Road Woes/Fisher Assist Record

Taj79

Since Hughes left the Billikens (starting 98-99 season) this team has played about 58 road games (not counting in-season tournaments and conference tourney games). In those 58 games, they've won a total of 14 times for a record of 14-44 for a .241 percentage. Of those 58 road games, 39 have been in conference where they have recorded 10 of those 14 wins. So the non-conference record is actually 4 - 15 or .210. I find it somewhat amazing that over on the "pick 'em" contest, 22 out of the 26 prognosticators picked the Bills to win the WVU game given the recent history of this program.

Also, someone somewhere on this board suggested a posted count down to Josh Fisher getting the SLU career assist record. Given that Josh had 298 assists heading into this season, and the career record is 424 held by Charles Newberry (posted over a 3-year career,I might add) what makes you believe Josh will get that record? He needs 127 assists this year, and his best total to date was the 111 of last year. He would need to average 4.7 assists a game this year to get there. Frericks LED the team last night with 3 total assists in his asthma-limited minutes. I think that with limitations in our finishers, and the fact that Brad himself was quoted as saying this offense needs a lot of work, Josh will be hard pressed to duplicate similar totals from last year, don't you?

Nice to see Reggie throw down 12 in his debut. Sounds like he had some early problems that worked its way out, and that as some including broy have said his defense might need some work, the inital signs are good. I think it was baumann who offered a critique of Izik and basically it was not good. This does not bode well. Forgive me if I don't place similar trust at this point in believing that Ian is the answer as well.

Did anyone catch Brad's comment after the game about Reggie, and others, have not gotten used to shooting using the screens? Rather, they tend to want to shoot off the dribble. I would think those are old habbits that are hard to break. Coach's statement implies that Reggie still hasn't adapted to the system.

Did anyone who watched the game notice that about Reggie?

I was surprised also of the picks to win ... Yes ... I was one of them. My initial thought was lose by 10 or so ... but just couldn't post it. Should have followed my head ... not my heart.

Even when the Bills play in the tourney I take in every pool I am in them regardless of who they play. I just can't help it.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I would guess that many of the picks were with the heart and not the head. If I had been betting on the game I would have predicted the Bills lose by 7 so I was not surprised although I was disappointed.. I wonder what our record is on the road early in the season over the last 10-15 years. It seems like we just have a terrible time getting started.

and certainly it was with my heart. Not seeing the game, the Bills still could have won this game, but they need to mature, when they come back from big deficit, they need to learn that they can only win by playing good defense, and that every bad shot needs to be followed by better defense. It seemed that when they were close, every missed shotwas magnified by a defensive lapse......I think with the addition of Reggie it was somewhat disruptive, especially missing his first few shots.

... because the head said "loss." I maybe be pessimistic or realistic and you can call it what you want .... and I so much want to believe all the preseaon hope, hype, back room info and so on but as Freighttrain7 in Cleveland always reminds me yearly ... "these Bills, they'll break your heart every time." History supports that. That's why I adhere to the motto "Its tough to be a Bills fan."

I have refrained from picking every game and will continue to do so. I want them to win them all but ..... I also refrain from offering any sort of total prediction for the season. A team could lose every regular season game and still win the national title. That might mean an overall record of something like 10 and 27 but you'd have to admit that that season would be a huge successs. It includes a national title, how could it not be such?

This team is too new, with no proven scorers, no point guard and now has a big man with a breathing problem. I still want that birthday present, however.

i noticed especially in the first half he just seemed to be drifting around the perimeter rather than running around the screens. my guess is that he will "get it". he looked much better the last 10 minutes of the game.

I'm concerned more about Drejaj than Reggie. Both of them always look for dribble penetration rather than shooting around screens. reggie may be able to get this but we know he is prone to alot of penetration in spite of the fact he is such a good spot up shooter. Drejaj on the other hand I would do well to use his screens more, his penetration causes too many TOs while his hot road shooting is what we needed last night.

Um, not in all conferences can a team lose every regular season game and still win the National Championship. Some conferences, including the Billikens' current conference (C-USA), omit the bottom teams from the conference tournament. An 0-27 team would obviously be one of the teams left out.

Drejaj actually had at least one of his four thees come off a screen, and it caught my attention, Reggie seemed to move better with the ball, and he is very creative with his moves to the rim. More agile and compared to perry who was stronger to the whole. In the second half I thought RB settled in, was more comfortable, I look forwrd to seeing him in person against AZ.