Recruiting Gurus

Steve

I saw him play a little bit with the Eagles last spring. Didn't see enough of him to say if he was D1 or not.

I should mention that North Shelby is in Shelbyville, which is a small rural town. I don't think you can look at the numbers and take much from them, since he would be playing against kids that would be much smaller than him for the most part.

You also have to be careful when you hear certain schools are recruiting someone. He may be just getting some letters or an occasional phone call. Beside, SLU may be recruiting him but no one would know except the coaches.

I should mention that Shelbyville is Norm Stewart's home town, so big time players can come these small towns.

On his show yesterday, Slaten made a big deal out of the fact that the Bills (and Missouri) were not recruiting this kid. Something like "How can they expect to get better when they ignore great talent that is close." I imagine that's why it is now popping up on the forum. So, consider the source.

i agree willie. even as far back as grawer and spoon who brought in the luechtifeld boys, we have given the small school players a chance. i am hoping that we begin to follow lucas o'rear and rob rudy close to see if they are division one talent over the next 2 years.