have ever met. In the past he has been violent and abusive. It is a wonder that Troy could have as much success as he has had. I wish him luck but not in a Bills uniform.

You speak quite adamantly about what "we" need to do. Just precisely how do you define "we"? If "we" includes you, then, with respect to your comments about putting the Billikens on television other than cable, may I kindly suggest that you contact the local network television channels, offer to purchase about 12, $100,000 30 and 60 second spots for your company and I am quite confident, in the interest of economics, ALL of the networks will be clamoring to show Billiken games.

When should we expect to see your commercials?

>I always hesitate to post,but here goes. We are always

>optomistic about our team, but the fact is until we get the

>Woods, Whites, and Lees from the area we will always

>struggle. What would this team look like this year with Lee

>and Mckinney? We are putting a lot of pressure on Liddell

>but remember he is barely a top 100 player and that is only

>in some magazines.

>

You can rest assured that Liddell is the real thing. He was invited to the Nike All-American Camp but did not attend due to summer courses. That is were the rankings are pretty much set. He made the

choice to schedule his summer courses around the NBA Players Association Camp. He felt he would get more from the camp, irregardles

of his national ranking. Hoopmasters.com rated his performance Top 20.

The camp by the way was made up of the same players who participated

in the Nike Camp. He was roomed with Shaun Livingston. He wasn't overly concerned with his national ranking because at that point he

pretty much knew he would be offered a scholarship from some program.

Those who have seen Liddell play have raved about his talents. Eric

Bossi of theinsiders.com sites have him ranked #75 in his post-summer

rankings.

I think the players are able to get hooked up with some pretty good internships during the summers. Phil Hunt has been working in the broadcast booth at Cardinals games for KMOX (Mike Shannon frequently mentioned him), and over the years players have worked for great local companies such as A-B and A.G. Edwards. With the fairly large number of successful corporations in the St. Louis area (many of which provide a good deal of support to SLU), procuring internships for players isn't difficult.

slu has always been able to set up some pretty cool sports related internships for students. when i was a slu senior i wrote, produced and occasionally read the friday and saturday nite sports at wibv radio in belleville. i know a couple of classmates worked for the football cardinals, etc.

I'm still po'ed about getting snubbed by Bud Sports my senior year!

I found it interesting to hear that Illini receiver Brandon Lloyd was working at Fox Sports last year. It's a little disappointing to hear how a guy who was about to get drafted into the NFL was working at an internship that could have been filled by a student who was actually serious about working in broadcasting.

he couldn't get off the bench to play at arkansas state, yet you want him in a billiken uniform to take on the monsters that we play every night. that makes a lot of sense.

i don't know what some of you guys are thinking.

i remember triangle and too posting that we missed the boat on the falker kid from gateway tech. well, he's redshirting because the coaches said he wasn't nearly ready for d-1 ball. and that's at a mid-major level.

there's nothing wrong with getting local kids. but get local kids who can play. i think the current recruiting class illustrates that.

bad boyz for life